Should Scotland leave the UK to preserve its EU membership???

Would it be worth it ????

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/scottish-independence-has-nearly-60-per-cent-support-poll-finds/

rt.com/shows/sophieco/348523-scotland-independence-vote-salmond/

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36643387

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-eu-referendum-racism-racial-abuse-hate-crime-polish-latest-leave-immigration-a7105746.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes

if they evebn get let in, and still possibly not.

I thought Spain promised never to let them in because it would encourage their secessionists

Scotland should leave this planet desu

with your banks leaving the country their oilfields are all you have left.

I've heard Spain just doesn't like illegal separatists. They have no problem with the legal kind.

Yeah I though that as well. Possibly they might allow Scotland to join as it would be a middle finger up to England. If the United Kingdom broke apart it would increase the chances of Spain getting control of Gibraltar, which might change their minds.

Especially as the administration in Gibraltar has apparently already begun discussions with Scotland about working together to both stay in the EU.

Yes

Most of the banks and big businesses are planning to move to paris, dublin etc. If Scotland became independent in the EU. Many could relocate to Scotland.

Yeah I saw that on the news tonight. The UK is finished, Scotland should break away as soon as possible.

Spain said that it wouldn't allow any state that broke off from an EU country to rejoin. Once the UK leaves that technically doesn't apply. We will have to see how stubborn the Spanish are.

It's certainly not in Scotland's interest. Oil revenues are rapidly falling. In addition if you compare Scottish exports to England with Scottish exports to the EU, England outnumbers EU by a huge margin.

With that said if Britain can't manage to forge a stronger, lasting British identity among the Scottish then it may be inevitable that they eventually leave.

We already voted against our independence again and we'll do it again.

At this point they should leave so they dont get confused with british

Apparently most people who consider themselves 'British' voted to remain. Most of those who considered themselves 'English' voted to leave.

Maybe it's not so much Scotland leaving the union as cutting England adrift.

Are you guys joining?

YOU HAVE TO GO!

there are many slavs living in Spain as well....

I hope so. The Scottish government is planning another independence vote, polls are now showing majority would back Scotland being independent inside the EU. We could join within a few years.

There are over 300mln slavs. We are the largest european genetic pool.

Slavs arent a real problem here. Meh, the only weird thing is to look our chuches full of poles. kek.

Scotland won't have another referendum

Poles in England are now being attacked and being told to go home. I have never understood the English they are always fervently anti-European but are European themselves.

independent.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-eu-referendum-racism-racial-abuse-hate-crime-polish-latest-leave-immigration-a7105746.html

Why polls now showing a majority supports it. The SNP couldn't of been given a better opportunity. To go for another second referendum.

didnt dave cameron say that the one he gave them would be the final one?

Yup

I am glad that you decided to join us, we can have our own EU. But first you must recolor that map, you got the colors wrong.

Yeah, but if the Scottish government demanded one and the majority of Scots supported another referendum, London would be powerless to stop us getting independence.

Why wouldn't they be angry at a people who come here to leech and drive our wages down in the process?

Not an argument

there will be no referendum

FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH
2-1 FAGGOTS
GUÐ BLESSI ÍSLAND!

>ruining a several hundred year old union just because you're angry you lost a vote

Colors are showing which parts of the UK voted to remain or leave European Union during referendum. All of Scotland voted to stay which it is yellow.

Spain could benefit from our exit. A divided UK will make Gibraltar more likely to fall in to their hands. There is also the fact that the EU wants to punish the UK, so tearing us in half is appealing to them. This could mean that they advise Spain to withhold their veto.

No they gave no economy to support themselves with. All hopes for Scottish independence died with the oil crash

TWO - ONE
T W O - O N E

FFFRRREEEEDDDDOOOOMMMMM

but also pls help and rule us EU, we're only likkle. Fucking embarrassing. Pull your weight.

it would be an unilateral decision and therefore meaningless according to UN law, therefore London could just say "fuck off" and go with it.

Then again, this is UN law were talking about and Kosovo exists so i guess if the EU wanted to start trouble they would simply roll with it.

But seriously, whats the argument for joining the EU once you left together with Britain? The Banks will go to Frankfurt and Paris, the oil is worthless nowadays, so youre fucked anyways.

Bravo Scotland
Going against your interests over and over again
Great Britain is proud of you :DDDD

I can guarantee you within 3-4 years Scotland will be independent inside the EU. I voted NO to independence in 2014 all my friends did and so did my family. Now almost everybody I know would know support Independence. The Union is over.

No no no no no

Not an argument

There are many companies in the UK that enjoy being in the EU. If Scotland remained in the EU, it's probable that they would move here, meaning our dependency on oil would be quite low. We also manufacture a lot of things for Europe.

Getting revenge for England fucking up the union by fucking it up even more, great idea you bawbag.

Why would they move to Scotland instead of just going to Dublin?

You have no reasoning whats so ever, Do you have any learning difficulties???

I imagine we would offer some kind of incentive in the form of less tax or sommat
I'm not really good with economics but if we made it easier to set up here than in ireland they'd flock to us, right?

you're not keeping our quid. I can say that for certain. Enjoy the shitty euro hahahahaha

How do you plan to survive with no economy and no oil?

COULDN'T OF BEEN
COULDN'T OF BEEN
COULDN'T OF BEEN

just die... I have no words for such people like you

Didn't Iceland consider EU? You were halfway there, then you stopped it after a government change or something? How's the current general sentiment about it?

The shitty Euro you refer to is worth more than the pound hahahaahah

>Ruining a several hundred year old union just because you're angry and wanted to crash your own economy.

A strong selling point of the Better Together campaign was EU membership and the stability of the Currency/Economy.

Now the UK has binned it's member card, burned it's economy, and drilled a hole through all of their coins.

At the current trend, the UK would benefit from giving Scotland the £, if it were to remain/re-join the EU. The Euro would probably be better for Scotland atm, but the population is more comfortable with the £.

They're already in the EU though, it'll take a few years for Scotland to join even if the vote goes through.

There's only so long the Scottish economy can survive on whisky and deep-friend Mars bars.

good lad, chin up mate. Try to keep that British spirit

For fucks sake. This is Sup Forums not a english exam.

DON'T LEAVE US PLEASE

A strong point of the leave campaign was the oil industry and that's gone to shit too, you can't really say it's a stability issue when the instability of oil already fucked it.

>No economy
This is a stale meme. We have a gdp of $233.332 billion per annum.

wow, I guess ignorance is bliss

>doesn't know how to "speak" his mother tongue
>doesn't know how to spell either
you inbred cunt

Would that be able to pay for all the things we take for granted like the NHS and free uni though?

Many businesses would move up to Scotland from England if we became independent within the EU. It would massively boost the Scottish economy.

That's a good point
I, uh
I don't know any more
I know that it's not good either way, I just don't know which is worse
please send help

That's a meme opinion that makes zero sense.

>no economy

better than yours cunt, don;t worry though we're all friends

I know, mate. The joke was not funny, i think.

Even if they did it won't even come close to covering the lost revenue

Blame the Irish, the Hibernian conspiracy strikes again.

In all honesty NO. If we became independent we would have to make massive spending cuts to stop ourselves from going bankrupt.

>Should they leave the UK
After the vote yes
>Should they join the EU
I don't think that will be as easy as you think, but I think they would have good relations with the EU.

But seriously you'd be fucked

Ok hahah. I thought you were joking, but wasn't sure.

Fuck, it's like our very own version of Brexit but worse then.

A quick, uninformed google says that the NHS in Scotland costs £10.8 billion.
Searching for the cost of Tuition just brings me to the SAAS website, so I don't know about that, but so long as it it's less than 220B, should be ok.

Are you stupid?

I used to support the Union. But after what you English have done there is no going back. IT IS OVER.

CAUSE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>As long as the cost of healthcare and free UNI is less than our entire GDP we'll be fine

good idea
DOWN THE CELLIC
UP THE GERS

40% of you cucks voted to leave also, do their opinions not matter?

Leave them and come to us... We love you... Accept the euromonies and share some of your precious oil with us

Only if you let us export haggis to the USA.

They do. That's why we're not stopping them from voting. Might let the EU migrants vote though, since it'll affect them. :)

Would it preserve the membership or would they need to renegotiate new membership?

I imagine it would be the latter. I'm pretty sure Scotland has sort of a shit economy, and without England they're not that valuable of a member. I remember the Scotland NO was partly because they couldn't support themselves financially.

>"WE WANT TO BE PART OF UK BUT WE DON'T WANT ENGLAND TO MAKE DECISIONS FOR US!"
Fucking make up your mind you twats.
Either leave the EU or leave the UK.

England is fucked up. Omagad you lads don't even realize how I'm glad.

Depends, probability is reapplying, of which the only threat is Spain, but they could be talked down by the fact that Gibraltar is would then not so tightly be held.

Our Economy is okay. It's not great, but it's not terrible either. An indy scotland entering the EU will bring business to Scotland, how much I can't say, but there will most certainly be a shift.

Also, with teh state of the UK currency and the looming Global Depression, the Better Together camps arguments have softened greatly.

Scottish people will be severely angry with the SNP in five years time. muh freedom =/= eu membership. muh economy =/= leaving Britain

They would never be able to satisfy EU economic requirements after they take their share of the UK's debt. And post oil crash they will be nothing but a massive burden on the rest of the EU

They want welfare money from both.

NO

I am not sure. I think Scotland would negotiate to stay in the EU while the rest of the UK negotiates to leave,

I so want Scotland in the EU. Please let it happen.. PLEASE

It's ok, i was warned that westerners don't understand humour. Or consider foreigners retarded. Cheers, lad.

>Our Economy is okay. It's not great, but it's not terrible either.

>this delusion

I read in the Mail (lol) that the Commission said we'd have to re-apply, but then the Members came out and said that there were to be no formal or informal discussions until Article 50 is called.

KELTS FREE AGAIN!