/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Source: Pixel XL 2 will have Ambient Display Always On, Squeezing while Screen Off, Multiple Display Profiles, and More
xda-developers.com/source-pixel-xl-2-will-have-ambient-display-always-on-squeezing-while-screen-off-multiple-display-profiles-and-more/

Samsung has released a app that can live stream your device to Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.
apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/game-live/game-live-0-1-03-0-release/game-live-0-1-03-0-android-apk-download/

HTC U11 - Real Review
youtu.be/2OqK94X4Gng

Huawei Honor 9 "Sneak Peek"
youtube.com/watch?v=P3YFWTrUQN8

Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 with Dual Camera Leaks
twitter.com/techdroider/status/885699171486806016

Moto Z2 Play review: Not a bad phone, but still a step backward
androidpolice.com/2017/07/13/moto-z2-play-review-not-bad-phone-still-step-backward/

Moto G5 Plus 32 GB drops to $199, 64 GB model to $249
droid-life.com/2017/07/12/deal-moto-g5-plus-32gb-drops-199-64gb-model-249-30-50-off/

old

Other urls found in this thread:

banggood.com/Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-Pro-5_2-inch-6GB-RAM-128GB-ROM-Snapdragon-820-2_15GHz-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1050713.html
m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Never-used-Nokia-N-Series-N91-4GB-Gray-chrome-Unlocked-Smartphone-/222331046293?hash=item33c3f68995:g:AuUAAOSwcUBYPud-&_trkparms=pageci%3A5c63d5f4-68b7-11e7-a197-74dbd1807c8e%7Cparentrq%3A4214b4f515d0a9c108d1be98ffe9be4f%7Ciid%3A25
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reposting...
LG V20 or the ZTE Axon 7?

I need good audio quality, and would like to be able to do a simple root and put LineageOS on it later.

Axon 7 all day. No boot loops or retarded second screen

The only thing keeping me from it is that it's ugly and is a chinkphone.
How does a phone with literally everything cost $400? I want a prettier phone like the Huawei Mate 9, but apparently that phone has shit audio.

Any Axon 7 owners who have had theirs for a long period of time? Is it worth getting in mid-2017?

Why does GSMarena have the Redmi 4 prime with a 91h endurance rating and the Redmi note 4 with a 119h endurance rating when they both have the same stats except the 4 prime has a smaller screen.

>Country
Chile
>Carrier
Any (Don't care really, not going to call anyone)
>Wanted features
Mcro Sd slot, 5'' or more screen, Removable battery, Not going to use the camera
>Budget
Preferably less than $150
Plz respond

Those benchmarks are useless. if they'll run the test again they'll get different results.
You'll get 8-9 H on both easily.

Also, i'd actually prefer a chinkphone, bought over internet, than one from a supplier here

>Mcro Sd slot, 5'' or more screen, Removable battery
Literally the Moto G5.

Redmi Note 4 Global

Why are all the hands in this image white?

Is the Nokia 6 MIA?

In theory it should have hit the international market by now, but there's been literal radio silence.

It's already available in the US and certain europoor countries

>Country
Germany, EU
>Carrier
Doesn't matter
>Features
Android, 4" respectively Budget
open end

My best find so far: Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini Prime (SM-J106F/DS), which is pretty thick and not available in the EU.

white people are dumb and use dumb phones?

Any considerations I am missing?
Is there a way to get LG G5's with the bootloop issues fixed? I am leaning towards the G5 a bit, it has pretty much everything I want, just a bit worried about the battery size.

Just buy a spare battery or two

My phone (xperia XA) just upgraded to android 7.0 nougat. Now my default contacts app does not have a feature to only show contacts with phone numbers. Now it literally shows every contact I've ever e-mailed or talked to in messenger, etc.

What's the best 3rd party contact/dialler app?

Us
Straight talk
Currently have a lg g3 with deadzones on the screen, looking at g4s on eBay, just need something cheap that's comparable or better than my g3

t. pajeet

enjoy your internet while it lasts
t. pajeet

Still nowhere to be seen in Italy.

I really wanted to buy it, but if it will take too long to arrive, it may face the competition of the LG Q6 (assuming they'll cost roughly the same).

>Android, 4"
Yeah, no. grow bigger hands and get the X compact or A3 2017, these are your only choices for handlets.

>bootloops
Stop buying LGshit.

Is ZTE going to make a new phone? Like the Axon 8?

Just bought the Redmi Note 4 lads, what ROM's have you got running on yours?

>Country
Canada
>Carrier
Rogers
>Features
MicroSD, Removable Battery
>Budget
doesn't matter

Currently using a Note4 But my plans up next month. no idea what i should be looking for

RR>LOS.

>removable battery
LG G5 or V20, that's pretty much it

Thanks for the recommendation you fucking faggot

This.

So any recommendations galaxy? Anything? come into a thread specifically for advice get shit posts instead

>Country
Australia
>Bands
1, 3, 5

>Features
NFC
USB-C
Long lifetime/support (third-party is good)
Good battery life
MicroSD or large ROM (64GB)

>Budget
Cheapest possible, ideally

>If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

You didn't even bother to read the first post or give us a budget and now your'e complaning. lmao go eat shit.

Redmi note 4 Global
Zuk Z2 Pro
Mi5s
Moto G5+

Depends on your size preferance.

lg g5 from ebay.

Ideally whatever is lightest and cheapest. I don't care too much about size as long as it is not going to be uncomfortable or look dumb in a pocket.

Well it is their flagship phone so it'd be weird if they didn't release a new one sometime this year

ZUK Z2 Pro 6gb/128gb version is $245 / 218€ with the coupon 7zukz2pro

banggood.com/Lenovo-ZUK-Z2-Pro-5_2-inch-6GB-RAM-128GB-ROM-Snapdragon-820-2_15GHz-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1050713.html

I left out budget oh god no... You're cum drinking little faggot

The Mi5s and Zuk Z2/Z2 Pro are quite light and comfy.

You can also look at Honor 8 or P10 lite.

What SAR Values does the xiaomi mi5s have?

BEST CUSTOM ROM FOR HTC ONE M9 RIGHT NOW

sadly no MIUI, but I was looking at Lineage OS, seems pretty solid

any insight would be appreciated.

>Redmi note 4 Global
Am I looking at the right thing? I see neither USB-C nor NFC which were my two main things.

>Zuk Z2 Pro
No NFC.

>Mi5s
Mite b cool.

>Moto G5+
No USB-C

That is a nice price for all that RAM and storage but it doesn't have NFC and the Mi5s does.

I am seeing Mi5, Mi5s and Mi5s Plus. I can see that the plus is the phablet version but what is the main difference between the Mi5 and Mi5s? The s just seems slightly larger, heavier and more expensive.

Need something under 150 us, straight talk, at least ,5 inch screen, no other preferences

>Country
Australia
>Wanted features
Looking for decent phone with flagship-like specs, doesn't have to be a chink phone
Own a lot of offline music and play Pokemon Go.
>Budget
$500ish

Been looking at the OP3T/Mi5 but have heard about GPS issues with the Mi5 which would interfere with PoGo

Why would WANT to install MIUI?

Moto E4

Mi5s and Honor 8 have NFC and Type-C.

>main difference between the Mi5 and Mi5s
Slightly faster SoC and bigger battery. also, a working GPS unit as opposed to the Mi5.
no OIS though.

OP3T>Axon 7>>Zuk Z2 Pro>Mi5s.

Mi6

What phone should I get if my only requirements are a removable micro-SD card, replaceable battery, and good Lineage and other FOSS OS support?

If only lineage had some sort of wiki that lasted their supported devices. I guess we'll never know

Moto G4 Play / Moto G5

>removable SD-card
>removable battery
does the shitty page have those too?

Which one wins out out of the Mi6 and OP3T?

The Note 4 is quite bigger than the 4
You're confusing the Redmi 4 series (4X, 4, 4 Prime) with the Redmi Note 4 series (Note 4 (Mediatek) and Note 4 (Snapdragon))
The Note series have a much bigger battery than the other ones since they're somewhat bigger

OP3T unless your'e a benchmark fag.

MiUI is a junky POS, and the Mi6 has no 3.5mm as well.

HTC U11, Oneplus 5, LG G6, or other?

I currently have a G4 and love it but it is starting to show its age and I am due for an upgrade.

I am in the US and have ATT if that matters.

Mi6 has better performance, camera and battery life, OP3T has better software (though he Mi6 will eventually get custom ROMs developed for it)

Wrong

Redmi 4, 4X and 4 Prime are all 4100mah. Redmi Note 4 is also 4100mah.

Does buying a used iphone 6 makes sense over the chinkphones like the Redmi 4 or P8 Lite etc?

What chinkphone do I get: Axon 7, Huawei P10, or Mate 9 if I like music and custom ROMs

where the fuck do i find a CLEAN n91(preferably an 8gig) for non kikey prices?
link related
m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Never-used-Nokia-N-Series-N91-4GB-Gray-chrome-Unlocked-Smartphone-/222331046293?hash=item33c3f68995:g:AuUAAOSwcUBYPud-&_trkparms=pageci%3A5c63d5f4-68b7-11e7-a197-74dbd1807c8e%7Cparentrq%3A4214b4f515d0a9c108d1be98ffe9be4f%7Ciid%3A25

is there any website that i can check out that isn't ebay?
can't find any locally

>iShit
>over anything
kys.

>if I like music
Axon 7 by far.

Think i'll go with the OP3T no 3.5mm is kind of a killer for me.
Thanks guys

They say that HTC U11 is very, very good

>OP3
>stock ROM

Phone doesn't do status bar notifications anymore for several apps
- big ones including Google Keep / Todoist

>tried tuning off Doze, allowing apps to override the notifications, allowing permissions, etc.

How to fix?

Just flash another the ROM or factory reset already, you have been posting this for weeks.

I bought a note 5,
Then a S7
And now a S8+

It's an amazing phone desu senpai. I'm a consumerist whore and you can't stop me.

Hey /spg/, help me out here.

I spend a lot of time in the sun and my phone's visibility under the sun is shit, is there a phone with good under the sun visibility?

Thanks

>pixel 2

It's like they want this fail or something. Why let LG anywhere near this?

No, but a 6s would.
unfortunately the iPhone is so good and so loved that that 3yo phone caannot be found for under 300$ even in its 16gb version

I got an LG G6 and for the life of me, I cannot get my Fiio E17K to work with it. Tried numbers of cables and all it does is keep detecting it as a Power Supply. Switching to midi forces it back to power supply. Anyone got issues with the G6 and a portable amp?

op3t is okay, apparently there's been some hardware fuckups on the op5 and they're not handling it well.

Just get a $20 case and a $30 battery and then you don't need to worry about battery life

Good goy

Well im buying it for connection not battery life. Didnt know shit about frequencies back when i bought my op1 two years ago, so now im stuck with china or asia model in middle of europe. Do you happen to know if any sellers ship to sweden, i couldnt find any

Redmi Note 4 Global, don't spend more than you need
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-3gb-32gb

>Country
USA
>Carrier
Pageplus (Verizon based)
>Wanted Features
5.2"or less screen, 32GB storage, microSD would be nice but not necessary, decent camera, 2+GB RAM
>Budget
$400 or less, used or new

RR looks interesting, might give that a shot. Had CyanogenMod on an S3 that worked well though

>Country
Yuropoor
>Wanted features
1080p screen, no edge screen bullshit, preferably no fingerprint sensor, decent camera, headphone jack
>Budget
$300ish

How do I install apps on my phone to the MicroSD instead of internal memory? I'm all out of memory on my shitty budget phone.

hwawei p8lite 2017 refresh @170-190€

Moto G5 Plus, it works with Verizon so I guess it'd with your carrier too

Sony XA1

he asked for a removable battery you literal fag

>no ac wifi
I didn't mention it because I thought it was the standard now, but I checked out this and a few other budget phones and none of them have it. Should I give up on this in the sub $300 price range?
This looks sweet but
>720p screen

720p is more than enough on a 5" screen.

Who here is running LineageOS

I have some phones with lineage support but not usable as a DD...

>hey guise can you recommend me a 1080p smartphone?
>here's this 720p smartphone
>b-but I wanted a 1080p one
>no you didn't stupid goy, you don't need a 1080p screen

bq aquaris x5 plus / x / x pro

>stupid goy, you don't need a 1080p screen
Well, yeah.

>not owning a beautiful 2k screen on your 5.5"+ phone

although you are mostly out of luck if you want a phone without a fingerprint scanner desu. They are also available on 200 bucks phones. If you really want to avoid it then you probably have to buy a flagship from 2015 or 2016.

QUICK
What phones are the best music players?

HTC 10, LG V20 and Axon 7.

Well the discussion was about 5" screens

How bad is redmeme's audio output compared to those meme phones with dedicated DAC?

What's the best FM Radio app?