Hey Sup Forums wtf is that black shit on the cpu cooler, aka i found this pc in the trash...

Hey Sup Forums wtf is that black shit on the cpu cooler, aka i found this pc in the trash, but seriusly this is the most nasty computer i have ever found.

Fuckin hell the cpu fan wont even spin

Does it smell of cigarettes? Possibly a smokers pc.

Its just dust
I have seen much worse
Just clean it all up and get the computer running again unless there is some kind of visible damage

it's nicotine. it's also immediately toxic to humans in that concentration. use protective gear.

>Smokers PC
Might be beyond cleaning if this is the case
I had to scrap a GPU I got from a smoker just because the smell of smoke would not come off, and so when the fans on it spun up it made the entire PC smell like cig smoke
Try LIGHTLY smelling it and see if it smells like cig smoke, if so just fucking wrap it all up in a bag and junk it

this

At minimum wear a cheap home depot industrial mask and nitrile gloves OP.

mold. you are now infected. kys, only option

He could nuke himself from orbit too

OP here, it dont smell like smoke, the computer is filled with fucking cat hair and black dust, i cleaned the cooler using a vacume and a brush, the mother board has blown capasitors so il fix that, and id got to say its hard to resist this pc, it got 8gb of ram 700gb hard drive and much more, but its a fucking old crap from the windows vista era. I am going to use its ram on another pc, wich ll be using it as a rust server.

The ram, its probably ddr2

It is DDR2

Gpu that was inside

Heres the full specs, i think its a good find.

>tfw that is a better CPU than my current one
Fuck, I need to upgrade

Damn, that would be a good dumpster find fixer upper video

Literally just stick everything in the dish washer and give it a good dry. It should be fine and if not it was free anyway. Its better than putting up with a smokers pc and trying to clean it by hand.

That's actually not too bad, that Phenom is pretty decent, and with 8gb of ram, although it's DDR2, a 750ti or a gt1030 thrown in there would make a great light gamibg machine.

Nice, I found a Dell xps 420 with a q6600 instead of a phenom x4 9750, but with the same gpu and ram of your find. It's a nice Youtube/family computer/old game player sitting in my basement.

I did clean it by hand

I already have a gaming pc with a 980ti so like i said above im a use it as a server or just sell it.

If it doesn't smell like smoke but theres pet stuff in there, its probably just pet dander and stuff like that.
Clean it all under extremely hot tap water and then let it dry for a day or so. Works well on heatsinks since air might not get it all and a wet paper towel will take years.

It'll still smell like soap. You can clean it int he sink with soapy water and a scrub brush too. It'll get rid of smoker's crap, unless youre a nasty dirty fuck yourself and don't care then go right ahead.

Fair warning though, if you use it in a non-smokers house you'll smell that nasty thing when it starts to heat up.

If you drop in windows 7 and leave 4gb of ram you can easily sell the fucker for 200$ to some poor sap on craigslist.

This too. I sold potatoes on craigslist for $150 and they were a decade behind.

Im currently working on the motherboard,searching for caps in my salvaged capasitor box

>CPU
AMD Phenom-9750 (A) 2.4 GHz (95W)
>Motherboard
ASUS Narra3-GL8E
>Chipset
GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
>PSU
350W (probably some great value type shit)
>RAM
8 GB (4 x 2GB) 240 pin, DDR2 SDRAM
>STORAGE
750 GB SATA 3G (3.0Gb/sec) 7200 RPM HDD
>GPU
AMD Radeon HD3650 - 512 MB DDR2 memory
>Wireless
Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n
>Sound/Audio
ALC 888S chipset - HD 8-channel audio
>Network (LAN)
Integrated 10/100 Base-T networking interface
>Add-on
16X DVD(+/-)R/RW 12X RAM (+/-)R DL LightScribe SATA drive
Memory card reader w/ IR Receiver

Here you go, OP. I took the time to write out all the specific specs out of boredom.

Thanks and you got the mother board wrong also when i found it had no psu and side panel

you're welcome. and that's still a good find tho. does it post?

Idk yet. The motherboard has exloaded capasitors wich i need to replace first and then rig it up.

update us with a new thread or something when you get around to doing it. I'm actually skeptical you can get it working by replacing capacitors, tbqh. I feel something like that would be easy to fuck up

It actualy is really easy to fuck up the motherboard if your using a soldering iron, cus on motherboards there are tiny pads and tiny amounts of solder and if you do manage to touch the pad the solder barely melts through, btw i will be using a hot air station to repair this.

well good luck to you lol. are you about to do it right now?

Probably in a 2 hours or sooner cus im still finding a 820uf cap

Actualy i found them so il be starting now

Oh well, op failled! Pad was broken

sweet! kinda excited to see if it works

noooooo

Hp is cancer. No matter it's new or old it's always cancer

Got a cleaner image? If there's some traces leading away from the shot pad, you can scrape the protective layer off them and solder directly to that instead.

IMO though you really should have gotten a replacement board that supports the Phenom. They ain't too expensive on ebay.

There is no trace pad just a pad

Well, a direct replacement board is about $30-ish on ebay if you're willing to go that route.

Im a try powering it on without that capasitor

>mother board has blown capasitors

Forget it. Keep looking in the trash, find another one.

There is another system - out there, somewhere.

I'm not saying it's impossible to fix but when the motherboard has blown caps it's usually time to ditch it. There is a reason that system was in the trash. This doesn't mean you can't use the case and the HDD and perhaps even the RAM and the CPU.

Too bad it didn't have the PSU.

OP is clearly a dumpster diver. Epray is not required, there is a cheaper route and OP knows it.

We believe in you OP.

OP here, and well i fucked up, i did not fix the motherboard but atleast i got a load of good parts, if your interested in me salvaging the case and other stuff, and upgrading my other computer to run a rust server then come join me live stream at twitch /xpiy

new thread here:

>GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
shittiest integrated graphics i've ever dealt w/. integrated graphics aren't all that special in the first place but having to deal with this one in particular for years on end pissed me off