Want to live in van

>want to live in van
>no laptops use low enough volts
>hotspots now are shit
>phablets will probably not werk right but are conveniently low volt
>will have to be a fucking phone poster
>cheap ass will never save up enough money for the van anyway or else would better batteries, hack cell to tether if possible, and connect to laptop
Hopefully those chinese cheap phablets that take sims work well enough.

Other urls found in this thread:

s.aliexpress.com/e6ZFn6Bn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no laptops use low enough volts
Just get a cheap 12Vdv->110Vac inverter to plug your laptop power brick into.

>want to live in van

I want the twelve volt car batteries that are cheap as fuck to power it for more than four hours. Phablets take like five volts, so would last eight. Not like any laptops use six volts. Though you could just keep buying more batteries and find some way to painstakingly charge the bastards, I don't see myself with a book bag full of lead acid batteries sitting at a public power outlet for four hours every day though.

I'll have to power my heater after all.

put a solar panel on the roof

bruh your understanding of electricity is fundamentally flawed

>want to live in van

IS not. Fifteen dollar lead acids have like 4 amp hours. If it is half of it's twelve volts, roughly I'll have half the time.
And live on the surface of the sun in a metal box? They're shit and it'll be a cargo van to blend in anyway. Though I've considered it. If you were conservative, I've calculated that if you'd spend three hundred or so on the panels, and they fit on the roof, it'd probably keep one battery immortal.

>deductive reasoning
I'm cheap for being poor. If I ever make money it'll probably only be like five hundred a month. I cannot stand roomates, so I need the van.

The fuck am I reading?
Jesus dude you really have no idea what you're talking about.

i hope you don't live anywhere hot .

Depends on the battery. Like, some cannot go dead without having their lead plates crack. THat's also a cheap battery problem. I know I'm probably just not explaining it well. I've checked the equations looking at how much amazon and such panels can put out, and calculated them to be dog shit. you'd have to spend hundreds to get enough out of them to power the battery, then buy the stuff to hold back the electricity so it won't blow up and all, and the cheapest blow up batteries.
The first thing I'd do is move to CO for the lack of blacks and dude weed so I don't end up drunk in a van ever. Right now it's FL. The transition from here to there will probably just make me continue to be NEET with my parents.

Unless Mcdonalds really will transfer me.

>I'll have to power my heater after all.

Then get an insulated van and a 0F rated sleeping bag. Your heater consumes 10x as much power as even my desktop, if you want to save power that has to go first. Also, if you're concerned about draining batteries then park at an RV stop and hook into their power like smart people who live out of their cars/vans/RVs do.

It can work. The lack of a laptop and great hotspots and all is my actual problem that will make me uncomfortable.

And Installing the shower could be a pain in the ass. They have really nice propane ones.

Checking in to those places would cost to much. And I can just put the low volt heaters in a box with me inside the van when I sleep. That way it will use only half battery power at once and the phablet or phone will stay on.

And propane heaters could be cheap.

>Spend $500 on a portable battery pack thing, used for camping
>charge it at the gym/library/Starbucks/homeless shelter
>use whatever electronic you want in your van

Poorfags should be banned

>Checking in to those places would cost to much.

I disagree with this statement but if you don't want to deal with a landlord that's your decision. But figure that RV parks, besides offering free power and security, also offer showers and toilets.

>And I can just put the low volt heaters in a box with me inside the van when I sleep.

It gets cold in the Rockies, you're going to freeze to death if your vehicle's cabin is not totally insulated. Plywood camper shells aren't good enough, think of something like a refer van or ambulance. This, including a 0F rated sleeping bag and a snow jacket/pants, need to be your baseline just so you don't get yourself killed.

If it got stolen I'd never replace it. I'd always take my phone with me or phablet just to be safe, and leave it in a PO box during the day, but the batteries I'd want very replaceable.
DO NOT BULLY
I think inside a box I'd be fine. And the heater in such a closed space would probably work well even if it was only like a twenty dollar one.

It annoys me how not all heaters tell you how much power they need though. They're not always very descriptive.

The low isn't even that low also.

If it's ten degrees outside in the box it should be 50. I like to sleep in room temp and still sweat. I think it won't be that bad if the box is insulated.

But then the water would freeze and the van wouldn't start easy I suppose now that I come to think of what below freezing would to outside the box.

GET A LOCK FOR THE BACK OF THE VAN?

not even that pic can hide your faggotry. that's literally mfw reading this thread.

>>want to live in van
Why?

dude, im in FL too, just go to tallahasse, up there from what i hear arent too many blacks, but if you're 100% concerned about blacks, just go to St.Augenstine. no blacks there but expensive housing.

Living in a van sounds like it would be neat to try temporarily but the fact that you need to rely on outside sources for things as basic as a bathroom or shower is just stupid. Fuck that.

By van do you mean a caravan ? That actually sounds cool

Buy s.aliexpress.com/e6ZFn6Bn
It can turn 12v from a battery into 19v used by laptops.

My aunt and uncle nake a living by traveling from park to park as campground masters, they have a sweet RV, get to travel the country year round, and only do overseeing shit. Yeah, they had to give up a lot of luxuries but you could probably get by without net if you wanted, OP

Although getting a wife might help

There literally are laptops that can take 5V3A running Intel Atoms/Pentium N. Shitpost less, lurk more and you wouldn't have this retarded problem. For Internet get a fucking Mi-Fi router and best GB/$ data plan. For USB devices you can get a solar panel and put it on the roof of the car, and charge a decent amount of power banks/18650 batteries and then charge your router/laptop/phone with them, for the rest use bigger battery. For a laptop you could get a Chuwi Hi12/13 if you're willing to use a smartphone then atom chips should be powerful enough for you.

no he means an actual "i got some candy back in here" van

Joey Hess posts occasionally about his of the grid house that runs off of batteries and is 12v.