Whats up poorfags ? ;))

Whats up poorfags ? ;))

Look what i just got ? ;) Alienware 17"laptop with a 980m badboy in it ;)

The poorfags at my university is gonna be jelly when they see my killer machine ;) They have cheap shitty macs and ultrabooks from HP and Lenovo

In a scale of 1-100 how jelly are you poorfags in Sup Forums ? ;)

Your mom

Hey bro, I just ordered an Alienware Aurora R6. Alienware Bros.

(I fucking hate myself)

Give it back Jamal.

Why do you hate yourself?

Because what I really wanted was to build my own ryzen system at NCIX, but I got turned down for 24 month equal payments. The only place I could find that would accept me is Alienware. I mean I got it for a good price at $1000 off, but I didn't want to go with a 7700k.

Plus I hate actually owning memeware.

1, I guess. I don't particularly care for Dell/Alienware, and I wouldn't need anything to justify the specs or price.

I'm happy with what I have (an old Sony Vaio with a 1st gen intel i3, 4gb ram, and a SSD, running Linux Mint). Works great for me.

You are on the wrong board kike, read what it says, it's not it's Sup Forums.

Enjoy your dell

Whats wrong with Dell? Dell is best in the world

>received
Sure thing you got it

Really? In my uni people with these huge ass laptops just get laughed at. Who the fuck carries shit like this to school? Are you absolutely retarded?

Sure, that's probably better than my desktop but I'd never take that with me to a lecture.

980m?, ancient shit...

Plus, that generation had a well known and documented design flaw that caused overheating and the cpu would throttle.

Also, AW gained some bad reputation because they gave underpowered psu's with 980m equipped models and you had to personally request for a higher capacity one.

AAAAAAANNNND.... The newer models with Pascal are much, much better...

My laptop is 13 years old and plays SimCity
I'm pretty content.

The Alienware 14 with OLED is pretty cool, but the rest of them are a bit over the top.

> carrying around a 17 inch "laptop"
Virgin flag

> 980m
Literally slower than a mobile 1060

> how jelly are you
not at all, no one will take you seriously with this ayylmao abortion, girls will laugh at you. Maybe you will impress some 13yo kidd until the battery dies.

You didn't actually pay for this thing right?

Never got laughed at the time I had one but yeah it does suck mostly because of the inconvenience of carrying a bulky and heavy laptop... Plus you always had to carry the giant psu. I don't mind the looks really, of most gaming laptops (perhaps with the exception of Razer and some Gigabyte laptops) these ones don't scream gaming at your face and the finish looks quite sophisticated.

Enjoy carrying around that hunk of shit / metal around University when the rest have got lightweight laptops that do the job.

OLED on computers is shit. Burn-in galore.

They replaced the 14 with the 13 inch model some years ago, I think its cool asf too...

You'll be using it for gaming most of the time, so there won't be static elements on the screen to burn in.

Why on earth would you buy a laptop for gaming?

Depends on use case...

Also, I know its not common but my LG G4 with an LCD display has a terrible burn in problem so not exclusive to OLED.

I'm homeless and don't have anywhere to put a desktop.

Call me crazy but these are great as complimentary devices if you already own a gaming PC at home.

Maybe if you're homeless, you shouldn't be spending money on a gaming machine at all.

LCD burns in are rare stuff while OLED burn happens on 100% of the panels, you just need time.

How am I going to achieve my dream of being a video game streamer?

Dells are the best.

What channel do you have. Show me a channel where a hobo is streaming from a McDonalds, and I'll donate 200 dollars right now.

I ran out of data. Verizon are cunts.

>980m
Kek

Alienware really isn't that bad these days

why would anyone replies seriously to this

Who is actually laughing other than you because you know memes?

Don't care. You must have a channel. Post the channel. 100 bucks is yours for a mere link. You obviously have enough data for that if you are posting on Sup Forums.

True but the idea of an OLED screen on a PC either desktop or laptop is pretty tasty for an enthusiast. Dell should make more laptops with that display so a spare replacement for the display can be a thing.

Does it throttle badly without a fan

Nah, its core m after all.

I don't think its ever been desu, all people criticize about them is how expensive they are and that isn't true anymore, that used to be like 5 years ago but even with the massive price tag of the old days (if I remember correctly there used to be a $4500 m17x model) I don't think they were bad at all, just overpriced... (aka Apple).

How does it perform with multiple YouTube videos open?

I say they are good mostly with offering AMD options and Pascal shit.

Also Dell giving their input and making Alienware laptops business build quality.

ugly ass hinges senpai

>980m
oh wow thats too bad.

Not really

Looks the same as a thinkpad

I just got my xps 9360, holy fuck that thing is beautiful. Debian9 runs on it like butter aswell. Only had to grab the nonfree wifi drivers and throw em in /lib/firmware

Maybe laughing was the wrong word. Big screen distract other students and the inconvenience of the whole thing is annoying to others as well. Plus, in my uni most of the people with the big gaming laptops play some animugames during the lectures so that's why they get laughed at. Why even show up to the lecture at that point, attendance is not mandatory? They make my blood boil.

Thanks to babylake it can decide VP9 really well, so no issues at all.

My reaction exactly. Originally I wanted an iPad pro 12.9 but it was out of stock so I got this DELL. This was really fate. Im so happy with this beautiful piece of hardware.

it's a 2in1 so maybe that's why, altough i don't have any problems with it. solid af

>980m
>not the newest pascal desktop cards
poorfags trying not to be poorfags :^)

Wishing I got one of those now, I have the XPS 15 and the fan is loud, also heavy

Macbooks owners won't be jelly because they are too bigoted to see outside the Apple universe. They would be jelly only if you'd bought a more advanced Mac.

I have a $2000 gaymur Acer better specced than that machine.
I also have a Thinkpad T420 that I paid $190 for and stuck an SSD in. I'm using that for all my real work.

Install Arch on the Thinkpad, start writing helloworlds in C and Haskell and you'll be approved by the neo-Sup Forums kids.

Ever heard of a UI?

But I have work I actually need Windows for, user.

Jelly? That's not a Mac.

I guess the user ran out of plausible ways to keep up the facade.

I just wanted a net/youtube/anime machine that had a good screen and was light, that's why i went with the smallest 13 2in1 model. But God this is so awesome. I can even do some light programming on it with visual studio on th go.

>PC says don't go to school tomorrow
What did it mean by this?

It's summer holiday, after all. I am a uni student.

Now that's a subtle bait user ;;))))

>these days
I disagree. Previously they used MSI made motherboards with decent VRMs and heatsinks(even till x99). Now they switched to Pegatron(Asrock) with inferior VRMs and inadequate/lack of heatsinks(even on the PCH), as seen on the new Aurora desktops.