Coffee Lake SKUs showing up on stores

>i5-8250U
>Quad-core
>i5
>U
>Quad-core

This wouldn't have happened without Ryzen.

Other urls found in this thread:

cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core i5-8250U @ 1.60GHz&id=3042
notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R7-Bristol-Ridge.178593.0.html
wccftech.com/amd-x86-zen-based-highperformance-apu-detailed-rumored-feature-16-cores-16-gb-hbm-memory-greenland-igpu-ddr4-memory-support/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>HD 620
Probably fake since it would be the first time Intel hasn't released new iGPU name. Unless they just gave up improving their iGPU.

For someone who is still using a 2500K at 4.2ghz, Will coffee lake be the one to upgrade to? or should I just wait for 10nm next year?

I also have a 2500k and I feel like this thing is starting to slow down my gaming, I'm going to hold onto it for a year, personally.

>1.6ghz

Garbage.

It still holds up with most games but now I'm really starting to get bottlenecked with some CPU intensive games that are mostly Unreal Engine 4 games. Squad runs so shit to the point that no matter what graphics settings I change the framerate doesn't even raise or lower.

>1.6 GHz
lmao

quad core bay trail atoms are 1.83GHz

Definitely not. You're buying a new mobo anyway, so either wait for Zen+ or for intel to release a soldered CPU

>1.6ghz quadcore
>might as well use sd835 for better performance/battery life

and they're completely dogshit

your point?

>What is IPC

You need to leave

you need a 80% IPC increase over kaby lake for something running at 1.6GHz to be usable, and we both know that this isn't going to happen

>fake
cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel Core i5-8250U @ 1.60GHz&id=3042

it matches - but there is only one sample.

>1.6ghz quad-core
So this is... the power... of Intel...

>1.6 GHz

He was talking about Bay Trail Atoms which are SIlvermont, you fucking light bulb.

Skylake could operate at half of its frequency and still perform better.

Now a 1.6GHz Quad-Core Skylake chip isn't impressive, but it's still leagues above any Silver-/Airmont Atom.

as in , it has a 15W TDP.

So they reduced the clock speed and doubled the core numbers while still remaining in the same thermal class.

eh, no.... actually, a lot of stores still dont know that U processors are just dual-core/ 4 threads. they usually list it as quad core mobile CPUs instead of 2c/4t cpu.

My brother bought a i7 6700u laptop, it was actually listed in the store as quad core laptop.

>they usually list it as quad core mobile CPUs instead of 2c/4t cpu
Intel (((marketing))) at work.

Goddamn, is that real? I'd tell people to buy AMD just because of this if I were to work in retail.

Not only is it real, it's just something that Intel does every year.

I'm planning to get a job in some PC botique (OriginPC, Maingear etc) next year, and I swear to fucking God I'll recommend getting a Ryzen system to fucking everyone.
By that time all the BIOS and microcode bugs should be fixed.

How well do those places pay, user?

Personally it doesn't really matter, I just enjoy building PCs. But I guess it'd depend on the place.
Maingear or Xidax do higher-end systems and more liquid cooling than others, so I'd imagine they would pay a bit more.

UE4 games run pretty well with mine, but Squad, ARMA, and other early access shit runs terrible. But it runs terrible on most any system.
At 1080@60Hz i don't get bottlenecked at all, still if they release a more polished poozen i might jump ship.

Quadcore model is qm/hq on every intel core i model available on i5 and i7, u is ultralowvoltage or something or dual core model.

>1.6ghz
When will hertzlets ever fucking learn?

This should be the Kaby Lake Refresh on 14nm++. Coffee Lake (CFL-S) will launch on desktop first this Sept/Oct followed by the rest on Feb 2018

>1.6GHz processor
>2.4GHz RAM
I'm no expert on the compooter but wouldn't this limit the effective RAM speed? If the processor can only be fed at 1.6GHz?

Also rumours of Y series going straight to Cannon Lake end of this year. CNL-Y on 10nm

The only thing in '17 is U Kabylake-R which I guess is mobile shit.

You're right, the laptop should run at 4.00 GHz at all times so it's hotter than a oven and gets 5 minutes of battery life.

Retarded frogposter.

It's supposed to be 15% """better""" in SysMark XD

If you're too lazy to go and look up the ark.intel.com info on a CPU then that's on you

ps AMD "Radeon" Graphics APUs only have glorified integrated graphics with absolutely laughable benchmarks

notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R7-Bristol-Ridge.178593.0.html

If you're stupid enough to get a Bristol Ridge when Raven Ridge is coming soon, then that's also on you.

>Defending Intel's scummy marketing tactics
>Comparing old-ass Bulldozer shit
>Thinking Intel's iGPUs have anything on AMD's

Kill yourself, shill.

>Coffee Lake (CFL-S) will launch on desktop first this Sept/Oct
Source?

>it's a brainlets complains about ulv not being clocked high enough episode

wccftech.com/amd-x86-zen-based-highperformance-apu-detailed-rumored-feature-16-cores-16-gb-hbm-memory-greenland-igpu-ddr4-memory-support/

Bristol Ridge benchmarks are unavailable and these "leaks" are some of the most over-hyped bullshit I've ever seen. If you think AMD will deliver on anything close to this crap then you must be underage.

>comparing old ass buldozer shit
>ignoring the fact that this is all AMD has to offer right now and it's pathetic
>convincing grandma to get a leg warmer instead of an actual laptop
>shill
Some people need laptops before they become skeletons waiting for mobile Ryzen you know

when are ryzen plus vega laptops released? they showed that asus like two months ago but still it isn't even in their webpage

>WCCFturd

Fuck off forever, shill. Go recite some Intel marketing slides.

Do you kiss your grandma with that mouth? I wonder if you sleep well at night knowing that you sell geriatrics 2011 tier potatoes.

>wccftech
>okay

The so called high performance APU is for HPC by the way, not your average laptops. You're absolutely right that Ryzen Mobile is taking a bit too long to launch. Unless you absolutely can not wait, paying those prices for Intel's mobile offerings is a bit silly, though.

Finally somebody who didn't call me a shill for not being a brand loyalist

Lol I was so surprised when they mailed me that because my retail edge expired months ago.

.6 GHz
>lmao
Turbo

>ps AMD "Radeon" Graphics APUs only have glorified integrated graphics with absolutely laughable benchmarks
It's funny because Bristol Ridge is basically just a refresh of carizo, with very few modifications. Also, all the benches there show that the only way Intel is doing better is with their insanely expensive and power hungry Iris solution, which is just hilarious.