You always hear that Windows' codebase is a complete mess. Is that the same for Apple's operating systems?

You always hear that Windows' codebase is a complete mess. Is that the same for Apple's operating systems?

brainlet spewing bullshit he doesn't know anything about.

retard who can't even install Debian is spewing some other bullshit about the file system... as if it matters. APFS is better than any Loonix FS anyway.

>this is what mactoddler brainlets actually believe

Your telling me the linux codebase is any better?

>muh codebase

What does this even mean you fucking faggots

>windows has superior programs, more functionality and better value

>but m-muh codebase!

>these are the people that made osx

> I CAN'T AFFORD THESE HIGH-END APPLE LAPTOPS AND IMACS
> I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED ONE AT THE STORE LET ALONE USED ONE
> I'M SEVERELY DEPRESSED AND MAD AT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS
> I'M OUT OF MY AUTISM PILLS TODAY BECAUSE MY ANXIETIES ARE PREVENTING ME FROM LEAVING MY MOM'S BASEMENT
> I'M NOW SHIFTING ALL THE HATE TOWARDS THINGS I CANNOT HAVE
> I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ON AUTISM Sup ForumsENERAL FORUM ABOUT IT SO I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE MY LIFE IS
> I KEEP ON POSTING BULLSHIT MEMES BECAUSE IT'S ALL I CAN DO. JUST LOOK AT THE ARCHIVE AND MD5 OF MY POSTS TO SEE THE LEVEL OF MY ILLNESS
> PS: SOMEONE PLS KILL ME BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO DO IT MYSELF
> PPS: PLEASE! MY FAMILY IS SICK OF ME AND WANTS ME GONE. JUST HELP ME END IT ALL
the posts

>You always hear that Windows' codebase is a complete mess.
I don't know why, it's probably one of the nicer OS codebases to work with as long as you have the actual license to work on it. They take documentation and coding standards very seriously in their OS. When portions of Windows source code were leaked I recall most people were pretty surprised at the quality. I think it mostly comes from the self-perpetuating myth that the only reason the source code isn't public is because it must be bad, which makes other people feel better about not having access.

>When portions of Windows source code were leaked I recall most people were pretty surprised at the quality.
Quite the opposite frankly, no clue how could someone develop rose tinted glasses for it.

>literally cherry picking individual fuckups in an attempt to hide the biggest fuckup that is the entire Windows OS
nice try pajeet

why are you so butthurt?

Okay, if you say so.

Worth mentioning that the use of a case insensitive file system is to retain support for old Carbon apps ported from Mac OS 9. iOS used case sensitive HFS and now uses APFS which is case sensitive. macOS High Sierra uses APFS as well.

As bad as many of these decisions may seem on the face of it, in most cases there’s genuinely some strong technical justifications behind them.

I couldn't screenshot a better example of projection.

>HFS 2.0

They replaced it and not only that, they replaced it on millions of devices simultaneously without problems. I think that's pretty impressive