There is no better operating system

There is no better operating system.

Other urls found in this thread:

harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /linus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Love me some subsystem for linux running on Win 10. It's fucking perfect.

Wrote a quick python script to take care of messy bits in coordinating a full XFCE environment on one of my monitors.
All very smooth too and performance is native-feel as it should be.

all of those programs except notepad++ in your start menu exist in Linux

why dual boot?

I mean using Linux subsystem, not dual boot

Yeah, the Linux Subsystem works like a charm. I just wish it would support fuse so I could mount folders using ssh.

>docking panel on the right side where the scrollbar is

how can this be practical? are you retarded?

It's not dual boot. That's running all in win 10..not even a VM. I use zsh shell frequently too as it's accessible from windows command line.

I have 3 monitors so I just keep XFCE fullscreen on one of them.

>2 year old OS
>best

I guess if you're a C programmer

It does smart auto hide when needed. It's not 2005. Think a bit more next time.

>t. rust faggot

Agreed. Ubuntu best distro. Xfce best DE.

no, it can't know if you want to scroll or click on an app
you just wait for it to hide like a retard
>hurr I troll you

no, C++ and Java faggot

allow me to post this link for your reading

harmful.cat-v.org/software/c /linus

with KDE still being trash XFCE still reigns supreme

I like KDE except the DE

>not using picrel
are you even trying?
you're not using linux unless you are running what i'm running

why is unity ubuntus default

its bad

that's why

unity is a M$ project

GNOME too

It's great, except that Microsoft still owns your computer.

i'm too autistic to let that happen. some great batch programs out there that disable or remove all kinds of bloat and telemetry. I also only use a white-listed firewall with net-locked VPN. I still watch my packets through wireshark and router, so far so good.

Yes, I prefer Ubuntu Studio for MAO shits but I guess it's the same

If you're using a hardware firewall with a whitelist you're probably OK, though sadly this doesn't help laptop users. Still, you have to be careful, since MS has packaged telemetry reactivation together with important updates.

shit forgot my french, what do you said for computer music prod CMP ?

I'm not dumb enough to allow the auto updates. If you use a laptop you probably could forward packets to a VM with open source routing like pfSense and tunnel through that. Plenty of clever tricks that can be done. Whitelisted firewalls alone will do the heavy lifting.

This.
yeah, no, you're still being screwed by microsoft somehow. There's no way to escape the botnet without 100% free software

You've been shilling for Xubuntu for quite a while now. I'm curious, why is it better than literally any other distro with XFCE4 installed and why should I use it?

Why would you use a distro which is unstable? There is no solution more stable than xubuntu lts

Idk man Debian 9 is pretty fucking stable. Isn't Ubuntu known for being buggy though?

Why install bloatdos 10 in the first place?

My Calculator is also pretty fucking stable, but that doesn't mean it's a modern OS

Debian 9 has newer software than Ubuntu 16.04 right? It's literally more modern??

Debian 9 was also released 14 months after 16.04, so not really a fair comparison.

Debian 9 w/Xfce has had some massive bugs for me but no issues on Xubuntu 16.04.

you can't edit Linux files from Windows. Shlomo

does ubuntu has a newer long term support release? no? then the comparison is fair.

They're on different cycles. The comparison is meaningless because you could make the reverse argument in 2018 in favor of Ubuntu.

The taskbar sound icon is completely fubar'ed for me in Debian 9 w/Xfce on a clean install, yet that issue doesn't exist in Xubuntu.

Is this 2018? no? ...

xubuntu is the best

But wtf you can't claim that Debian isn't modern OS then are you retarded?

I never said Debian wasn't a modern OS...