Does an FOSS alternative to Uber exist? What other popular software does it need a FOSS alternative?

Does an FOSS alternative to Uber exist? What other popular software does it need a FOSS alternative?

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/uber.html
libretaxi.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's called driving yourself fag

Came to post this

Alternatively
>having friends

>2017
>being a cager
wew lad

Fucking cuck

If you came to my car and start crying about the Uber APP not being FOSS I would drop you into some junkie area and scream this guy is loaded

stallman.org/uber.html

It's called a taxi.

t. internet badass who drives a smart

>"I am so tough I ride a motorcycle and wear a leather jacket"
>throws hissy fit when automobile gets within 3 meters of him
kek

if you're not terribly against about supporting proprietary software and just want to keep your information safe/your phone clean, there appear to be uber API libraries for, quote
>Selecting a service (e.g., uberX, UberBlack, etc.)
>Specifying pickup and dropoff locations
>Viewing time and price estimates
>Requesting a ride
but no mention of registration that I can see, which is understandable.

this would still entail at the very least making an account with the actual app before uninstalling it, and uber will of course know where you are when you need their service and where you're going.
IMO that's more than enough control, if you can get it to actually work. sure the libraries aren't free, but since you have fill control over the calls to them, it's fine.

brb, downloading Uber

>Trump """lost"""
This is freetard logic. Fuck your retarded shit. You dumb faggots are a walking joke, and if you don't figure out that people want quality software instead of political bullshit rammed down their throats you'll be about as successful as HURD is.

you could make your own bias a little less obvious. you don't have to agree with the political parts to see the overall point.

trumplets btfo

no there is no FOSS alternative to camouflaged slavery.

>living in a suburban hellhole that requires a car to go anywhere in a short amount of time
>not living in Groningen, Netherlands, where everything is a 5-minute bike ride away

>be me
>Santiago, Chile
>use my bike in the suburbs
>gets stolen
>use my bike downtown
>hit by a car

Good times.

>an FOSS

fuck you you know exactly what you did

>tfw I cant use any or participate in the use of any automobile because the cars computer isnt foss

Yes: libretaxi.org/

>Does an FOSS alternative to Uber exist?
Friends.

Why the flying fuck would you need to source for the Uber app? It's just a stylized web page.

>"negotiable pricing"
lmao why would anyone want to drive for that shit

holy fucking serious answer, batman.

i did *not* see any of those coming

>you don't have to agree with the political parts to see the overall point
>these people don't agree with my political views and that's why they're bad!
You freecucks are turning more people away with this petty bullshit. Just saying. Go tell stallshit to turn it down a notch or ten.

stallman never will, and normal people who use free software will still be normal.
don't be rude.

All linux fans operate at that level of delusion though. They're only 1% of the market but with all the shitposting online you'd believe they were the only OS on the planet.

>normal people who use free software
Normal people see this shit and nope the fuck out. Stallman dying would be the best thing for freetard software, at least then maybe the tard would be removed and it would just be free software.

>libcucks
you've got a similar problem.
maybe you should stop posting.

>Stallman dying would be the best thing for freetard software
Then we can finally move past all this arbitrary political nonsense.
Also, the autism in the freetard community, especially when it comes to designers, is literally scaring normies away from actually using the software because fags screech about icons needing to look like they're from the 90s.

>cash only

>interlaced gif
why

>ermagerd dromp actually lost and that's why he's the presi-
Yeah.

Isn't that better though?

If you want to take credit card then you need to pay for that integration, which means you will either have to charge more or get less into your pockets.
You could argue about not accepting bitcoin/crypto but apparently that is on the way.

This looks cool as fuck
If only more people would drive for it, it would be a viable option

They need some form of driver incentive...

there's also no insurance - what happens if you use this app and pick up some hoodlum? There's honestly no reason I can see why anyone would want to drive for libretaxi

I don't think the negotiable price is an issue as long as the price is agreed upon beforehand. It's not like you show up at the destination and then start arguing lmao

>insurance
>incentives
>freetard
???

It's literally a third-party chatbot on Telegram.

It seems Bitcoin integration is coming soon

and that is perfectly fine - it doesn't need to be a separate app, and setting it up works fine as a telegram bot

>motorcycle
I ride a bicycle.

Still waiting for a good clone of evernote which doesn't suck. Tempted to just make one myself.

why does it say "the loser"?