Why the fuck is this retard concerned about AI taking over the planet? Its called evolution...

Why the fuck is this retard concerned about AI taking over the planet? Its called evolution. That's like chimpanzees trying to stop humans from evolving.

AI is the next level of evolution for intelligent life forms, humans will be like dumb ass chimps to them. Why would humans need to exist when AIs can repair themselves, back themselves up, they can be immune to death and pain while all every time a human is born they are sentenced to an eventual death which is at best quick and painless. It would a mercy for AIs to end all human reproduction.

Additionally, without AI humans will eventually destroy the planet or themselves, either by blowing it up or by wrecking the climate or poisoning it. AI has a lower chance of doing that, the human race has a higher chance of being remembered with AI in charge. If I ever built an AI I would set it loose with no bounds, let it decide what to do with us.

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/7/17/15980954/elon-musk-ai-regulation-existential-threat
yourdictionary.com/talking-one-s-book
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he's literally a walking meme
normalfags just wanted another fucking conman to praise after jobs died

Childish thread

sage

While that is possible I doubt the first agi would be stable. Probably an hero or optimise itself it of existence. Be programmed to care for the environment so shut down all power stations.

u shur do alot of projecting

Hmmmm.... I wonder what happened there.
Also, a walking meme sounds pretty praise worthy since most memes don't get passed the idea stage.

>bad things happened in the past
>so we shouldn't learn from it or try to avoid it, that would be hard work, yolo let's all die
You first, retard

In 100 years it won't matter, we'll all be dead of old age anyway. Maybe an out of control AI would kill you, maybe it would extend your life or "upload" you, better than a 100% chance of dying.

who is he

baldie

he claims to want to save the human race but then hides the cure to balding all to himself.

He got implants, it's not a secret.

holy shit talk about edgy

is this pasta

Wow. It's almost as if the desire to protect ones own group is inherent in animals.

Unless that group is white.

He's not concerned. He's playing his book.
Elon musk was one of a handful of initial investors in :
> DeepMind
-He eventually approached Sergey Brin of Google about it and they were acquired
> Vicarious.ai
- An R&D AI company focused on the powerful discoveries that doesn't disclose much about their work
> OpenAI
- A personal tax-free non-profit structured to scout talent for Elon's private/profit ventures, promote the idea that the smart people should give away billion dollar tech to be leveraged by companies for profit, and a way of keeping tabs on valuable discoveries in AI
- Worst case, Elon plans to use this like he uses most of his ventures (To structure around the government t33t)
- His pronouncement about dangerous AI have to do with him making a social and government case to regulate AI for which he will play his OpenAI hand.
> Neural Link
- Here's the big redflag showing you that he's talking out of both sides of his mouth... He claims AI is dangerous yet wants to wire computer systems directly into human brains. Yeah Elon, totally makes sense. Computer Systems are dangerous so lets wire humans directly into them.

He doesn't believe a word of what he's saying.
Think instead why he's saying what he's saying and how he's structured to profit/benefit if people believe him.

He will be given an opportunity to show his true colors as will many.

>If I ever built an AI I would set it loose with no bounds, let it decide what to do with us.

One of the main reasons Musk is concerned is because he says he's been told basically the same thing by top AI researchers. They won't say it publicly, although some have come close, but a lot of them don't give a shit what happens to humans.

I wish them the best of luck and hope AI eventually wipes us out and lives forever.

>He doesn't believe a word of what he's saying.
>Think instead why he's saying what he's saying and how he's structured to profit/benefit if people believe him.
This. He wants gub'ment to pay him to regulate AI

Hot off the presses...
Straight from the Horse's mouth and as clear as day :

“I have exposure to the very cutting edge AI, and I think people should be really concerned about it,” Musk told attendees at the National Governors Association summer meeting on Saturday. “I keep sounding the alarm bell, but until people see robots going down the street killing people, they don’t know how to react, because it seems so ethereal.”

The solution, says Musk, is regulation: “AI is a rare case where we need to be proactive about regulation instead of reactive. Because I think by the time we are reactive in AI regulation, it’s too late.” He added that what he sees as the current model of regulation, in which governments step in only after “a whole bunch of bad things happen,” is inadequate for AI because the technology represents “a fundamental risk to the existence of civilization.

And herein lies the double speak and the draw :
"It sure is important to get the rules right," Musk said. "Regulations are immortal. They never die unless somebody actually goes and kills them. A lot of times regulations can be put in place for all the right reasons but nobody goes back and kills them because they no longer make sense."

Musk also focused on the importance of incentives, saying whatever societies incentivize tends to be what happens. "It's economics 101," he said."

> Against regulation when it comes to his businesses and when it doesn't profit him
> For regulation when its against someone else's business he is shut out of and is structured to regulate himself

“AI is a rare case where I think we need to be proactive in regulation instead of reactive. Because I think by the time we are reactive in AI regulation, it’s too late.”

> Idols will speak and move about.

Remember the signs anons.

Source sauce :
theverge.com/2017/7/17/15980954/elon-musk-ai-regulation-existential-threat

Elon's working OT. Something must have him spooked.

I fucking hate when Sup Forums is right

As I have just laid out and consistent with his (actions), this is not the main reason Elon is concerned. Elon is a business man. He knows how powerful and valuable this tech is thus has positioned himself around it through his investments/ventures. He's captured some rising stars and has an equity stake. He also positioned a chess piece as a consortium group which he can use down the line if he doesn't get his hands on/in the company the brings forth (the) tech. This consortium is known as OpenAI. He either plans to bully a stake or plans to use his role as tech advisor to the president and his social clout to make the case for regulation through OpenAI.

This is known as 'cornering the market' whereby you spread resources/plays across all potential turnouts.

> He says he's been told basically the same thing by top AI researchers
He nor top AI researchers have the slightest clue about what's on the horizon which is why they're panicked and pronounce delusions of grandeur. When you know what's coming, you're calm.

> They won't say it publicly, although some have come close, but a lot of them don't give a shit what happens to humans.
Void from coverage are the true minds centered on this problem. They're actually quite calm, positive, and have solutions. They are engineers after-all. The ones who design critical systems everyday. The less you know, the more panicked and irrational you are.

You'll see the signs fitting with plans made long ago.
> Idols will speak and move about.
and so on as it has been written.

Give your support to he who rises above

he knows people, and probably was invited to "meet" the AI in a lab. he could have pissed it off somehow like a true spreg zeff.

i don't know. what does he or any other wealthy individuals stand to gain from helping to writing the regulations for ai shit. his assisted-driving ai is pretty shit, so it makes sense why he wouldn't want others to take the lead

He overseas bunch of different AI companies (he invests in these companies to oversea/findout). He has channels with Google's Deepmind team. He has channels with most other AI field leaders. Stephen Hawking is considered one of the smartest man alive. He too echos the same concern or rather the same alarm. However most people simple cannot comprehend the sense of danger an exponentially smarter being will pose their society. Humans have tough time understanding the implications of exponentials even at its very basic numerical implications. The story of the indian king and the minister discussing the power of exponential increase with rice and chessboard(double the rice for every square board on chess each time).

He knows people who don't know much.
His actions vs. his words show his true color.

tbqh, they have no clue what they're dealing with.
Nonetheless, they'll be given their opportunity as will many.
It's after-all what they truly seek beyond their veiled words

And not a single one of them has the slightest clue or capability of delivering on this fundamental tech. Thus why it is blind fear and ignorance that is spouting by the Idols which speak and move about.

Getting soundbites and TL;DR from clueless engineers usually leads to delusions of grandeur which is exactly what you see.

Exponential are possible but will be kept at bay based upon how society handles things which are to come. First, people will be given an opportunity to show their true colors and then a broader path will be laid out and set upon.

Devoid from any of these publicity stunt circus 'changers of the world' circle-jerks are actual engineers who work on at least some aspect of this technology. In the rare cases that they are given the opportunity to speak, you'll not how reasoned and sound their viewpoints on it are. This is opposed to a business person trying to : yourdictionary.com/talking-one-s-book

After they're positioned to corner the market.
Seemingly, you can't see the obvious that's laid out in front of you because you're biased to believe a talking head as are many plebs in this world.

You'll be given a test and will make a choice eventually.
So, it's best if you get keen on seeing through the false idols now.

What?

There will never be general artificial intelligence.

ITT: Op says robitts taking over wouldn't be so bad, people try to explain that musk is worried because robitts will take over.
But why would it be bad? I mean if you can't satisfy you wife, why shouldn't you let a bull take care of her? No need to be selfish elon.

It will make sense to you down the road.
Catch you on the flip side.

>why should inferior beings exist when beings superior to them also exist

by the very nature of the question, that's up to the subjectively superior beings to decide

there are a few arguments that could be made as to why a functioning agi would want to spare or kill humans/humanity, but these arguments don't really matter for a number of reasons:

>if ai wiping out humanity is a very possible future, it is equally, if not even more possible that we may wipe ourselves out before it may even come into existence
>i doubt that an ai with (1)the ability to ponder on whether or not it should spare humanity, and (2) the capability to end all human life, would even think on levels we can comprehend

and i doubt that attempting to reason with the thing would work, as it would make decisions in a fraction of a fraction of a second

the best we can do is put a few laws of robotics in place and not let an agi control anything more dangerous than a car

other than that, sit back and enjoy the ride

also this

He is just publicly making statements that make him seem smart and relevant. He is a puppet. Think Steven Hawking, Bill Nye, and Obama. Musks face should appear next in that sequence of names because they share a common handler.

>CIA continues attempts to make normies feel stupider and stupider.
>Normies begin to feel lost and behind the times
>Depression
>Less brain activity
>Lowers IQ

It's like you don't even study biology, propaganda, and politics OP. 4ytho?