I am starting to think they are just joking with each new release

I am starting to think they are just joking with each new release

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/07/13/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-16241-pc-build-15230-mobile/
blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/07/03/windows-10-tip-keep-apps-organized-virtual-desktops/
community.linuxmint.com/img/screenshots/gnome-system-monitor.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is what Microsoft is doing on Windows 10, right now

uh what? what are you even bitching about you absolute retard?

1.) Who are 'they?' Is this Microsoft's doing, or Apple's doing?
2.) What exactly am I looking at?

>welcome to the p2p botnet, lad

the 'updated' acrylic design, after the 'users feedback'

source: blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/07/13/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-16241-pc-build-15230-mobile/

it is like nobody is behind the wheel

in fucking what? you just posted four random terminal windows without any context as to where they came from or what OS we are looking at

>in fucking what?
as i said, the updated acrylic design

go here

oh, mahboi

oh its their new UI design that is so pants on head retarded it literally has to constantly run a 3D engine

blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/07/03/windows-10-tip-keep-apps-organized-virtual-desktops/

>tips and tricks section
>2 desktop captures
>gifs
>20 mb each
>about 8 seconds long

these are the guys in charge of your desktop experience, ladies and gents

>implying they dont make the idiot interns do the website

Windows 10 had it from the very first release

>transparency on anything that has content
rip in shit windows

>meanwhile half of Sup Forums has semi-transparent terminals

ive actually never seen a screenshot with transparent terminals on Sup Forums.

in a shitty arch WM they boot for yet another animeshit/desktop thread.

literally the first ""not-desktop thread""" I saw in the catalog you must not have been on Sup Forums for longer than 10 minutes

So they added some blur?

It's better because it prevents sharp features in the background from becoming a distraction.

Transparency done right doesn't eat up a lot of resources.

>remove noise
>now there's a bunch of banding
nice

It also looks bad and decreases readability.

>ive actually never seen a screenshot with transparent terminals on Sup Forums.

>windows users actually believe this

it looked better with the noise. fucking retards have to ruin everything

It lets you feel close to your waifu when you kode.

they added nothing

That's too much opacity.

they toned down the noise you blind fuck

More dithering?

As long as they still give us the option to turn transparency off they can fuck it up as much as they want.

why doesnt linux have a good task manager

>he's never used htop

htop lel

>htop
um, no sweetie

>meters for each individual CPU, RAM usage, and swap space usage
>search all running processes and end them either gently or immediately
>all in the same window
Explain to me how Windows' task manager is better.

it dun make colorful graphs XD

htop actually does have an option for graphs for each of its meters. I just don't use it because I don't think the extra use of screen real estate is worth it.

>No GUI

I'm sure you're gonna start bitching at me and then go to another thread and cry 'Year of linux when abloo bloo? Why does nobody like loonix? :'('

Not him but can you give me a SINGLE fucking advantage of a monitoring tool having a "GOOOOOOOEEEY"?

gnome system monitor off the top of my head:

community.linuxmint.com/img/screenshots/gnome-system-monitor.png

I'm sure you could find others.

For example, yes.

Shut up retard.

This guy is right. I *love* using my computer like it is teletype-based despite having a bitmap screen and a mouse!

>b-but it's not a GUI
>he wants his task manager to waste system resources on drawing fancy shit
>he wants a task manager he can't run if his system fails miserably and he's stuck at a command prompt
When your computer breaks, you spend hundreds taking it to a "professional". When my computer breaks, I know why and I fix it myself.

Most people realize that Arch is primarily for poser faggots that never actually do any programming.

> following the Arch guide makes me 1337!11!!11

>can't name a single fucking advantage
>lol jus gon make fun of him
If you ever wondered why you get called out for being a drooling redditor it's probably shit like this friend

>I am starting to think
good start, now install Source Mage.

arch is for people who want a minimal, customizable linux system with the best user package repository and documentation in
existence. don't project your insecurities on other people

an absolutely shit distro senpai no idea why you're so firm on shilling it here. You're probably the only user so far.

Have you considered running a stable OS?

htop has mouse support

Sorry that it is too advanced for you.

This is 2017 my friend. It has been 44 (FORTY FOUR) years since the introduction of the first GUI-based OS. We can fix things without having to resort to 1960 rudimentary interfaces invented for teletype computers and mainframes. I know this is hard to grasp to people using server OSes like Linux as their desktop OS. This allows us to focus on productive things instead of having to babysit our fucking OS.

Why does your post read like something copypasted from Currysoft shilling guide 101?

> We can fix things without having to resort to 1960 rudimentary interfaces invented for teletype computers and mainframes.
Text is outdated? How the fuck do you communicate with your computers? Pictograms? You make gestures? Yell at it?
Can you please explain how exactly did you came to a conclusion that htop is something that you use over a teletype?
Do you even know what a teletype fucking is or are you just regurgitating words you don't understand?

>This allows us to focus on productive things instead of having to babysit our fucking OS.
Yeah the mighty productivity of a Sup Forums user. I keep forgetting about that shit.

Did you even bother to look up what htop is or did you immediately dismissed is as "lol not videogame enough XD" because it's something Windows doesn't have?

I've never met an Arch user that wasn't an unemployed poser and I live and work in SV. Even the primary arch developers fit that stereotype.

Oh yeah I forgot. You still owe me ONE genuine advantage of a system monitor that has a GUI

>latest release 13 months ago

Nice botnet

dont bother
its literally just salt

the second windose would get something like htop entire Sup Forumseddit would come here to boast about it for a fucking week
"le no reasons to use shitnux anymore111" and such

>windows
>stable
Keep deluding yourself. I'll just enjoy my free security patches and ability to swap bits of my OS out if they don't work well for me.

You wanna talk productivity?
In order to do a find and replace for--let's say an IP address--in Notepad, using the oh-so-advanced GUI, you have to:
>move the mouse across the screen to click a button
>move the mouse across half the screen again to select a text field
>type in what you want to find
>put your hand back on the mouse to select another text field
>type in what you want to replace it with
>put your hand back on the mouse again to click "find/replace"
>drag the scrollbar or spin the mouse wheel to slowly find where you were before

In vim, I do this:
>hit :
>type "%s/thing/replace-with-thing/gc"
>hit y or n for each highlighted item
>never remove my hands from my keyboard
>then I can just hit "gg" to go to the top of the document, or "[number]gg" to go to any line, returning to what I was doing

W...W..Why is there a COMMAND PROMT OPTION?

I though it was CURRENT YEAR and we didn't need such a NOT CURRENT YEAR technology.

I CAN SEE BANDING

>windows 10 startup settings
Holy shit these are a pain in the ass.
You have to shut down and boot in a certain way to access them. Whether or not your settings take effect is like lottery. Updates reset everything and change the process of accessing them. The only documentation is either from indians on youtube or indians on Microsoft's support forums.
t. Windows 10 running in test mode for sound drivers for virtualized sound interface

A D V A N C E D T R O U B L E S H O O T I N G
aka
"when restarting the computer didn't work"

>botnet
>linux
kek

face it, you're too much of a pussy to use so advanced GNU/Linux distribution.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I work full time as a Test Analyst.

So go duck yourself

s o a d v a n c e d that it hasn't been updated in a year.

Why would you update something that advanced?
You must be wizard to use such an advanced system.

>not updating
nice vulns senpai

>vulns on advanced system
sure thing, NSA

>m-muh advanced system
>he thinks the NSA hasn't already tried to break his shitty distro
>he thinks that he doesn't need to update constantly to avoid getting spooked

there's no point anymore, those fuckers never stop

NSA, please, stop trying to brainwash people.

who's that waifu and why isn't it Akane Owari

Oh shit.
They brainwashed me...into brainwashing you!

SHUT IT DOWN

>anecdotal evidence
well it must be universally true then!

That's why you should wear your tinfoil hat everyday and make your room into Faraday cage.

God some of you people complain about the dumbest shit you must have nothing to do

It's almost as if we get on the internet because we've got nothing better to do with our lives.

Kek'd

this thread

Give me some examples of respectable developers that use Arch. They can't be losers working in the middle of nowhere for shit tier companies.

me

you say this as if there is a legitimate reason to use shitnux other than muh botnet terry a davis level paranoia

Actually, Htop is dangerously close to a GUI task manager. There are "tabs" and information is hidden behind them, you have to know where to look.
I like atop and even top better.

a shit waifu that's literally a slut

> literally a slut
What have I missed?
You can't hande a strong woman, you know she won't bend to you. That's why you hate her.

because nothing fails

a decade before windows v1

If you bought a $3k toy, wouldn't you want them to pay some attention to it?

vs windows v1

gates got a deal -- it wasn't the solution
he managed to deliver a very substandard, marginally functional copy

as it remains to be, fixed in time

who is your waifu

Literally "walked home gently" with the mc, definition of a slut

> name anybody, I'll shit all over your taste
> "walked home gently" with the mc
You mean, she had sex?
> definition of a slut
Yeah... No. By your logic, there are 7.5bln/2 - 0.25bln virgins, ugly and crazy = 3.5bln sluts on Earth.

how the fuck is htop not a graphical task manager?
It displays and updates information on your screen, you can click on buttons and use hotkeys like any other graphical application.
What is it "missing"?
Also every DE have their own task manager

shitty programmers that's not paid... so shitty work.

that's a common misconception pajeet. a lot of developers working or linux/gnome/kde/... are paid