/PMP/ Portable Media Players

Personal/portable music player thread /pmp/

What up /pmp/'s, so we've been having these threads for a while now and I noticed some of you prefer it to be called /dap/ since it's more of a catch-all. Is a vote on this needed or are you guys okay with the name as is?

Useful Guide(s)
• The General /pmp/ Guide has been updated again, thanks to your efforts → spit.mixtape.moe/view/fefcb363
• Converting an iPod video 5G/5.5G to a rockboxed player with an msata SSD and a 3000 mAh battery nullvoid.station.moe/Freedom-Hardware/Video5G-Rockbox/
• Third party battery guide
iflash.xyz/3rd-party-extended-battery-guide/Guide for iPod 6G/7G needs adding/making
• Rockbox 3.14 released, significant battery increase compared to 3.13. The battery increase was from the cpu scaling patches, which has been available on dev builds for a (long) while.
• Reminder to use Rockbox DEV builds when available.
• Use the SonyNWDestTool to remove the volume limiter/warnings on most of the Walkman series
rockbox.org/wiki/SonyNWDestTool
• Please keep taking nice pics of your /pmp/'s so that they can be used as OP pics, I'm going through them in order of posting so yours will come up eventually.

News
•user needs help with his purchase •Another user doesn't know what Rockbox' Database is for •user rediscovers the joy of using a PMP over a phone, but he still lacks hardware controls •IMPORTANT! user remember us what's the correct CF to SD card for modding iPods •Anln complains about all the eBay iPod vultures •Nice blog post there user! Previous thread

Oh no!

I'd like to spend $100-300 on a decent dap. Long battery life would be nice. If you guys can recommend a dap/amp setup.

Sony A35 if you don't care too much for sound quality.
If you're willing to go used, there might be more choices available.

4th for /dap/: Dedicated Audio Players

I prefer DAP too, to be honest

Also, what's a good DAP for ~50 bucks?

/dap/

>Long battery life would be nice
Plenue D

Well, next thread will be /DAP/ i think
Also, there's a way to use my rockboxed 5.5 as an USB DAC?
I can see only it can be used as a keyboard in the options

I think there's USB audio 1.0 support.

Just got my Ruizu X02. It's exactly what I expected for $15. I'm happy with it.

Don't have a microSD card yet, so just using the 8G internal storage for now.

Still waiting for KZ ZS3s.

Yeah, but it seems not working since the dev isn't working on it anymore

Meanwhile, I'm going to build a microUSB to 30 pin to keep in my earphones case along with a short USB cable

Thanks for the idea, Interesting in buying that now as something cheap for bike rides and shit.

I use an old 32gb phone with a 64gb SD card and an extended 6000 battery

works bretty good

It seems that threads with iPods in the OP are dead.

bump

Fiio is getting rid of the clicky hardware scrolling wheel and replacing it with some touch imaginary wheel shit
Any players that still have this feature?
It's probably my favorite thing about my Fiio X3ii and why I keep using it despite the absolute cancer that is the OS

Also, anyone knows why you would need two dacs? is it for the new balanced output that nobody will use anyways?

What's the cheapest shit I could get Rockbox'd?

One for each channel

Probably an ipod mini 1/2g or a 4th gen classic. Around $40 including a new battery. Doubleish that if you want to mod out the old hdd.

Waiting for mine.

I'm also waiting for the release of the Walnut V3.

Then I'll have a beater and something with more sound quality.

I think to offload the work between left and right channel or things like those

Just use your phone lol

any good cases I can get for xduoo x3?

I'm going to order a Benjie T6 (Agptek Rocker) the second I hear about a dev build of Rockbox for it. The hardware supports it, but nothing ready yet.

should i cop one of these bad boys? its 99p + free shipping from china.

or should i spend more and get this for 1.39? this one comes with a usb cable to charge/transfer, but it isn't cat-shaped

pump me daddy

I'd suggest to cop one with the shitty OLED screen for ~2$
Trust me, those screenless ones are a pain in the arse to use, even for something as simple as playing a specific track

Boomp

The cat is gross
Flower square is cute!

Is something called a Clip Sport good?

Friendly reminder that this Cowon has a large HHD inside, can use Rockbox (can play doom) and costs next to nothing.

All Flash based MP4s are overpriced garbage.

But that's not a Cowon you piece of shite

I got a Fiio X3 stacked with an A3. does anybody have recommendations for a good case? even just like a microfiber bag.

Yes it is you uneducated child.

No shit, I thought it was an offbrand chink dap
My apologies

>yes it is you dap
missed opportunity

Just got a Ruizu x26. Everytime I turn it off and back on again I have to re search my card folder for songs. anyway I can get them to stay?