Do you guys save the boxes on your electronics...

Do you guys save the boxes on your electronics? I feel like a hoarder but I always feel like I'll need them again someday.

Ya, it helps with resale for some reason if you still have the original packaging

I keep them at least until the warranty expires, but in practice I keep all the boxes for organizational purposes in case I need a backup part. I still have space in the basement to keep that shit, but if it ever starts to get unorganized I will throw some shit out.

Just motherboard boxes and GPUs because I usually buy new ones and resell the old ones which is easier to do with the boxes.

You save one box.
For me it was the motherboard box, but you keep all of your papers from the other computer parts in that one box

Yup but only the boxes of expensive shit. Anything less than 200 buckaroos I throw away.

I'm a sucker for packages and boxes. I really don't know why but I enjoy collecting it.

Only things I plan to eventually upgrade and resell, like CPU/GPU

I went all out on my case and PSU and they'll probably stay with me for the next 10 years

It makes resell a lot easier. My fence shits the bed whenever I bring him gear without the original packaging.

I was thinking of doing this as well

I like having the boxes of things I bought
I like to keep any extra information such as warranty and guides in those boxes
It makes it safer to repackage them in their boxes for easy moving or re-selling
I stored all of my PC parts and peripherals in my closet

Yeah I hold onto pretty much all my boxes except case, keyboard, and mouse. Eventually I'll want to resell those parts when it comes time to upgrade and having the box makes it much easier.

Yes and I'm running out of space in my room.

I save for them stuff I know I'll be reselling again years down the line.

Makes shipping and packaging a lot easier when you save it. I don't show it off though - it goes all in the closet.

Yes, in case I sell the shit later.

Yes, I just put it all into the case box.

I like to put old meat in them, and leave them out.
If I didn't accidently destroy them, it's easy to just put the tape back on and make it look unopened.
Then some normalfriend is going to walk by and think
>cool, a new CPU, someone must've dropped it
Surprise faggot, it's a piece of maggot ridden salami, go fuck yourself.

Are those DDR4 for a 1150?

I too keep em but fucking dust gets everywhere, so i just clean them whenever i am selling something.

If it's for something I can resell or was special, yes. Nice to also keep stuff in their original boxes when not in use/out of use.

I like looking at them.

What I don't understand about people who hoard boxes is why they don't unfold them and flatten them. That way, they don't take up so much space.

some of these things have molded cardboard or plastic inside you can't fold up

For expensive/important things yeah, I'll keep the box just incase I need to RMA/resell it, but for something cheap like an AMD CPU that'll be going straight in the trash

I save them because I can't be bothered to remember and track warranty lengths. Everything just sticks around in case I need to file a claim. As I replace parts/machines, I toss the old boxes then.

I have more than enough room in the basement so I have them, even big case boxes. Those are really handy if you need to transport it later. I actually use boxes for storage of other things too, boxes are practical.

Nope, all that shit goes in the trash. I used to save them, then I moved 6 times in the last eight years. Now I'm a minimalist.

Most ya. I always try to resell mine when I'm finished so it helps raise the resale

Absolutely save your boxes, it helps tremendously when re-selling it on fleabay.

I once built a new PC, and selling my 4 year old old CPU, RAM, and Vidja card paid for half the cost of my new rig. People will pay a bit extra cash if you can give them the original box and other crap it came with.

This. I use them to keep the accessories, cables, manual and receipts that they came with, either for my own use or for reselling.

yes i do