Watercooled 7900x

>Watercooled 7900x
>88 C° at stock

youtube.com/watch?v=b47bxh7iDgE

wew lad

DELID

He was using the MSI X299 GAMING Pro Carbon which is known to have higher results/temps even at "stock". You can tell because he has a Cinebench score higher than normal. Guru3D used the same motherboard and also had higher than normal Cinebench results. This motherboard doesn't limit P-states at default settings and allows the CPU to run as fast as possible with resulting insane temps. Pic related is normal results for the i9-7900X.

>doesn't limit P-states and allows the processor to run as fast as possible
You mean the actual advertised boost clock?

Intel was trying to get motherboard makers to lower it. Because if they don't you get 88c at stock. MSI didn't get the memo.

>pay for a high end processor that will get throttled anyway
kek

>Intel was trying to get motherboard makers to lower it. [WHILE STILL ADVERTISING THE BOOST CLOCKS THAT TURN IT INTO A HOUSEFIRE] Because if they don't you get 88c at stock.

Missed an important point

thanks, the vid is now private and I didn't get to view it

All memes and jokes aside, is there any advantage of buying this new line of Intel CPUs and their x299 platform? I originally thought it would be the number of pcie lanes and quad channel memory that would away customers and have them ignore the shitty CPU performance and furnace levels of heat.

But then Threadripper announced more pcie lanes AND quad channel memory. Is Intel just plodding along regardless because they have no other choice?

They designed these product lines before Zen showed up and caught them completely off guard. That's why everything they're releasing just looks like more shit that would be fine if they still had no real competition to speak of.

You can see the panic moves in the 12-18 cores and suddenly driving clockspeeds/temps into housefire territory. I can guarantee that was a last minute rush change.

Fuck OP, where is the video? No pics or something?

10/10 link lad,

go fuck yourself

>air cooled intel hd graphics
>32°C at stock
Get on my level.

:^)

No

Yes

>they literally delidded the video
sasuga intel

do they put mayo under the heatspreader?

I think it's just glue so it doesn't come loose

Intel caught with their pants down on Zen Launch.
AMD caught with their pants down on 1080ti launch.
>Crank the core clocks.All enthusiasts liquid cool anyways, might as well make it mandatory.

At least Vega has a non-watercooled option this time around.

>Video taken down