What's the best desktop speaker for under $100?

What's the best desktop speaker for under $100?

>sub $100
Dayton B652 Air or Micca MB32X if you're buying new. Any 15 to 20 watt T amp will suffice but the Daytons don't really come into their own until you're feeding them lots of power.

>Micca MB32X
Not op but thanks I was looking for something like this.

Top Advice. Thanks user. You're a Cutie :3

Bose are the best

>Micca MB32X
You mean Micca MB42?

I just looked for them, but they are above 100€ for Europe (I have only found eBay sellers (112€) and the Amazon.com but the last one is 80€+60€).

I have been keeping an eye in the Logitech Z200, are these worth it? They are like 30€ or so, but I'll use them rarely, so extreme sound quality isn't what I'm looking for, just good/OK sound and not sounding like shit on loud.

Get the fuck out.

> Want free healthcare
> Not willing to pay VAT
Europeans just don't get it

I am completly new at audio and I notice that many of these speakers don't come with a 3.5mm conection, what else do I need to set them up if I just have a 3.5mm out?

A 15-20 watt class D or T amp.
They're easy to make if you're inclined for DIY electronics.

>what's the best X under Y?
>a model over Y

Should add that it how much power you need depends on the speakers.
For the MB42X or Dayton B652 15-20W will do.

>Should add that it how much power you need depends on the speakers.
I need sleep.

I'm planning on getting a pair of yamahas hs8. Good idea or should I get something else in this price range? Also what audio interface? I'm considering scarlett 6i6/ komplete audio 6

thanks man, do you have in mind any model for a lazy poor mofo?

You can't get something good for 100$. If you can add 30 more look for behringer 50USB on sale they go for 130. Bi amped, middle quality 5 inch studio monitor (don't expect yamaha quality but actually better than m-audio D2 series) Have build in usb dac that is actually good.

Really? Thanks i appreciate it

Paid £40 for these. The English make the best speakers.

I fell for the AudioEngine A2+ meme. Should I return it, and what should I get? I want a 2.1 setup but I can't figure out a subwoofer.

I was looking at Kanto's YU2 because the company is so close, but I like the A2+'s 22khz range.

What about the Woxter Dynamic Line DL-410? Just found them in Amazon and it has like 4,5 stars and a bunch of reviews, so I guess they are good, but they are only 45€ and I think I could go a little more up in price.

If I need an AMP then I'll just get these and spend 20~30€ on an AMP.

>AudioEngine A2+
these are actually pretty smol my dude, is there anything like that that doesn't cost too much more than 100$?

Meh, they're OK.

I have the MB42X specifically. I don't know the difference between the two besides a $30 price difference but I have the X version and like them.

Something similar would be like what I mentioned, the Kanto YU2. Apparently a knock off of sorts to the A2. They're 150~ dollars more than your budget, but it might be okay. You will probably need a subwoofer companion to give them better base considering their 80hz-20khz range.

The A2 is good because it feels like it can almost be standalone. If you could you might want to bite the bullet and just go for a(n expensive) speaker from your wishlist as an investment.

I'm new to the speakers scene though, I've mostly just used pre-set logitech speakers the whole time. I don't know all the best brands etc.

>Logitech Z200
They're OK in a pinch. You won't find much better for $30. Like most Logitech they're out of balance: too bright & too bassy like a pair of nigger's headphones.
Depends. If you have a spare laptop power supply floating around & some skill you can get by with one of those class t chink boards for ~$20, otherwise I'd recommend something in the $40 range like the Dayton Audio DTA3116HP.

hello lads

do you have opinions about Jamo speakers?

if you want a sub for the next 20 years, get the SVS SB12 or bust. anything else is a waste of money under 25m2 rooms.

try Jamo C91

I got A2+ earlier this year and wanted more low end but wanted something cheap and small.

Got a Fostex SUBmini and it's serving me well.

just bought klipsch promedia 2.1 on sale for $109

if you go a few dollars over budget these are worth it and can still be found at that price.