World's first fully autonomous production car

spectrum.ieee.org/cars-that-think/transportation/self-driving/the-audi-a8-the-worlds-first-production-car-to-achieve-level-3-autonomy

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/06/06/what-we-know-about-reality-winner-the-contractor-accused-of-leaking-an-nsa-document/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

and it doesn't have any sticking out sensors like googlecars or anything

Only criminals drive audis. They'll be glad they can kick back and relax and don't have to worry about driving their getaway car anymore after blowing up an ATM

>only criminals drive audis
on the contrary, criminals and uncultured nouveau riche drive flashy attention whoring mercedes and lexuses

right now you have to pay at least like $90K for this technology but it'll trickle down to their $30K cars too

Level 3 isn't full autonomy

did you miss this?

>the driver does not need to monitor the drive

of course it can't wipe your ass yet

Yeah still not full autonomy

it's not a practical distinction, just a legal formality as this is new technology

i remember when a8s and 7 series were available with stick shifts back in the good old days cloth seats too

Not fully autonomous, but it's a step in the right direction.

So if carjacker stops in the middle of the street will the car stop so it doesn't run anybody over? Without going full Sup Forums you could get the car to analyze the skin colour of the pedestrian to determine if it should stop or not.

>Without going full Sup Forums you could get the car to analyze the skin colour of the pedestrian to determine if it should stop or not.
I think you just went full pol bro

this is a huge deal for millions of people with health issues who can barely drive (and really shouldn't drive but are legally allowed to)

Damn, the sad thing is I wasn't even trying to. If not skin colour then what politically correct way is there to determine if the pedestrian is a carjacker?

Does the car have aliasing like that IRL?

white male waving his hand = car jacker
vibrant person of diverse background waving with a gun = resisting his oppression

I'd MUCH rather have all those old people, women, and all those faggots who still refuse to stop looking at their fucking phones while driving in one of those than actually behind a 2 tonne murder machine.

Full Autonomy is an extremely high barrier to get to. Level 3 is basically 99.9% of driving. The remaining 0.1% is unexpected things like logs in the road, car accidents, being stopped by police, strangely formatted roadworks, stuff like that.

He has a point tho. This will be a hot topic in the future. Media will call it "racial bias in machine learning models" or some shit. Political correctness trained us to ignore these differences, machines don't give a fuck.

I can see people being forced to iron out these differences manually (like reanact a carjaking with people of every race, age, gender) so the machines don't get """biased""" by reality.

DAMN

Got to admit, Audi really makes great looking cars.

Tho Germans in general make very good looking cars.

Don't forget BMWs

>people will soon steal cars remotely.

Neither do the tesla's, and they're only held back by software.

you wouldn't download a car (stealing app)

>Media will call it "racial bias in machine learning models" or some shit.

Good guess!

>have app on android
>chinkshits steal all the cars
>make the cars drive themselves to the harbor
>ship them to china

Call me when it gets to the Jetta audi knockover for poorfags like myself.

>russia cyber attack
>all cars drive themselves into the sea

>russia cyber attack
>leaks show yet again it was the CIA instead

It looks like any other modern vehicle, what do you mean?

(you)'re right, user.

Technically right, which is the best kind of right

it just means Tesla BTFO

hi russian troll

it's deliberate, Audis are built to look low key

it was confirmed, idiot.

>the whole world is as dumb as a russkie babushka watching Kiselyov
just fuck off you stupid troll

>don't read the leaks of american origin
>call everyone a russian
kanker mongool

the leaks that prove that russia even hacked voting machines in mutiple states got a woman arrested

you're so dumb you can't even shill on an anime forum

>every other thread is filled with autistic pol embryos
Summer is the worst.

no, the ones that came before the NSA tools leaked out as well. saying what tools were used and how they tried to leave traces like using "russian" compilers and what not to frame them

so...
this thread has turned into another burger propoganda shillshit fest

>russia hacks burger elections
'murka pride.

That car is going to be 30k, 3 years down the line.

reminder: the more tech goes into cars, the harder the value will fall. like smartphones and laptops and shit.

russkie propaganda is funny

here's a real confirmed leak, Ivan

washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/06/06/what-we-know-about-reality-winner-the-contractor-accused-of-leaking-an-nsa-document/

>(((Washington post)))
how reliable!

why not read the leaks yourself, you baboon

oh the irony

>Washington Post
Top fucking kek

>he ((())) the news reports he doesn't like

wtf I now love russkie propaganda

>samefagging this hard

you must be angry

you bring to the table: someone else's opinion on the leaks
I tell you to read the leaks yourself, but you're too stupid to be able to do that right?

fuck off

I bring to the table the fact that a woman was arrested for leaking an NSA document proving you wrong

but you're not here to argue, you're here to be a little Putler jugend and try to shill for glorious motherland

only on highways under 37mph.

Wake me up when they make a car that can take me from A to B without me having to do anything other than input the destination.

>technology board
>thread about self-driving cars
>most of it is 12 year old polacks bickering
when will gook moot nuke this preteen shithole of a subreddit?

>being this gullible.

>shilling for chekist dictatorship that keeps his people oppressed and impoverished
>calling others gullible

>calls propaganda
>quotes propaganda

top fucking kekest burger logic

wtf do american leaks of NSA and CIA have to do with putin you fucking retard?

> american leaks

lol he still thinks that his shilling can work here

american leaks prove that russia hacked the election