Traveling in America for first time

>traveling in America for first time
>eat dinner at Bennigans near the place I'm staying
>During the course of dinner, three different people come up and ask me if everything is OK and if I need anything
Leave me alone when I eat you americunts. Stop bothering me every 5 minutes fucking hell

Other urls found in this thread:

economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2015/10/keep-your-change
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yeah it's a shitty trend in chain restaurants. Half the time they keep doing that to get a bigger tip

When you're in my country, you do things the way we do them.

did you tip?

I hope you remembered to tip. If anyone has a birthday you have to clap after they are done singing.

where are you from

Like i would tip them anyway haha faggots.

Remember to tip. I hear it's not really a thing in Europe, but it's important here and not tipping is considered quite rude. And not tipping is really shitty since the wait staff lives off those tips -- if a place has tipping then usually the manager can legally pay them less than minimum wage with the understanding that their tips will make up for it.

If you don't/didn't tip then they will spit in your food if you go there again and they recognize you.

I went to a restaurant in NYC once and the waitress woman actually calculated what a 20% tip was on our bill and wrote it in pen under the actual amount. I found that to be incredibly rude and ended up giving her nothing. As if I'm not allowed to make up my own mind about how good the service was (it wasn't good). Is this a common practice?

Do you have big, luscious breasts?

no

>Is this a common practice?

Foreigners feeling entitled to get butthurt over minor cultural differences while abroad?

No, its pretty standard.

Dunno, writing it on the tip thing for you? That's a bit reaching. I do see a printed tip percentage on receipts sometimes and I think that is fair.

I tip 10% for average service, 15% for above average and 20% if it's exceptional (hasn't happened yet)

It was NYC though. Being blunt and obnoxious is pretty much their culture.

I'm from the midwest and our culture is to not let anything bother us, so I honestly wouldn't give a fuck and just appreciate the fact that I wouldn't have to do any math.
If she wasn't a good waitress I would just give her less than the amount she wrote down.
I definitely wouldn't get upset about it or waste brain cells remembering it as an anecdote for the rest of my life.

No, some restaurants will have a couple tip levels calculated automatically at the bottom of the bill but she probably noticed you were a eurofag and needed to remind you that tips are a thing.

deep purple

Of course, NYC is it's own thing. I can totally see that happening there.

economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2015/10/keep-your-change fuck your tip

she probably gets dumb foreigners in there all the time and they never tip because they're idiots, so she started writing it on the ticket to remind them of what the proper thing to do in this country is, and ended up screwing herself over by not realizing that dumb foreigners were going to get offended by something as basic to us as wiping your ass with toilet paper instead of your hand.

I don't know where the 20% tip rule came from. I was taught that it was 10 or 15%.

NYC is expensive

It's dumb.

In small places out side of cities you have people at work for 3 hours who don't make jack shit because the restaurant is only busy during lunch.

Would love to pay a bit more and ditch tipping.

OK, but the value of the tip scales with the price if the meal. If it's more expensive the same tip percentage results in a higher tip amount.

That's normal if it's 7 people or more

Tipping is stupid, it's just a legal loophole for employers so they don't have to pay minimum wage (which is typically, around $8, depending on your state). I'd much rather prefer a 12.5% service charge instead of waiters hounding you all the time for a bigger tip.

>tfw never have to tip in Denmark

NYC is REALLY expensive

on the inverse, you can get away with tipping 5%, or just a few bucks, regardless of the meal price, in poorer areas with a lower cost of living.

yeah, id much rather live in a not stupid country too.. but you deal with what you have in reality when everyone keeps voting in jackasses who aren't going to change any laws.

They aren't working for me but for the owner of the restaurant. I'm the customer so i pay for the food i buy... Imo, they can't Force you to tip. And the tip should Be on the bill (for taxes) (i hope you understand me)

I'm sure that will be one of the many odes sung in remembrance of that great lost land.

Will the waiters turn hostile if I just give them my spare change?

There were only two of us.

That's another part of the problem, isn't it? Imagine working your ass off to please a big table full of difficult people and they leave without a tip.

They are not obligated, so why should they?

>believing in global warming

I go to a restaurant to eat, not to pay staff's wages. No one is entitled for "little extra" for literally just doing their job.

>Live in tourist city
>never had to tip
>suddenly influx of american tourists
>they tip everyone
>restaurants and bars get used to it and start demanding tips
>have to start giving tips
Wtf why does america ruin everything?

I know the feel with tourists :'(
what city?

Who cares?
You're already getting out of there.

Paraty,a small city close to Rio de janeiro

This. Don't try to defend a retarded thing and accept that your politicians are idiots.

But it's their job to please me (i don't know if is the proper way to say this). I really don't know how do they work in American restaurants, it's my choise to leave a tip or not and they shouldn't expect tip like something i must to do (i'm talking about tips under the table like some user said the waitress wrote to tip on the bill) that's rude

The ironic thing is it seems rich people tip less than mid/upper poor class people do. I worked at both a franchise chain and a more upscale place and I got way less in tips from the second place. Base pay was basically the same too

nice I've been to Cabo Frio and Ubatuba

Deal with it cunt

>not tipping 100%
What an uncivilized hillbilly do you have any manners?

The tipping shit culture won't ever stop unless we all stop tipping and force their employers to actually pay them a normal wage.

Not normal at all. I always tip, but if some asshole did that I wouldn't give them a fucking dime.

Those are nice little tows ,I hope the tiping culture hasnt reached them yet

Have you ever spit in their foods?

>Stop bothering me every 5 minutes fucking hell
This is so fucking annoying. The more you pay for the food, the less peace you have while eating.

You fucking asked me if it tastes good 5 minutes ago, it's still the same food I'm eating.

This makes atlantropa seem like a good idea again.
Also damming the baltic might be possible.

>mfw the only countries against tipping are poor as fuck third world countries

>evropa consists of poor as fuck third world countries

I'm all for tipping but to shouldn't be granted. If the service was good I'll give a tip of the sum I want.
If waiters aren't paid enough then they should ask for a pay rise, not for me to pay them.

Do you like doing something against your will?

This

no, it's hard to when all the people working in the kitchen and the back are nice and friendly you don't want to do anything to upset that

I like it when they ask if I'm doing alright every 5 minutes. Sometimes if I go into a diner at 4 in the morning and it's really empty I'll even ask my server to sit with me while I eat.

Human interaction is nice.

You don't tip, they don't pay their bills.
It's a shit system really.

This, sometimes I do want them to get something and it's nice for them to come over and ask me instead of trying to flag them down.