How come neets like you run away with your tails between your legs at the mere prospect of needing to drive a car or...

How come neets like you run away with your tails between your legs at the mere prospect of needing to drive a car or get a license? I've never understood this babbie fear.

Isn't that the girl that ran way from home and came back with a nigger baby and crying to her parents her baby daddy wouldn't pay child support.

>Her

26, don't have a license. I've only ever driven a car as a kid when my dad let me drive for a bit on a private road.I did have a moped as a teen, but I only drove around the countryside and on smaller roads.

Driving a car is too big of a responsibility, can't trust myself with that.

>western US
>doesnt drive

pick one. even nerds drive here.

Says you, I have my license, and I even have a CDL...and I own my own car. A 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

>nowhere to go
>all my entertainment requires me to only commute from my bed to my desk or couch and back at most
>can't afford insurance
>can't afford gas
>can order groceries and supplies with free shipping from Amazon and Walmart
>fast food joints all deliver to my door
>can order cyanide, put on rag, pretend to be hot on tinder with fake pics and shopped timestamps, to fuck hot bitches on the cheap at home
Why get a car when I don't even have to go outside? I read driving is a chore anyway.

Unless you live in a major city having a drivers license is practically mandatory to survive in the US.

i run away from the prospect of having to pay for a car and a driver's license and gas, not driving itself

>not living in a major city
>living
pick one

Had my license, driving gave me anxiety attacks. I would rather ride my bicycle anyways.......

Mass transit is cheaper, and gives me time to read stuff, shitpost, or reply to emails on my way to work. Also, I live in a major city, not a rural area, so we have decent transit and I have no use for a car.

>driving gave me anxiety attacks
Pussy

>order cyanide
you fucking corpses buddy?

I have a boating license though

Why do non-NEETs troll the fuck out of NEETs. Don't they have a life?

Lol Fuck driving brah
I bike verywhere

>cyanide
I think you mean chloroform, user. At least I hope.

man I wish I had a boat. Life would suck without boats

it's Sup Forums you idiot, there's no one else to talk to.

also I was a neet for a long time and I still had a license and a car that my parents helped me get.
I waited until I was 18 to get licensed to avoid having an embarrassing Young Driver provisional and I passed my license test on the first go because I've always loved cars, especially racing sims, so a real wheel and pedals were very easy to get acquainted to and I have good spatial logic.

so yeah , no excuse being afraid of driving, just play video games and get used to knowing where your wheels are when you can't see them.

Sup Forums's love affair with traps, err I mean trips!

>Money
A car eats money for breakfast, even a cheap, shitty one. Pay for gas, pay for insurance, pay to park in a public place, pay for maintenance, pay pay pay...blegh.

>Necessity
I have nowhere to go. My job is 7 miles away. The bank is 3 miles away. The grocery store is just down the street. Frankly I don't need a car because I don't need to go very far from my house in the first place.

>Maintenance
Taking care of a car is actually kind of hard work once you start thinking about it, and I'm very lazy.

I think I'd rather just bike or maybe take a bus or lyft everywhere. It's much easier and cheaper. Not to mention biking is better for the environment anyway.

I've only met one person in my entire life that was older than 20 and didn't already have a driver's license. He was a Wiccan who didn't believe in using soap and permanently smelled like shit. Not having a license is a GIANT red flag to anyone outside your NEET hideout.

Turning 18 means you're supposed to at least attempt to be self sufficient, not leeching off free rides from friends or depending on public transport. You fucking retards are going to get older and become 100% dependent on other people / the government and its fucking embarrassing. Jesus christ get your shit together driving is piss easy.

>2016+1
>being an adult and not driving

if you don't have a license and don't drive, you are confirmed to have autism

what was that op?

I live in England. They aren't really needed unless you live in a rural area

>Taking care of a car is actually kind of hard work
The only kind of real maintenance you need to do on a car is change oil/brakes and occasionally replace the radiator, which all of those things aren't hard at all. If you can't even do those then you should just kys tbqhwyf

try changing the radiator in a 74 chevy sprint and tell me that ain't hard at all, fucc boi

I'm not a neet and I've had a license for 12 years, I am an /o/tist not an autist

I'm a neet and have a license, I had to drive to school during my high school years.

25 NEET my whole life, I'm on autism so I get a nice thicc milf driving me around in a comfy mental health care car anywhere I need to go so up yours!

Buy a car made in this century.

I dont get enough bux to own a car and eat.
I would have one if i did though.

well aren't you special, fucboi

The idea of having to meticulously navigate a massive multi-ton wheeled death machine around other massive multi-ton wheeled death machines terrifies me

I don't trust myself to do everything safely and correctly

so everyone should own a car less than 17 and a half years old? and what do we do with all the older ones?

modern cars are pretty safe if you don't drive like a retard

>he doesn't drive an IIHS top safety pick

Get a motorcycle then

>get hit by massive multi-ton wheeled death machines
No protection on a motorcycle, that's even more scary fuck no.

>I am completely incapable of transporting myself anywhere unless someone else has agreed to do it for me

L O L

>implying a donorcycle is safer

they can't hit you if you're going fast enough

I have both a license for passanger cars as well as a license for emergency vehicles (work)

I don't have a can and ride I bike.

No thanks you dumb fuck I don't want to end up on Liveleak.

Thank you for your work.

>Meticulously navigate?
You must be 12 years old.

>Death machine?
Seriously?

Multi-ton?
Ok, so 2 tons BARELY counts as multi-ton.

I had the same problem, then I realised that I trust other people even less

> or get a license
6 months of drivers' school, exams and a monthly wage for all of this. Thanks, I can live without it.

what are you, a pussy or something

you completely missed it bro

prolly the biggest pussy we've had on Sup Forums ever since jokrap3

> >I am completely incapable of transporting myself anywhere unless someone else has agreed to do it for me
Americans can't walk.

That's so much worse what the fuck

Yet I ride my bicycle in the street with the cars, but yea, I'm a pussy.....

I'm 38 years old, live in Sweden in the EU

and I've never had a drivers license or a car.

I could easily get a license, that's just a matter of time and spending some money. I probably wouldn't get a car even if I did. I'm fine with either walking or riding my bike or taking the train if I need to go somewhere further away.

The only times I see a need for a car is when I need to buy something big second-hand, everything new can be delivered.

I get why people like cars, they are lazy or they work somewhere they can't easily get to without one. People with cars are usually a lot fatter. They also always insist that we use their car for some reason. It's like walking 10 minutes would kill them. No, we can't walk, no we must drive even though we can see the place we're going to from the window because it's just impossible to put one foot in front of another when there is a car nearby.

that's exactly why you're a pussy. glad we agree.

see

Because I live in Europe and I love trains. I have a card I can use to ride for almost free.

Exactly!! Plus it's better for you and the environment!!

sounds a lot like you're projecting your family's and friends' habits onto the rest of the world, buddy.

i'm willing to bet 1000 dollars that the behavior you just described is something your family is guilty of.

>living in a shithole
>living
Pick one

NO U

lad, the coppers been called

I don't see how riding in the street makes me a pussy. I would think riding on a sidewalk would make me one.

I never understood why people buy new cars when you can get nice old ones that still do the same thing for a fraction of the price.

And there are people in here scared to ride a motorcycle, which belongs in the street.

>cyanide
Better fuck those bitches pretty quickly after you've used that stuff on them because those hot bitches will go cold on you pretty fast after you've used that stuff on''em.

I'll pick living over living in a shithole any day.

I'm epileptic

ITT, Yuropoors and literal NEETs who will never enjoy the freedom of the open road. You are utterly devoid of agency and thus aren't even a real adult. Lmao'ing at your life.

>licensing
>registration
>inspection
>insurance
>maintenance
>fuel

Why can't I hold all of these freedums?

I can't imagine anyone wanting to live in an American city. I imagine people do so solely because of higher pay and job prospects.

Srsly, if I were ever to move to the US, I'd live in one of those states where a 4-bedroom home costs 200k and the gun laws are better than Canada's.

When you make enough money and the financial toll doesn't really affect you it's nice to have nice things.

shut up cager fuck

This has nothing to do with money. Regardless of the amount of money I have I will always rather pour it into an old car than a new one. Eat a dick, you condescending piece of shit.

Relying on public transit is not codependence any more than relying on gas stations, and garages, and your dealership's finance plan is. You're paying for a service.

As someone who has owned a car for the past ten years and throws on ~40k km/year, fuck off. I'd take the train if I could.

This. You can buy an older truck and a fuck load of tools and manuals for a fraction of the price of a car that you're not allowed to change (exhaust, ignition etc.) and is expensive to fix. Trucks are easy to work on. Lots of room and can work on/remove drive train without jacks.

Also truck==instant friends.

Biking is the patrician traveler's choice.

A lot of people who have cars don't actually need one.
Most people only buy a car because it's just 'what you do.' Having a car is a status symbol that screams, "LOOK AT ME, EVERYONE. I AM AN ADULT," it's not usually something you buy out of pure necessity. Billions of people live their lives without cars and they're doing just fine.

>wanting to be friends with inbred hicks

It's almost a right of passage at this point. You buy a car at all costs. It's just what you do.

It's expensive as fuck unless you live in a poor nigger state. Why would you waste your precious neetbux on car insurance?

>18 year old autistic tranny neet
>have license
You have literally no excuse :^)

>licensing
$35 once every 7 years in my state
>registration
$48 per year
>inspection
State doesn't require it on newer vehicles
>insurance
$130 / month for full coverage (which I make in 3 hours of work)
>maintenance
brakes, new tires, and oil all average to less than $200 per year that I've owned my car
>fuel
You must live outside the US if you think fuel is expensive. $1.73 per gallon and i get 38 MPG.

You're right, best bet is to peddle your bicycle everywhere. Let the real men own a motor vehicle.

I bet you got a purdy mouth.

What?

>implying there is anywhere to go

>needing a destination

What? I'm a 30 year old NEET and I've had a license since I was 16 and I have my own car.

>Relying on public transit is not codependence any more than relying on gas stations, and garages, and your dealership's finance plan is

If you live in the US, this isn't true at all. I guess this debate really just boils down to EU vs USA. The public transport in my city is complete dogshit, so I drive.

What's wrong with riding a bicycle? It's healthy, practically free, contributes next to zero emissions (zero if you don't count your own exhalation), etc.

>i enjoy driving for fun
i can't wait until robots take over the roads, then it becomes illegal for humans to drive.

Not too bright. Just perfect.

it's slow and provides zero protection or cargo capability

>What's wrong with riding a bicycle?

Nothing I guess. I grew up in Los Angeles though and riding your bike everywhere stops being cool somewhere around 5th grade. You need a car here.

tf are you talking about?
i got my license years ago?

That's right, goy. Just drove around aimlessly burning oil, then let your greatest ally help you secure more oil in the Middle East. Don't you just love being free, goy?

statistically speaking, most of us are most likely going to die in an "accident", which frequently involves automobiles.

... So, if you can avoid owning and operating an automobile and not be a NEET- More power to you. I love using public transit when I can, and whenever I go on a vacation I never rent a car and use public transit instead. I live in the greater Los Angeles region and although there is no decent public transit near me, I can drive 10-15 miles, park my shit in a parking garage for free and spend $7 on an all-day Metro pass and go pretty much anywhere in the city without dealing with fuckwit LA drivers. On top of that, there are other nice public transit options like BoltBus- I can spend $7 on an Uber to get to a BoltBus stop that will take me to Vegas for ~$15-$20. Beats the hell out of driving.

However, if you aren't a complete idiot, owning a car is not that expensive, and is generally much faster and effective than public transit unless you live in a very dense metropolis. Buying a used car is a mixed bag because other people suck and treat their cars like shit. I bought my Yaris new and have no regrets. Paid that shit off in 2 years and have had it for over 4 now- Largest expenses have been new tires and new battery. Not a big deal. Full coverage is $100/mo. Worth it to me- Might not be worth it to you. Weigh all of your options and quit being a shut-in NEET.

>have shitty 98 taurus
>can literally fix anything on it for pennies
>if i cant do it, my dad can do it
>if he cant, friends dad who is a mechanic can for cheap

I feel like you've failed to illustrate why relying on public transit is shameful, or juvenile, or not "self sufficient" though.

I want to build an electrical goped with 50km of autonomy.

You can ride on the sidewalk