>update to newest build
>audio stops working
>SIM card stops being detected
>back up to old build
>problems persist
>change to OMNIRom
>exact same problems persist
>have yet to try stock rom because I can't find it

How the fuck do I fix my phone or is the firmware or something fucked?

I can't figure this out. Every time I search these problems online they are always unsolved!

I'm running a Moto G4 Play and right now its effectively unusable.

How do I figure out a solution? Please help

Other urls found in this thread:

aospextended.com/harpia
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Restore from backup :^)

That's what you get for being an autistic "person" and installing PajeetOS.

Looks like I won't be updating my G4 yet. It's a shame. It hasn't had a new nightly in a month I think.

I have the same smartphone and it's running well.

Every week there's new nightlies.

>Every week there's new nightlies.

I know there's usually a new nightly every week, but for the G4 specifically there hasn't been one for the last few.

>have yet to try stock rom because I can't find it
^^^ start here

I'll try tomorrow because it's night night time now

I did and the problem persists!

Recommend me another one that has an official build for Moto G4 Play

>Recommend me another one that has an official build for Moto G4 Play

Not him, but the only real alternative is AOSP I think.

If I'm on the latest PajeetROM and want to switch to Lineage instead, what's the best way to keep my apps?

Just backup the data, make a list, and re-download them from f-droid and yalp store?

I've heard of it but lack the skills to compile it myself.
Do you know anyone compiling it for the moto G4 play? I'd run it over lineageOS in a heart beat.

aospextended.com/harpia

Thank you my man, very appreciated. Do you know the significance of the "extended" part of the name?

Do you need to be spoonfed everything?
>AOSP Extended is an AOSP based rom which provides stock UI/UX with various customisations features along with the Substratum theme engine. The project has been made by cherry-picking various commits from various other projects. Being based on AOSP it provides a smooth and lag-free experience out of the box. We will constantly try to add more features and make it even better in future updates.

I have read that, I was looking to have it explained perhaps I'm lay mans terms.

I am not technically proficient in the slightest. I failed computer science and ditched this hobby years ago, however my phone autism stayed with me a little.

Full wipe your phone and reflash

How do I do a full wipe? I wiped everything using TWRP and that resolved nothing.

Presumably there is software for this?

When you selected wipe you clicked on all partitions?

Is Copperhead OS worth it if I rely somewhat heavily on a few Google services?

I'm running LineageOS right now, but I can't manage without Google Maps, Keep, and the official YouTube client.

I did this
>wipe
>swipe to factory reset
>format data
>typed yes
>advanced wipe
>clicked dalvik / art cache
>system
>data
>internals storage
>cache

That's all I wiped and reflashed and nothing changed

That's a full wipe then
If that didn't fix it chances that is software related are near 0
Maybe whatever is that broke was alrwady almost broken and the update made it break completely

That's discouraging. I'm so desperate for a function phone I'm gonna have to buy another if I can't get this to work. I'm a student so I'm not made of money either.

My plan for tomorrow is to wipe it again and install the stock rom, if the problem persists I will try the AOSP rom, if the problem persists I might just lay down and cry.

Any other suggestions of what to try tomorrow?

Check forums for people with similar problems and check their "tricks"
Had something similar happen to me to my LG g3 and I fixed it by placing a folded paper in a part of the mobo (which I read abou somewhere online)

Buy an iPhone, problem solved.

I've looked around all day to day with no avail. Someone with a Moto X on Reddit has the exact same problem, down to the problem persisting despite changing ROMs, however after about 6 hours of research that's all I found related to my situation.

Someone mentioned placing a folded piece of paper on the SIM card but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Probably place it above it and insert it together, so whatever usually sits on top of the SIM card sits on the paper and the paper exerts pressure on the SIM card
That's only a fix if the problem is that the SIM reader became loose and is not making contact

Ill try it all again, all day tomorrow and see what I can do

Look ma, I made the thread again.

>Moto G4 Play

The phone shipped with near-stock already, why the fuck did you install LineageOS?