Can a national security organization CRACK a .rar file with a good password? How?

Can a national security organization CRACK a .rar file with a good password? How?
Not bruteforce.

Someone would tell you, but then they'd have to kill you, so, move on.

They would just need to bend space and time to look back when you were typing the password

What are backdoors

Don't trust people who make compression products to also make good crypto products.
Add an external layer of crypto around it, e.g. PGP.

I have made my own packing and crypting method and they don't know how it works because it's not the typical PGP or such

What are the chances of them succesfully reverse-engineering my algorithms? They are documented nowhere, only in my head

Approaching 100%.

Your crypto is probably shit.

Your crypto a shit.

0 since no one cares about your shit but a retarded kid could fuck the suit up of your crypto

>2017
>using winrar

Where did we fail?
(And why didn't it expire already?)

If it was created with WinRAR you just need to

>switch the bit (size / 2)
>open the file with winrar
>type 123 as password (if it already is 123, good)
>close the file
>repeat the process by switching the bit (size * 2 / 3)
>repeat again by switching the bit 0 (first)

We added this backakdso rrsnadkç sdafasssssssssssvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

But if they find only random bytes here and there that mean nothing they'd probably assume I was using a basic PGP (or some other popular cryptor) right? And time waste andf resources trying to bruteforce/collide it with the wrong algorithms using supercomputers Keep in mind that the don't know anything from it

They brute force your balls with a wrench until you spit out the password.

Only in movies they do that

uhh? might want to learn about cryptography

test

Takes about a day to crack a .rar password on an average PC. The encryption is not really strong.

Sure.

>Not bruteforce.
Probably not. Except if there is a flaw in the encryption scheme, and I'm not aware of one.

how do free+open source fags make a crypto programming without revealing how it works and making backdooring the mechanism possible? isn't there supposed to be a secret mechanism to it?

What is some good and simple encryption software for Windows?

you want protection from jamal or NSA?

retard

>and they don't know how it works because it's not the typical PGP
Plaintext -> Caesar Cipher -> PGP

That ought to get them

truecrypt or veracrypt

To actually answer your question, modern crypto works using algorithms that go one way easily but are almost impossible to go the other way without knowing something secret, like a password.

The way the algorithm works is known perfectly well, its the password used that is the secret part.

Way complicater than that

Probably. If it is proprietary software the chances are about 100% that they have a backdoor.
On free software there is a chance that it has no such backdoor, depending of course on how much it is used.

If you knew what you were doing (and since you asked you do not) they would not, unless you fucked up (100% chance for that).

Are you actually trying to imply your half assed homemade crypto solution is nothing compared to "typical PGP"

Ok crytokiddie

just use one time pad and fuck off

Because the algorithms are so specific, not just a random passcode applied to the data in a common way, it would take them ages to find out the exact multi-layer step by step either from reverse-engineering the exact pattern or bruteforcing it