is AI really going to take our jerbs?

They will take your jobs
and fuck your wives
Stop them now
Don't think twice
You'll be free, hackers
You'll be free

Yours and all the other off-colours' for sure

Yes, there will still be plenty of high level jobs just not enough for the vast majority of people.

I work as a retail supervisor. when all the cashiers are replaced by robots, who will be left to supervise?

I need to upskill in a hurry but I don't know which jobs are safe!

First they'll take pajeets job.
Few more years of advancement and they'll take yours (assuming you're more skillful than pajeet)

Say hello to a tax-less world(?).

There will never be AI.

Yes and by then we'll be going to war just so everybody has something to do.

only if you're stupid

i hope so, i dont want to work

make the ai that will eventually replace your job, by definition it's the safest profession

You mean until AI takes our solider jobs

I do not think so. Why? Because there always has to be the low level guy to pin problems on and fire. Without them, the corporate ladder can't blame their incompetence on someone else and they do not want to fire each other because the only reason why they have jobs is in the first place is they knew someone. Without low level employees the cameras are on them and will be forced to do actual work. Thus why automation and AI won't take over.

maybe

They will take jobs, but new jobs are an eventuality. The few that will be automated in our lifetime won't make an appreciable difference on the economy or the job market.

>implying the government would be willing to give up their livestyle
Taxes will rise instead for a more social society.

Bill gates predicts that robots will be taxed just like humans, but the companies will be paying the tax.

hopefully i dont really want a job anyway

I work in Academia so i'll be fine.

>bill gates predicting that companies will pay tax
He's gone senile.

Probably not, machines are not very fault tolerant and don't have the same amount of versatility that even a complete moron working retail has.

The rich will be able to acquire production as a one-time purchase. No need to deal with pesky human laborers and their unions. Any job from unskilled to pencil-pusher are fucked.

Everyone """middle class""" (whatever that means) and lower are fucked.
The postwar prosperity was nice while it lasted, though.

Hopefully those in power will be generous, but they'll let us die off.

then how will the government get money?
if the middle and lower class dont have jobs because of automation then how will anything get taxed?

high income people are still paying taxes (mostly), government will simply see decreased revenues

user, 'should' and 'will' are two different words and mean completely different things.

>fuck your wives
good someone needs to bang her im getting tire of that shit

at that point it wont matter. even the wealthy capitalists (like elon musk) will support basic income just to prevent the poor from getting uppity.

>will support basic income just to prevent the poor from getting uppity.
No they won't. They'll support prisons.

Even if basic income is cheaper than a prison system, they'll go for the prisons since it allows more control. Well not really, basic income allows a shitload of control since you can cut people off if they have thoughts that disagree with the corporate agenda, but prisons have already proved to be effective at suppressing superfluous populations.