ReactOS

How come nobody on Sup Forums ever mentions ReactOS? It's broken as shit as it is now, but it's got atleast some potential.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Im9A9vsA-m8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

whats the point when I can just use windows? idgaf about open source autism and windows is easy to pirate

>this is Sup Forums, today
really makes me think

>How come nobody on Sup Forums ever mentions ReactOS?

Because this:

>It's broken as shit as it is now, but it's got atleast some potential.

hasnt changed in 10 years.

Because it's broken as shit.

/thread

Reactos is pointless.
>"muh open source os that im going to use with a bunch of proprietary programs
just use linux if you want that shit

I agree that Linux+Wine is a better way

No it's not. In 15 years when Microsoft has abandoned their old code base, there are still going to potentially be things that people want to run.
Just because you're some faggot 15 year old who just wants to run the latest Call of Duty or whatever doesn't mean shit. Documentation of this stuff will be very helpful down the road.

i agree, im not a fan of reactos either. its an interesting project, but with no real purpose. its pretty pointless.

but unfortunately you totally missed my point. i was talking about the stupid shit that user said, while not necessarily showing my endorsment for reactos.

I like it, nightlies have shown good progress over the last few months and it plays the game I like.

the devs dont pay me to post abut it here like microsoft does

>Pirate Windows
Why people do this shit? It comes preinstalled on every laptop and if you're building your own pc the OEM license is cheap as fuck.

>Russian
>potential

Don't fool yourself. This is the pinnacle of Slavic civilization. It's not going to get any better.

because it's shit?
why would you rewrite god damn windows. out of all possible architectures. that.

>rust
>got atleast some potential

we get "why doesn't Sup Forums ever mention reactos" threads constantly
a few weeks from now it will happen again

>2017
>using fagtops

Razer kiddie detected

>why we don't like ReactOS?

It's a bullshit bad copy of an already broken architecture called Windows NT.
The fact that it is Free/Open Source does not change the fact that it is MEANT to run proprietary software.

And no, it has no potential, it hit a brick wall.

This. Why do people need to pirate a $80 app?

>app
wew lad

I need mah Enterprise version

It's been broken as shit but having potential for 20 fucking years. In the same amount of time Linux went from being a student project to being a force to contend with in computing. ReactOS has just... been there, never making any significant progress, never becoming useful for anything practical.

Why should I pay Microsoft for making window worse? I just use windows inactivated because fuck it

The purpose is mainly enterprises licenses for older programs and OS's from the WinXP era.

Looks comfy. It really needs more funding to surpass even Windows XP, but the idea of a free Windows-compatible OS pleases me.

> cheap as fuck
> still not as cheap as free tho

this

I tried to install ReactOS once, on ancient hardware that was listed in greenest colors on the hardware compatibility page, and after installing the first driver it was dead with no possibility of recovery.

Well, at least it provided a mildly entertaining Sup Forums thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=Im9A9vsA-m8