What does Sup Forums think of the OnePlus 5?

What does Sup Forums think of the OnePlus 5?

shit

what
Why?

1 + 5 = 6

Garbage. Screen is upside down so scrolling is fucked (it wobbles).

Still garbage camera.

t. Op3t owner

They managed to fuck up the screen and up the price

J E L L Y S C R O L L I N G

Should I buy the OP3t instead?
Yeah I know but the only other phone that seems worth buying is the galaxy s8 and that's out of my budget

Chinkshit

From the thumbnail I honestly thought you had posted an iPhone desu

Xiaomi is a option too.
But if you are getting OnePlus get the 3t if you can't bare the jelly "feature"
I would personally just wait for the next OnePlus.

fpbp

It's a decent phone - my only complaint is the camera. Can get a max of 3 days between charges if your not using it constantly. Maybe 6 hours screen on time. If you can find one discounted go for it.

OP5 is just 1 cpu revision newer - I doubt they will get the camera issues sorted but the fucked scrolling will probably get fixed after the first production run. My understanding is they mounted the screen upside down to fit the new camera module, and use software to flip the display/touch input. On a regular Linux/X system this wouldn't be an issue but who knows what it does on Android

Well it's a fuckload better than the Galaxy S3 I upgraded from, only thing I wish was better is the camera stabilization. If it had OIS it would be fucking amazing

The design is extremely similar
I would wait for the pixel 2 desu but I just lost my 6p so I need a phone now
not sure why they got rid of OIS, what the fuck were they thinking?

Seriously though, don't let people here or elsewhere meme you out on the phone. It's basically the best on the market for everything but the camera and the "jelly scrolling" but I have been using the phone since release and cannot see it at all, completely serious. I think it really just depends on your eyes. The camera is still very good and tons of reviews echo the same, the stabilization is just poor and it's not as good as it could be, but it's still more than useable.

And yes, the price isn't the same tier as OP used to be, but personally, living in Canada, it's better than every other phone on the market of it's quality, S8 is still $1200 G6 is still $1000 etc.

Over priced chinkshit, bur at least it's better than anything Xiaomi put out in the last year.

Why did you post a picture of the iphone 7?

Upgraded from a Galaxy S2 to it and love it. Jellyscrolling is only a thing if you actually try to provoke it, under normal circumstances you won't ever notice it.
I especially love the fact that it came without any bloat preinstalled, unlike my old s2.
Didn't find anything I dislike about it yet.

got myself a really cheap deal on a 3T midnight black 128gb. Glad I did since it cost me half of the 5 and it's a great phone.

Another chinkshit Android phone trying too hard to be exactly like the iPhone.

How much was it?

265$

what's the scientific explanation of this phenomenon?

As a OP5 owner here's my two cents:

Best things:
Software - No bloat and very close to stock Android with extra customization options, easy to root
Hardware - Tons of RAM and storage, top notch processor
Speed - Fastest Android phone out there maybe only beaten by Pixel
Build quality - Feels like a premium flagship phone, very nice fingerprint sensor and the headphone jack is still there

Cons:
Screen - Don't get me wrong the screen is good but it's 1080p. Every other new phone has at least 1440p. The jelly scroll is definitely not as bad as some videos have shown, barely noticeable.
Design - Not really my biggest issue but it does look a bit dated. Would have liked an infinity display.

Neutral:
Price - It's hundreds of bucks cheaper than other flagship phones, but there are cheaper options out there too
Battery life - Nothing revolutionary, but definitely not bad. Just expected it to be better due to the 1080p display. Dash charging is great tho.

Things that people complain about but I couldn't give two shits:
Camera - During the rare occasions that I do use the camera it definitely does the job and looks as good as most flagship cameras. No OIS is unfortunate, but again, don't care.
Waterproofing, wireless charging and other memes like squeezable edges - How the fuck do people even give a shit about these things?

Should you buy it?
Of course! It's a good phone, don't be fooled by these jelly scroll videos. If you have a chance, try the phone out and you can see that the effect is minimal.

Neat

screen is upside down so the electrons fall out.
think about it, how often have you seen an upside down tv or monitor?

Since every screen refreshes itself from top to bottom your eyes have gotten used to it and it feels natural.

OP5 has it's screen installed upside down so that the electronics inside could be installed more efficiently.
If you hold the phone correctly, the screen is upside down and is refreshing from bottom to top. Since your eyes are not used to it you see the jelly effect. Turn your phone upside down and you see that the effect is gone.

>I turned my other phone upside down, why doens't the jelly effect appear?
It actually does, but on LCD screens you pretty much can't see it. On AMOLED displays the effect is enhanced due to some technology they use.

I got my hands on an OP5 to see the effect myself and while it definitely is noticeable it sure as hell isn't as strong as people make it out to be.

The thing that interests me is if a person who has never seen a screen would they also see the jelly effect?

Disgusting.

Excuse me but did iphone licence and trademark that back design? No, and in case you didn't know many more phones use that design.
If you pick a phone because of it's back design you are mentally ill

It looks JUST like an iphone. Like, how do you even do that to yourself.

And don't be retarded. People pay for phone design as much as anything. It's important.
Literally only Chinese manufacturers bother to ape iphone design that closely.

Why would you degrade yourself by using an iPhone clone running Android? The whole advantage of getting Android over iPhone is that it's either cheaper, like a Zuk Z2 Pro, or better like a Samsung S8. If you're going to spend so much on an iPhone clone you may as well just enjoy the real deal.

>iPhone clone
Just because the back design is the same it's suddenly an iPhone clone?

>The whole advantage of getting Android over iPhone is that it's either cheaper
I don't know where you live but in my country and I'm guessing in most of Europe the iPhone 7 128GB costs 850€, 7 Plus 1000€. OP5 550€. That's pretty much half the price

>or better
Half the price for pretty much the same performance.

>Only the back
Are you kidding?

Oneplus has had the same front design since like OP2. Also how is that front in any way similar to the OP5 besides a home "button" that literally 90% of smart phones have

Get your fucking eyes checked.

ǝʌıℲ snʃԀǝuO ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ pǝʇsoԀ

9102 ɟo ǝuoɥd ʇɹɐɯs ʇsǝ𐐒