Arduino hate thread

Arduino hate thread
Its responsible for lowering the entry barrier to electronics, and thus lowering the quality of people who indulge in this hobby. These days i see all these fucking normalfags who don't have any actual interest but just want to look cool and 'nerdy' buying arduinos and blinking LEDs, then forgetting all about them. Back in the day, there were no arduinos or whatever, if you wanted to play with electronics, you had to have a strong reading habit, passable general soldering, etc skills and all the datasheets of components you were using. Then came the research, then practice, and in the end, the sweet sweet result of your labor

Now its just buy an arduino board, and watch babby tier videos on how to use it

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/10PCS-ATTINY85-Module-Digispark-kickstarter-Micro-development-board-for-Arduino-usb/32749378933.html
aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-10sets-Nano-3-0-Atmel-ATmega328-Mini-USB-Board-with-USB-Cable/2001718879.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Calm the fuck down you autist.

yes

he is right do
The other day i saw a faggot posting his arduino collection collecting dust particless

I use Arduino for portability, I just migrated a 1K project from AVR to SAMD (ARM) with very little effort.

But yes, Arduino n00bs will never know the power of interrupts and being able to use all the chip's peripherals

Same could be said about every technology. Normies ruin everything.

>ZOMG people doing what I've been doing REEEEEee

couldn't fucking care less, arduino is just a useful tool.

Relax son you make it sound like coding for PIC microcontrollers in C looks much more different.

lel get fucked mr gatekeeper

Compilers hate thread
Its responsible for lowering the entry barrier to programming, and thus lowering the quality of people who indulge in this hobby. These days i see all these fucking normalfags who don't have any actual interest but just want to look cool and 'nerdy' coding Hello World in sublime text and invoking GCC, then forgetting all about them. Back in the day, there were no compilers or whatever, if you wanted to play with code, you had to have a strong reading habit, passable general card punching, etc skills and all the datasheets of ASM for the architecture you were using. Then came the research, then practice, and in the end, the sweet sweet result of your labor
Now its just 'emerge clang llvm', and watch babby tier videos on how to use it

>arduino is just a useful tool
Arduino isn't even mentioned in the embedded market, not even for "prototyping" as people claim it is.
The casual hobbyist market is the only place where arduino is mainstream, its overhead is wayyyy too much for anything useful or serious

The tool used to program isn't the point of discussion
The problem is too many ignorant people pouring in the field with 0 motivation or skills or even the will to learn, it just dilutes the field and makes the experience for others really shit.
Ask any arduino faggots any basic question about any basic concept, they wont know it.
Ask an arduinofag what a 555 is. He wont know it
Ask an arduinofag what are 74xx series chips are used for. He'll be ignorant
Ask an arduinofag whats the difference between a microcontroller and microprocessor and he'll be troubled.
Ask an arduinofag what taylor theorem is
Ask an arduinofag what even kirchoff's laws are
Ask him what the fuck is ohm's law and you just might be surprised

>responsible for lowering the entry barrier to electronics
>buying arduinos and blinking LEDs, then forgetting all about them

I don't see a problem here.

>barrier to programming getting lower
>bad

>tfw PICfag

You're not wrong.

But that's also the reason you're here complaining about it, so stop being part of the problem.

>be at a party
>talking to a group of people
>topic is hobbies
>be tech tinkerer, experienced with embedded as well as high level stuff, truly enjoy my hobby and been at it since my early teens
>tell others about my hobby
>bubbly stacey in the group chimes in that her hobby is the same, "programming"
>its not, she's just started learning html from w3schools days before this conversation
>to the other audiences, the stacey and I are at the same level
>someone who's been tinkering for over a decade is put on the same level as someone who hadn't been doing the same for even 10 days
>someone who actually programs in assembly and embedded C is being compared to someone who can barely make a document in HTML without help
>stacey later drops "programming" because its too hard for her

>I hate other people demystifying the autism of my hobby, the post.

>gnome3 macos wannabe visual design
Fucking disgusting.

>being this jealous of someone
kill yourself user

>all arduinofags are this subset of arduinofags
Yup, you are literally just a faggot.

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH DONT EXPAND INTO LEARNING NEW THINGS UNTIL YOU SPEND 100 HOURS STUDYING STUFF YOU CAN PICK UP LATER ON ANYWAY
Like, I didn't find out what a 555 was until after I started playing around with Arduino but I don't see what the the relevance is.
So you have a really cheap, robust timer chip. The only relevance is that if you make an Arduino sketch that does the exact same thing as the 555 then you've over engineered your solution.

Honestly, Arduino does more than just make hardware hacking available to normalfags. It also makes it accessible to people like me who actually do have a desire to learn about electronics, but don't have a lot of money to keep buying equipment. So I'm glad for that.

>you spend years of your life making conservational efforts towards the environment
>you do everything humanly possible and dedicate yourself for the good of the environment and truly enjoy everything
>someone once picks up a can and throws it in the bin
>you both are given the same 5$ reward, and your efforts are seen as equal

Tell me you wouldn't be mad

>but don't have a lot of money to keep buying equipment
You claim to not have too much money but still buy an arduino as opposed to a bare microcontroller, some patch cords, an ISP, and a breadboard (all of which will still cost less than an arduino)

>but still buy an arduino
*Arduino compatible board.

>spend years of your life trying to do something
>someone picks up and immediately is as good as you
>soon will be better than you

You just suck, don't be a hater m8.

You're too caught up in petty slights and the world will dtown you.

>normalfags playing with soldering
>normalfags
>soldering
Pick one

Immediately as good as me?
Without having any knowledge of what even a register is? HAHAHA
Without having any knowledge of what even an instruction set is?
Without having designed an instruction set?
Without having any knowledge of what even the device in their hands is?
Without having any knowledge of how to read and use the datasheet?

Hillarious

What Arduino did was make things like this possible
aliexpress.com/item/10PCS-ATTINY85-Module-Digispark-kickstarter-Micro-development-board-for-Arduino-usb/32749378933.html
aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-10sets-Nano-3-0-Atmel-ATmega328-Mini-USB-Board-with-USB-Cable/2001718879.html

Yes, and that's why you're so angry

>muh secret club xdd
Pathetic. You desperately seek validation and you think other people getting in the same hobby makes your skills less valuable. I.e you have low self esteem.

Also Arduino is more about programming than electronics.

So what? Who cares.

>waah people are insincere about things about which I feel passionate

Relax dude, the only ways this would affect you are if: a it hiked prices up for atmel ICs (>this part of the marketshare can do that) or if at work or uni some retard took on something in a project and slowed you down, which is arguably moot if you're as dedicated as you claim to be so that a poser couldn't actually advance far enough in the task to waste your time cleaning up his work too much.

Don't be a fcking faggit if you don't know how to use ti shove it up your ass

Elitist prick.

>be australian
>go to jaycar to look for an eeprom programmer
>sorry we only stock arduino stuff here
Fucking australia. I can't even get an eeprom test clip unless i either wait 2 weeks or more for shipping, or pay like $50 for it locally.

Who the fuck cares? Live and let live!

>to the other audiences, the stacey and I are at the same level
you are dumb, think too much and too low of yourself at the same time, and are also a shit person

You're just projecting your own insecurities. Skilled people are irreplaceable, and hence are not threatened by amateurs.

All right, I'm one of the retarded cunts that got introduced to electronics with Arduino. I understand your point of view, people that want to start in electronics these days are not required to grind nearly as much as back in the day. It most certainly lowers the barrier for electronics and the quality of the people that indulge in the hobby. The thing is though, the people who don't really give a shit about electronics won't ever go further than a blinking LED. That may complicate things from a social standpoint, because these pseuds will brag about their "hobby" that they don't actually give a shit about. I started with an Arduino, I did the blinking LED like every other faggot but after that I just went on and on, I developed a genuine love for electronics because of Arduino. I learned soldering, I have started making my own prototype boards and I'm doing real research and reading about everything before I play with it. I most certainly agree that Arduino has lowered the bar and I have a lot of respect for the oldfags who have had to put in much more effort for the same results, BUT despite the sharper learning curve the oldfags had to go through electronics is pretty much the same now as it was 20 years ago, the entry barrier may be lower but you still can't build anything advanced or worth mentioning from a few youtube videos or a quick start guide.

Well, soldering can be kind of risky. If you do it wrong, your components are ruined. Even the greatest hackers have to start somewhere.

Well, soldering can be kind of risky. If you do it wrong, your components are ruined. Even the greatest hackers have to start somewhere.

You're literally just angry because you can't haze hobbyists by forcing them to go through your exact experience.

By the way, a lot of the people I know who have Arduinos actually have jobs. Your moanings about a "hobby" makes me suspect they're better at this than you are.

This.

You're so butthurt

i've been contemplating getting a hantek scope from dx.com.
are they any good for a hobbyist?

>progress means making things easier.
>WAAGGHHH my entry level for my hobby is ruined
Are you actually retarded? Stop getting butthurt about casual people. If the retards like you were in charge we would still be coding in binary.
Stop complaining and get more competitive.

I hate arduinos as much as the next guy, but nigger do you know how much ISP's cost now days.
I can get a shitduino and program practically every microcontroller that is programmed on SPI and JTAG.