RIP IN PEACE MPC-HC. Authors say farewell. Time to switch to mpv!

>v1.7.13, the latest, and probably the last release of our project…

>For quite a few months now, or even years, the number of active developers has been decreasing and has inevitably reached zero. This, unfortunately, means that the project is officially dead and this release would be the last one.

>…Unless some people step up that is.

>So, if someone’s willing to really contribute and has C/C++ experience, let me know on IRC or via e-mail.

>Otherwise, all things come to an end and life goes on. It’s been a nice journey and I’m personally pretty overwhelmed having to write this post.

>Thanks to everyone who has contributed in any way all these years; Remember, MPC-HC is an 11-year old project.

mpc-hc.org/2017/07/16/1.7.13-released-and-farewell/

mpv is better anyway. You retards have to learn how to use it so get started.

>using a player that only supports Winblows
>2017

You had it coming.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Applications-using-mpv
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AOMedia_Video_1
mpv.io/manual/stable/#keyboard-control
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Friendly reminder that MPV is shit.

Let's save MPC. It's too good to die.

MPV is for watching YouTube videos and Twitch livestreams
MPCHC is for deep kinoviewing experience

my prefered media player :*( its not perfect but what is :*(((( could of used more osd fluidity, playlist management options etc but tis good enough

i find myself using mpv a bit now but its a bit gimpy all in all i knows what i likes

>GUI is important to me
>I use software that looks like it was made for windows ME

>you have to learn something to play a video
>2017

Do you know C and C++?
(You).

Good thing I use mpv

Working on the new logo as we speak

Windows ME had a fantastic interface and nu-male "minimalist" material design faggots are a blight upon the industry.

mpv is unsurpassed in quality video playback and customization options.

>Learn something
>Is writing text.
The current state of Sup Forums folks.

>I only use software that is so buggy and shitty that it needs constant updates
>I would never use a stable and proven software, there aren't even any updates for it

>X works perfectly, no real additional features required, so the project closes
>IT IS DEAD, ALL SWITCH TO Y
man, you guys are beyond saving

But mpv is shit.

I've watched tons of great stuff with mpc-hc. Thank you, it was a blast. Goodnight

Too bad it's dogshit without customization. Why the fuck isn't it configured correctly by default? Why the fuck do I have to change so much shit manually?

I'll only care when it stops werking. Then find something that does.

t. Winamp 2.81 user

>anime picture
>mentally challenged
every time

Because it's configured so potatoes can playback without dropping frames.

>Too bad it's dogshit without customization. Why the fuck isn't it configured correctly by default?
examples

Hold your horses, I'm already working on the logo as we speak.

>profile=opengl-hq
so hard

Why am I being forced to switch?

Needs more niggers and penis.

No, but I have art skills.

Needs Yotsuba with a MPC hat somewhere in there.

>C/C++
N-NANI? I'm more of an "ideas-guy" tbqh.

>dey suggest mpv
>tfw don't want to 'customize' the thing i consume entertainment with, just want straightforward features

does it have always on top feature yet?

btw does it snap to video ratio? does the window snap to sides of the screen? can you automatically remove the black borders when taking video stills like you can with mpchc using madvr?

There's a 203 page manual that will answer all of your questions.

I am not glad it's dead but I am glad it's gone.

Yes
But if you dont want to customize it then just use something else so we dont have to here you complain.

But it's not gone.

Finished the GUI.

Some say the classics never go out of style

Okay, I've taken your feedback into account and created a new version.

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/Applications-using-mpv

If only there were multiple GUI frontends.

What are you guys going to do when everything switches to AV1 and MPC-HC can't play it?

>The member companies represent several industries, including browser vendors (Google, Mozilla, Microsoft), content providers (Google, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu) and hardware manufacturers (Intel, AMD, ARM, Nvidia).[5][6]

>Video streaming service YouTube declared intent to transition to the new format as fast as possible, starting with highest resolutions within six months after the finalization of the bitstream format.[11]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AOMedia_Video_1

needs more buttons. its still to hard for me.

Yotsuba needs to look happy and cheerful you dingus

which one has substantial feature-set, like the ones i mentioned, and is not part-abandoned?

Microsoft, Netflix, Amazon, and fucking Cisco are not going to affect one single solitary thing when it comes to the codec my chinese cartoons come in. AV1 is a STREAMING codec, and I do not STREAM.

Understood.

fpbp

Is there any good frontends for mpv yet?

Fucking sweet.

is there even anything critical within mpc-hc that needs fixing? this just means i will have to update lav filters on their own, right

LAV Filters is still being developed, dumbass.

>>using a player that only supports Winblows
>You had it coming.

Yeah because spending your time making a software for a platform that has 2% of the OS marketplace is really a good idea.

MPV just got way more users.

Proceed with the mpv optimization threads ;)

Ok guys. I have download this fucking thing and I like it. It's smooth.

Let's see it do shit that MPC-HC does well. The fuck? How do I download subtitles for the movie I am watching right now? What the fuck. NO MENU? Or I am just dumb? I pressed right-click which paused the video. Alt doesn't work. What do. I just want to see its config.

Help me, anonymouses.

>HD edition
>not 4K edition
What is this, 2015?

There is no GUI. You must recompile it with the correct flags. Read the manual for flags.

>;)

could you remove the shadows on the buttons please? they hurt my eyes. and what's with the wasted black space on the sides? you could fit more buttons there

IINA
mpc-qt is still in early development but looks promising
gnome-mpv

Move the nigger dick closer to Yotsuba's mouth

What in the fucking hell. Fuck GUI. I can't customize it using a config file? Fuck this gayass shit.

I find it funny my computer still uses a software renderer for the web, so what is the fucking point in writing new codecs and containers when my fucking web browser cant use my fucking gpu to avoid the cpud cooler going mad at 720p.

mpc is now saved. thanks, Sup Forums

>read the 205 page flight sim manual to operate your video player

The reason why it's dies is because they refused to update the GUI to something that does not look like shit.

If you check the doom9 forum, over the past few years all users and stray devs have moved over to mpc-be which has always had active group of developers and they made it look nice and has things like youtube support.

Just make a config file at ~/.config/mpv/config

You shouldn't underestimate a BBC's range and firepower.

Rip this was amazing with svp, guess I'll start looking for another player that supports svp. Don't suggest vlc, it can't handle all my anime

MPC-HC BE is still being developed and has an active community.

So, much ado about nothing really.

Fuck off dumb fuck try it for yourself

>try mpv
>can't even change the volume

what the fuck is this hipster shit? fuck you Sup Forums

GUIs are for fucking babies. If you're too lazy to properly configure a media player, you shouldn't be using a PC.

Consider buying an iPad instead. Or a Chromecast.

>what is a volume knob

>he doesn't think mpv deserves winks...

Get out shill. There is a volume icon for cry babies now use it it's on the osc

>have to read a 200 page manual to use MPV

its like i really have autism

This is why linux autists and freetards will never be taken seriously

>neo Sup Forums is too dumb to use mpv
oh I am laffin

>svp
Reconsider your life choices, faggot.

9-0 are volume controls.
mpv.io/manual/stable/#keyboard-control

>friend calls you on Skype
>turn down the volume
>can't hear the call now

Quality software.

What's the difference again?

>t. botnet OS

>t. tinfoil retard

Might as well use it I have a 144hz monitor.

>friend calls you on Skype

mpv is Linux garbage

MPC-HC designed to run efficiently on Windows, on retards will use mpv garbage that doesn't work well at all

>posts on a technology board
>is actually illiterate and retarded

I use MPV and it's great, but who the fuck thought it was a good idea to put something as essential as volume control on something as stupid and 9 and 0. Jesus Christ, even up and down keys seek the video

Sorry. I forgot having friends violates the GPL.

>tinfoil
>when everything is proven true
>there's even hardware level rootkits in your cpu now
Back to kid

>Friends call you
>if you're too retarded to memorize two shortcuts pause the video
>talk with your so called "friends"

runs better than mpc-hc on my hardware
also vulkan is in the works

>might as well use this software that ruins my shit
Yeah dude, I really can't argue with that.

Have fun using abandonware :^) babbyduck

Just go back to where you came from.

B-but is 1337 af a-and it makes me look like a h4x0r. Besides, i-it's not mpv's fault that y-you're so stupid and don't w-want to waste time c-configuring it up. Oh, wait a second...

>read mpv.io/manual/stable/#keyboard-control
>realize the defaults are convenient
>memorize them in a second because you're not a brainlet
Or, if you don't like them, simply rebind. What's the problem, you false-flagging "I use MPV" retard?

defaults are fucking dumb, but its easy to change it to whatever you want it to be.

Proof that it ruins shit? It's nice if you have a high refresh rate monitor.

>Based on mpv, one of the most powerful media player projects ever, IINA supports almost all common media types (even GIF) and stably output high-quality video that optimized for retina screen. MPV's config file and script system are also integrated. Unfortunately, even though the project is open source it's not available on windows as we are retarded and wrote the whole thing in some dumbass apple nigger language.