/pcbg/ - PC Building General

If you want help:
>Assemble your parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA)
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?
How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

CPUs:
No i5 unless discounted
>G4560/G4600 - Budget builds (R5 1400 - Cheapest quad core you can get (Ryzen 3 soon)
>R5 1500x - Good but up to 1600 if you can
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; 1600x if you want higher stock clocks
>i7 7700k - Only for 144hz
>R7/Used Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/VM/mixed use; Not for just gaming

GPUs:
Coin miners have driven price up and stock down, waiting to buy a GPU might be wiser
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>GTX 1050(Ti) - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games, RX560 beaten by both
>RX570 - 1080p@60~hz maxed, running most maxed older games at 100~Hz
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@80hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; RX580 better in newer games
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@130hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p
>GTX 1080Ti - 1440p@144hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games

RAM:
>Check your Mobo QVL before buying any RAM
>Ryzen CPUs benefits a lot from high speed RAM

General:
ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
The Ryzen lineup comes with surprisingly good stock coolers. consider using them over any

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11505/asrock-demos-x399-threadripper-motherboards
pcpartpicker.com/list/dPw2Cy
pcpartpicker.com/list/JLMtTH
pcpartpicker.com/product/NN648d/seasonic-prime-750w-80-titanium-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-750td
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

any x399 boards officially announced and with spec sheets?

anandtech.com/show/11505/asrock-demos-x399-threadripper-motherboards
Seems to be just this so far

I'm tired of fucking waiting should I go to microcenter today and get the open box 1060 6gb for $280 or a new 1070 for $520

>1070 $520
This is beyond overpriced, don't even consider it
Restocking for the Rxx series has started and ETC has dropped in price / enormously increased in difficutly so the future is looking good so far

You can find some info about Gigabyte's Auros board and Asus' Zenith board out there too, but that seems like it.

If you're going to pay over 500 you might as well just get a 1080

Fuck it, I'm going to get a EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW2 GAMING iCX it's only $570 after rebate

i hope it won't explode on you

thanks

What should I improve? I'm getting a new cooler today too and RAM at microcenter

I don't know what you currently have so i can't tell.

I bought a 570 on preorder for close to MSRP just to sell it for 150€ more to minerfags when I get it in a month or so (amazon didn't specify a date).
It's the same one I want for my build so if prices drop I'll just keep it.

Did I do good?

Yes. Absolutely sell if prices remain inflated.

He's meming about the faulty VRM components on EVGA 1080 cards, which is related to a bad lot of capacitors or some shit from a supplier, which is why they can still explode after applying the cooling shit they send you.

>one month from now

Mining craze was ONLY crazy because ETH required the use of a graphics cards. Now that things are stabilizing, the second hand market for used graphics cards are going to boom at much *lower* costs than your jacked up *150* costs.

Unlikely you'll get what you want in a month from now.

Also, you're basically enabling miners. You just as bad as they are.

>early thread so he can shill for intel
I FUCKING CALLED IT

Have anyone tried a PS3 or WiiU emulator with Ryzen? if so what's your cpu + gpu configuration?

You were talking about another guy, not me. Also, it's time to stop shitposting and get a job or something.

you need to get a job you pajeet cuck

faggot thread

O SHIT, i found a pic of op

Hey, what do you think of my build?
Any recommendations?

pcpartpicker.com/list/dPw2Cy

This

Whatever, if that's the case I will just use it in my future build.

>You just as bad as they are.
I'm going to make money by actually selling a product.

jesus will banish you to hell

I'm jealous

dusbass

Fuck is wrong with you?

Thic solid tight build
Go for it

BELIEVE IN JESUS

Spending round $2.7K, you should be :)

ir a homosesual be banished to hell

What's your old build? Gonna sell it?

Fuck, that's a lot of RAM.
I hope you are actually making use of that in VMs or something. You certainly won't see improvements in games.
The only things that could go higher would be maybe getting a 960 Pro for that MLC goodness, and a Titanium PSU, but it's over the top as it is.

OP is a fucking democrat

I don't have a older pc.
I was a poorfag in the army with no computer until I got a fat paycheck.
Bought a laptop, ps4 pro with PSVR and now a gaming PC :)
Feeling good to finally have a bit of money (besides savings)

im just going to bump this thread till it dies hope you enjoy you dumb shill

>console faggot

Yeah I need the ram for VMs (well, maybe to 32bg of it, but what the heck).
I'll look into getting the 960 pro and Titanium PSU, thanks bro

OP why do you feel the need to constantly shill intel

Indeed I was (and still for a little bit).
I figured my transfer to the superior PC world should be with the biggest bang I can afford.

Don't listen to the cucks, you're a truly a PC building hero.

>biggest bang I can afford
then get fucked in the ass by niggers

What usage?

ur the cuck here you fucking loser intel shill

see

Primarily gaming, but programming and RE as well.

pcpartpicker.com/list/JLMtTH

Thoughts? This is for Solidworks/Keyshot/Adobe and gaming.

thats what you do you fucking queer

I have been aksing a few companies about Threadripper coolers.
Most just stay silent, however
Be Quiet says "no" and Deepcool says they'll have coolers at launch.

you have aids

If that's the case you should consider a 6 or 8 core CPU, quad core cpu are bit old now.

If you can't afford it, consider 16 gb ram instead of 32 because it's useless, or cheaper m.2 and hdd disk's.

>mfw everyone is expecting Threadripper to be an abortion like Ryzen
kek
No wonder their stocks are plummeting

Go out of the basement for a while, get your dick sucked by someone who isn't your mom

go fuck yourself

Good Titanium PSU:
pcpartpicker.com/product/NN648d/seasonic-prime-750w-80-titanium-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-750td
PRIME Titanium among the best lines money can buy. 12 year warranty.
You could probably bump down to 650W and be well in the clear though.

If you are gonna use vms get more cores. Don't limit yourself to the gayming only cpu

noctua will have some, unfortunately doesn't look like there will be any with 2 towers

What?
Why?
Did you not want to know?

I moved from console too like 4 years ago. Never looked back. You won't regret it.

you have aids and homosexuality get fucked by jesus

Yeah we saw those at Computex, so we know about those for certain.
In actuality I'm mainly interested in EK's reply.
Threadripper is happening in this office!

you have autism leave this thread leave this board and leave this site

spend 30 more dollars on an ekwb A240G instead of the corsair aio junk and get a $700 card

I'll replace my PSU with that one. Thanks!

What's your beef with Intel? Did you get retrenched for a pajeet? Tsk tsk tsk. Clearly your skills were undesirable

(you)

fuck everything in canada is so expensive. paid 500 CAD for a R5 1600 + gaming 3 mobo. might drive down to the U.S. just to get that 250 USD microcenter deal on the same parts even if it's a 6 hour drive.

>projection: the post

fuck off leaf

700w. You might aswell build a mining rig so you can sit on your as and just game. Fuck all those work programs

What's RE?
And programming what, using what software?

go back

No I do not
No I will not

Noctua showed two at computex

program ur mums pussy

resident evil...?

yes you do loser

Why are you trying to shit up this thread and bump it when you know very well that i can create my thread after yours and still get all of the replies?
No one likes you and your garbage way of posting and you have no skill at advicing so you can't even maintain a thread on your own. Just give up man.

Considering he said
>Primarily gaming
Beforehand and it didn't include the RE, it's probably something else

Cheapest I can find is:
g4560 €78
g4600 €93

Which one should I buy for an office pc?

Oh yeah this guys right. For future proofing the i7 is gonna lag behind as games now are starting to move on to multi-threading(or whatever that things called) maybe look at a ryzen option around the same price

REAL THREAD

G4560. The g4600 just has a better iGPU but nothing relevant enough to justify the price difference.

85 posts
20 IPs

oh come on

Reverse Engineering.

Pretty much everything - python, ASM, C/CPP, Web.
Mostly using Visual Studio.

For basic office tasks you could get away with a Celeron.
But if you want the Pentium, go for the cheaper one.

Fuck off retard.

What software are you using for the reverse? For your usage an R7 1700 would be superior in any

The guy has money and a life, don't know much about computers, why does it bother you? let him buy what he wants faggot

If he can spent 3k on a computer it's not even wort discussing, stop shitting the thread you fucking manchild retard not everyone is a shill, I'm an AMD user myself you fucktard.

>For your usage an R7 1700 would be superior in any
in any way, but i know IDA has pretty specific instruction set requirements so it might not work out.

t. butthurt intel shill op

Will it be a good idea to go with the 6800K instead? Even though it's got a lower clock speed?

and you have your virginity still intact

>Not purchasing via online options. Seriously all walk in stores jack up price 30% minimum. You fucked up. I'd honestly rather wait 2 weeks than to essentially assist in my own robbery

>Its a AMD shill starts a thread war because he is triggered episode

>fuck off you autistic loser, you start all these fucking 7700k threads, no one wants that shit but you keep shilling it, you aren't subtle
Notice how literally no one went to your thread except me to tell people to come back here instead, as absolutely no one is agreeing with you on removing the 7700k from the OP
You're the only one wanting this change, so fuck off. Everyone disagree with you so everyone will always go to the thread that has it instead. Fuck off to reddit if you don't like it.

What? Did you even read my post