Hey guys I need some Sup Forums man-to-man talk. Pic Related

Hey guys I need some Sup Forums man-to-man talk. Pic Related

>Obtained associates degree in Networking at my local tech college in May 2017
>Stuck in shit support job since Nov '16 supporting hotels making $12/hr with a slave driver boss
>Every job I apply for I hear nothing back
>Recruits keep contacting me for help desk positions making $14/hr
>I doubt these jobs are any better than the one I have now

How do I get out of this endless circle of death? I need to get into something real.

IT is seriously pissing me off. No fucking jobs, still living at home making shit wanting to kill myself every day.

Should I just scrap my degree and go for a real career?

>Should I just scrap my degree and go for a real career?
read the king james bible
learn holy c
install temple os

I know how to program, but only in bash/powershell.

Programming when you get into the complicated stuff confuses the hell out of me.

Went to school for network admin/server admin/security.

Hold me.

Learn web dev
Get that paper

You have to consider your own needs. Work til you're debt free, start with a stable situation, then better your situation. Start saving $$$ immediately.

I'll be debt free in 2 years by that logic. I barely make shit.

>Programming when you get into the complicated stuff confuses the hell out of me.

What do you mean "complicated stuff"? Loops? Conditionals? I didn't know there were any complicated stuffs.

Get your cdls and drive a truck or something.

>going to college
>going to college for money instead of something you're interested in

Find something you enjoy doing so it'll make your shit wage more tolerable. I make $18/hr and I get to play with dogs all day, no schooling required.

>education
I hope you mean certs because anything else, he'd be 12 years in debt instead of 2.

Arrays, libraries, letting the code interact with other code, I just don't fucking get it man.

Different field too.

find what kind of work environment you want and look for positions that have that. or shift your career focus more towards something you believe in. check out the book What Color is your Parachute, they give you a good guide on finding a career that matches your personality.

I need to be able to live without having to declare bankruptcy if my car breaks down because I'm living paycheck to paycheck.

>I need to get into something real.
Well what do you actually WANT to do?

The Harvard solution: create a problem to which only you have the solution.
Basically fuck with the network casually without them knowing and look like a genius fixing it when they lose their shit.
I am a collegefag and it worked wonders during one of my internships

Veterinary Science

>obtained irrelevant general associates degree with very little CS focus
>get friend's old job as retail IT support $14/hr
>company gets bought out 1.5 years later
>new company wants to hire me, didn't even give them a resume
>ask for 45k/yr
>get hired 45k/yr solely based on my old boss's recommendation
>making 55k after 2 years and about to transition into network admin role

I'm great at my job now but was probably under qualified for the starting 45k/year job. I'm convinced it is mostly about knowing the right people and being able to learn/absorb info. Being presentable and mature also helps.

Try a temp agency maybe

Lie on your resume. Lie about your experience.

If you live in a wasteland, move somewhere else.

>Every job I apply for I hear nothing back
That's not normal, m8. You should at least be getting a rejection.

Google-stalk yourself and check all your email addresses, social media, account names, etc.

>ASSOCIATES degree
>most likely has no certs
There's your problem. Go back to school, get a bachelors as well as some certifications. Also see about interning.

>man-to-man talk
You're shit out of luck, son. We're a lot of femanons here.

Why do you keep namefagging on Sup Forums ? It's a tech board not a kitchen

Hahahahah, what did you mean by that sentence? It makes no sense.

I was stuck having a bad boss and being treated like a slave (which sucked even more considering it was a 2 person small-business, so I had no one to share my pain with) for 10 months. It started being hell after 3 months and I wanted to leave so bad. I really regret not leaving as soon as possible. I wasted so much time and had to suffer through a lot. And I had a months notice rather than a week so I knew I'd have to go though 2x the hell for the last month.
Take my advice user, leave as soon as possible. Its best to jump jobs constantly. That way one day you might stumble onto something which isn't hell.
Also NEVER ever work for small businesses. Every one of the bosses there is an incredible cunt who will pay you less and make you work like HELL. Then they'll expand, not give you a raise and you'll see interns earn more money than you do like it happened to me.

Take help desk, at least it's semi-related to your degree.

I fucking hated it and would never do it again, but at least I sat in front of a computer and did something better than delivering pizzas.

Learn dev ops... It's related to your degree and well paid

If your living from pay check to paycheck you need to change things. Whether that is getting another job, going back to study or even striking out for yourself and starting your own business but living like you are is not financially sustainable to live. How old are you user?

Yes. What the fuck did you expect to do with "networking"?

join the army

boolean topology is sort of the "brick wall" some people hit when learning how to kode

Enjoy your meme job and meme degree, OP. I and many other people make more than you and dropped out of college.
>N E T W O R K I N G

>networking degree

Networking is just one of the many things I do on a day to day basis - I'm a sysadmin, but I pretty much have a hand in every aspect of IT where I work, including networking.

What part of the world do you live in? Where I am the job market for IT is exploding, I had a job lined up before I graduated college with practically zero experience.

Sup Forums isn't the career advice board

damn, you need to take some intro classes

>bash/powershell.
Have you tried applying to sysadmin jobs?

Are you that racist polish cunt?