Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NoelgG8JoyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=X99L9PL1Phk
youtube.com/watch?v=NoelgG8JoyQ&feature=youtu.be&t=451
youtu.be/hjWSRTYV8e0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's not glue.

I wonder for how long did everyone at AMD's headquarters laugh after seeing the slides.

אוי ואבוי

>7:30
Delid This!

Honestly Intel shot themselves in the foot with that line because all the Kaby Lake X chips are literally glued to another chip just to fit the LGA 2066 socket.

youtube.com/watch?v=X99L9PL1Phk

and don't forget that Kaby Lake X doesn't have an iGPU so you can't watch 4K netflix on your Windows 10 computer KEK

and also that you can't use QuickSync to stream or encode video

Wait did AMD DELET their video about IF?
The fug.

>What did Intel mean by this?
So you can't overclock it to 5GHz and boast about 500FPS in CSGO @ 480p. You need to buy the Delid Dis Edition if you want that feature, Goy.

youtube.com/watch?v=NoelgG8JoyQ&feature=youtu.be&t=451

Recorded a month ago. Intel were taking notes for their BS slides!

The BS slides are from June.
AMD knew about them.
Probably.
I can imagine the laughter AMD server dudes had after seeing that.

I-is that some kind of a-adapter?

No, the PCB is a sandwich.

It's not fair AMD uses glued processors, why do they fight dirty and not use one big silicon, it's not fair

Loving Intel's new mascot. Maybe he and Amada can get along.

>I- it's not fair! Why can't AMD meet some arbitrary rule we made up?!

Why did AMD hide the video about IF from youtube?
Anyway IF is totally glorious.

It's there

>500FPS @480P in CSGO
I think you're underestimating how ridiculously optimized Source is. I have an RX470 and i3 6100 overclocked to 4.6GHz and it runs most maps at around 300FPS at 1680×1050.

Not that one.
The other one.
Try to find it.

you mean אוי ויי

אוי ואבוי is more like "oh my"

It's the secret sauce. They are keeping it VERY under wraps.

Probably some editing, though I admit I haven't watched the Gerry Talbot one yet.

>Hahaha fucking AMD those retards they actually used infinity fabric to glue their CPU's together. Even their heat spreader is glued to the chip with solder hahahaha

>Oy Vey! Ishmael we will need to glue these two PCB's together. Be sure to use elmers, and don't forget the mayo insulation material, we aren't made of shekels here.

זה עוד שואה

AHHHHHHHAHHHHH IM MELTING MELTIIIING MY MARGINS AR MELTIIIIIING

I sincerely hope Vega is not another R300.
That would be too much win for one year.

R300? Wasn't that HD3000? That was shit.

That was R650.
R300 was 9700pro and some other soul crushing (for JHH) cards.

If Vega has some hardware issues, I think we're looking at a r600>r700 situation, r700 came like half a year after the r600 abortion and it was fantastic.

No, the tapeout was soooo long ago they had the time to do a base layer respin.
The precedent is the same as R300.
R200 was uncompetetive, so they canned R250 and conceded high-end market to nVidia.
And the rest is history.

Lol, even Crysis or BF3 runs at higher fps than CS GO

Source is ancient.

You're not funny.

Oh yes he is!

>s-stop laughing goyim

There was some shithead on here that spammed a benchmark showing an i7-7700K getting 500 FPS in CS:GO while Ryzen got a meager 350, over and over, for months, all while claiming "poozen" was garbage because it couldn't do this.

>I have an RX470 and i3 6100
Me too, awesome budget build.
I can even get like 120 fps in Doom 4 at 1920x1080, ultra settings.

AMD probably didn't laugh at the Intel slides.
They were probably surprised to see how low Intel had to go to shitpost against ryzen.

The glued together comment is amusing because AMD said the same thing of Intel way back in the day when AMD had a true dual core CPU and Intel was sticking two dies on the same package with the Pentium Extreme Edition / Pentium D.

It was simply two dies "glued together" that required hopping through FSB.
EPYC or TR (just like Magny-Cours/Interlagos) actually leverage strenghs of MCMs aka the ability to put fuckton of silicon without the yields tanking into oblivion.

something ive wanted to ask one of you gamers for a long time, does a really high fps like that make a difference when youre playing? i occasinally play a couple rounds of csgo too when im bored, and my rig can run it at about 70 fps. it looks good and i have nothing to complain about, but i wonder, does going higher than that really make it a nicer experience? or is it just something you can boast about on Sup Forums

It's smoother for sure, but I doubt you would notice much above 120Hz. I usually just turn v-sync off to avoid the tearing.

It really only matters if the refresh rate of the monitor can meet the fps of the game. If you're getting 300FPS on a 60hz monitor it's gonna do jack shit for anybody. Basically it's just numbers for people to measure their dicks with.

>I usually just turn v-sync off to avoid the tearing.

You mean turn on v-sync?

>vsync off to avoid the tearing
Isn't the whole point of vsync to remove/reduce screen tearing?

Oops. My mistake.

Made from horses. How can you support a company that makes CPUs out of horses?

Some games benefit from 144hz rates.
frostbite Games, shit the beed after 60fps. Latency increases quite a lot due to the engine being designed for 60fps consoles.

I'm kinda over the 144hz meme,
I was an early adopter.
4k > 144hz

>made from horses

The future is glue.
Huge 3D chips with copper heatpipes between the slices to cool down the thing, uising fast interconnects to have trillions over trillions of transistors working in tandem.

kek

horsepower

d'ohohohohohoho

I was just thinking the other day about having cooling essentially designed and built right into the silicon. I imagine once they shrink the dies any further, cooling such a dense chip will be harder, never mind if they start making true "3D" stacked chips. Heatpipes in and through the die to try and cool the son of a birch sounds neat, wonder how far along that RnD is.

Even going from 300fps to 400fps is a noticeable difference thanks to the lower input latency.

It definitely isn't. It barely runs on multicore processors due to stuttering and overall bottlenecking.
Even i7 3770K + R9 280x can't run de_nuke smoothly.

No, it's only good for estimating how much further you can push the graphics options without falling below the refresh rate threshold. It introduces screen tearing and shortens your GPU's lifespan.
People who play at well above their refresh rates are morons because they could be downsampling a higher resolution, for instance.

Only happens in garbage source engine games. Which is an engine from 2005.

youtu.be/hjWSRTYV8e0

Again, only matters for source engine. CS:GO uses source engine.

I literally cannot notice any difference in smoothness and input lag when playing DOOM at 60 w/ vsync or 150 without. I do however notice extreme screen tearing. Doubling your GPU load to supposedly reduce your input lag by 8 ms, you got to be retarded.

If you're playing a casual game 60 is fine, in a game like CS:GO with tryhard autists at every corner, a reduce in input lag every frame is very noticeable to an experienced player

So bacically the only instance you need fps above your refresh rate is when you're playing competitive online FPS. What a worthless video.

Having a more enjoyable, more responsive feeling experience in anything is better imo, but to each their own.

>is when you're playing CS:GO
Fixed.

>trying hard at a game that requires you to try hard to become good is a bad thing

It's not a bad thing, but there's way too many high functioning high schoolers thinking they're gonna become a pro eSports player and play videogames for a living that playing anything with a sizeable competitive scene is basically impossible to enjoy for more casual competitive playing.

>casual competitive playing
cognitive dissonance.

Anyway... You're basically sayign the game is too hard for you because there are players that are better than you?

I was more so trying to say that regardless of whatever esports/competitive game you play, someones attitudes will change for the worse when you start to lose or things don't go their way when they're trying too hard to win as opposed to a more casual player who doesn't mind losing (But will still try to win)

Admittedly, I hate losing, and it directly affects my mood. After 2500 hours it has made me highly strung as a player, i have quit playing since then as a result. My goal was never to make a living of it though, i just played in my free time and i wanted to become good.

But to say the game is not enjoyable just because you are not good makes no sense, as the average rank in this game is like gold nova 2-3, and that is absolute bottom of shit barrel garbage. And even if that is too hard, you could always just play casual. Or just get better with practice... like everyone else...

Fuck off dumb frogposter.

Csgo is not source retard, it's orange source

Stutter posters should be shot.

Source is has roots older than 2005.
Source was a fork of the Quake engine.