I miss it so much

Five years ago, I jumped cold turkey in GNU/Linux waters and haven't looked back since. I used an old HP laptop with Arch+i3wm.

Today I wanted to play some good old Diablo 2 on my old man's desktop...... and I almost cried when I turned it on.
I haven't used Windows for so fucking long. I miss it. I miss how comfy everything was on my huge ass CRT screen, I miss the whirling of the tower fan, I miss the clunking of the keyboard. The way I have to use mouse for everything, the way I have to wait a few seconds for every single thing I want to do... It makes me wanna go back. I fucking miss Windows.

I even miss the fucking games.
How do you guys deal with Windows nostalgia? (gnu/lenix users only - winblow fags gtfo)

>I fucking miss Windows.
no you don't

what you miss is being yonger

the nostalgia you feel is the realization you wasted years and won't get them back

I miss MS-DOS

>realization
not consciously of course. that's why it's a feeling

plus a laptop with gnome-shell is much comfier than your nasty old noisy tower and cancer inducing monitor

y tho

ms-dos was the pinnacle of autism and unusability
(except for oldie games i luv those)

When you actually need to use Windows for more than a few minutes, you'll remember why you left.

Aw yeah
Tweaking your combination of config.sys, autoexec.bat and QEMM to get that magic 624KB of conventional memory. Good times. *wipes tear*

I really want to move to linux, but I need Nvidia Control Panel in order to prevent my TV from cropping the screen.

I've got the control panel on arch

Your TV doesn't have an overscan setting? Must be a shit TV.

It's from some literallywho company called Telefunken.

The nvidia control panel on Linux can set underscan

I don't have a Control Panel at all, instead I have Nvidia X server settings or something like that.

that's what its called

u dont miss windows retard... u miss older times
>I even miss the fucking games.
I play everything on Linux... From older to newer games. Install PlayOnLinux and you are good to go.

How do I do it?

Why does playonlinux always get mentioned and not lutris?

I've been playing D2 in a low-resource win Xp VM.
Works just fine.

I don't have any such nostalgia. I can no longer walk in ignorance.

Did u use qemu?
If so, could you post the exact steps you took when setting it up?

>main arch
>run windows 7 inside vm
>vm has exclusive access to my eGPU
>passthough direct control of my mouse and keyboard when I gayme
>all servers function continuously in the background
>use bridged networking so the vps and other windows vms continue functioning in the background as if nothing happens
>mfw I run, arch, arch, wes7,wes7,w7 all at the same time on the same machine and cant see any performance decrease what so ever

Just dual-boot you fucking loser, Jesus Christ. Why is everyone on this board such a fucking autist about this shit? Its possible to have more than one operating system you fucking idiots

Lutris doesn't have as many wine scripts as PlayOnLinux. Plus, PlayOnLinux is already in most repos, while Lutris isn't for some reason.

i have an old 478 celeron tower under my bed. i turn it on and tinker with it a few times a year. feels good man... Winamp, blasting my tunes from 2003. Playing quake 3. comfy...
Pic from 2013.

The nostalgia I have with dos/win is being able to customize my computer and have it stick. This is not easily possible with windows anymore. There is nothing comfortable about the windows update process. For reasons like those I'm happy to stay on linux.

i miss not being alive