Why is USA so technologically impaired compared to Europe?

Why is USA so technologically impaired compared to Europe?

It's like being teleported to the 80s

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-39942246
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why is USA so technologically impaired compared to Europe?
They're memed into believing that the free market is good for you.

older cables because made earlier plus a lot more land to cover and jews

the first mover gets stuck with the worst legacy crap a few decades later

>most americans STILL don't use one of these
literally decades old technology in yurop

>mfw i pay for everything with my phone

They spend all the disposable income on their healthcare insurance at Goldbersteinblatt & Sons Insurance Inc.
But hey - at least poor people still die on the street as desired so Dog Bless America.

not sure where you're getting your info, almost all CC's in the US have the chip now.

My American friends tell me that even though banks issue cards with chips on them, retailer support for it is poor (especially outside of major retailers), so they don't bother using it

I visited NYC recently and it was weird having to swipe my card and then sign a paper to pay for things.

At home I just tap my wallet on the machine and it pays instantly.

Who doesn't the US have these technologies yet?

I would argue that the UK moved just as early as the US but they aren't as far behind as the US is.

American living in Metropolitan Detroit here.
Retailer support for chips is quite good here, even in the poorest of neighborhoods/'burbs.
You're friends must live in some super rural areas or something.

Well 95% of my purchases are at retailers who have the chip reader (such as Walmart and Kroger). The only places I've seen that don't have it these days are smaller restaurants.

Murricans believe in capitalism and free market

but they their current state is not democracy but corporatism

For example internet providers

Seriously how dumb you have to be to listen for a such arguments for ages?
>we have shitty infrastructure because we were first and country is big

There are 3 major internet providers which created cartel like situation where its more profitable for them to fuck users in the ass with data caps and throttling speed and low speed than spend some money and upgrade fucking infrastructure.

I am not sure if murricans are aware but majority of fibers are made of plastic.

There is similar situation in their """free market""" health care. Group of jews set the price on ridiculous level so many people can not afford healthcare. On the other hand we have germany, country that has free health care, budget surplus and their physicans make fair money.

Keep getting fucked up the arse in the name of """corporations""" and bribery called "lobbying""" in murrica

US just finally getting them now as the rest of the world moves onto contactless payments.

>free health care
publicly funded health care.
It's not free you dumb fuck if you pay for it in taxes.

What's the point? Cash is better

Free as you are not paying bills after visit, its quite obvious that money are not printed from air or maybe their are like in usd fed hmmm?

>continent where almost nobody owns a gun, a car or an air conditioner
>calling others technologically backwards
I bet this chart also pleases you because the evil Americunts fall all the way to second place while your country...

europoor here. I've explicitly deactivated contactless payments as they are fucking stupid

you might save 5 seconds of your life but at the same time expose your economy to frauds

needing to own a car to move around is a sign that your country is underdeveloped, not exactly something to be proud of. AC is not cost effective for yuros as the cost of energy can be up to twice as much as in the US and it only gets hot for like one month a year.

also the fact that the US is so incredibly wealthy yet its people have such a low standard of living is just embarrassing

>you might save 5 seconds of your life but at the same time expose your economy to frauds

How is that? There is a bigger chance of scam with putting your card in and typing pin.

Every card with contactless payments has small limit for contacless payments like 50euros, you can pay like that any sum, but if its higher than 50euros you have to also type pin.

Out of box there is also money limit that can be spend daily so even if somebody will steal your card he will not spend too much and due to card payments nature they will return all your money with chargeback

lel

>I only value technology that allows me to kill others, kill myself or kill the planet

Been to us for tourism its a shithole.
The only burgers left are fat and autistic.

yes, but anything under the limit (50 eur or whatever) may be simply swiped away without you ever knowing about it untill you check your account

But the max you can pay on contactless is £30.
Are you really that worried about the extremely slim chance that you could lose £30?

Another Sup Forums thread on Sup Forums. Shocking.

why do you call it slim?

bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-39942246

fuck off with these stupid comments. sure is summer in here

Wasn't there a heat wave in Europe that killed like 30,000 people

dont know about all of erope but on the east side every fucking body has ac

It's free at the point of access.

If you are disabled and never had a job (and thus never paid taxes). You can still use it just like anyone else.

Its natural reaction when somebody points out that your country is not the best in every possible statistic

We really have the wrong image of America. Hollywood films are mostly to blame, since they present the life style of the upper ten thousand, which most Americans themselves experience though films. American observers waver between unlimited admiration and deep contempt. Superficial observers admire it, real experts always hold it in contempt. There is certainly much that is at first glance impressive in this new part of the world still in its adolescence.

The height of the skyscrapers is, however, no measure of the level of culture.

If the Americans lacked money, they would probably be the most despised people in the world. Superiority is nowhere as annoying as with them. They naturally build the best airplanes and tanks, and by the hundreds of thousands. They have the best generals and soldiers, and their defeats are only proof of their intelligence in destroying the bravery of their enemies. Their president is a demigod,

>air conditioner
Probably cause people with fat reserves of a fucking polar bear are not in the majority here. See Bergmann's rule. Americans are just too fat to live in a country as warm as the US.

>On the other hand we have germany, country that has free health care, budget surplus and their physicans make fair money
They do pretty well for a country that started and lost two world wars.

I'm more surprised to see Nigeria that far up the list actually.

I had fucking snow in may this year.

How would ac help when majority of people who died due to sun were spending too much time in the sun during heat wave or jump into water after hours on sun?

thanks pseudo hitler

Your image is irrelevant, the public transportation issue applies on a local scale too in the US. If you live somewhere that isn't NYC you need a car to get around inside your own city, that is absolutely ridiculous for a developed country.

>ITT
>americunts and eurofags measuring their dicks
What a bunch of assholes, at least americans don't have France.

>superior poojet standing aside
>pants down with his dicklet hanging
>shitting in the street

Majority of the cities in the North-East have decent to adequate public transportation but yeah pretty much everywhere else in the country is fucking awful.

Without being too optimistic about the issues of crime and poverty, it's still true that Nigeria has the largest, wealthiest, most important megalopolis on the entire continent and that's a real advantage in the modern economic world

Are you retarded? Everyone has Android and apple wallets in California. I haven't seen any of my physical cards in months.

>implying pajeet
Hahahaha it hit you hard, frenchie

I would expect European public transport to begin to degrade as your demographics become more similar to the United States

The "car culture" was born when people realized there were people you do NOT want to spend hours imprisoned in a metal tube with

I've noticed just recently trains in the EU have started exploding or having maniacs run around stabbing people so maybe car sales will tick up

Well Americans are fat and disgusting cant wake their lazy ass and work on some tech gigs

>when eurofags count just a few countries
>when amerifags just count a states
Come on, both of you are autistic as fuck and just are measuring dicks over the internet

Explain the 15000 French that died in a heatwave because they believe ac is "unhealthy."

>imblying baguette
try again pookachu

natural selection

I'm not talking about phone payments. I'm talking about contactless chips in debit cards.

Hardly anyone uses phone payments any more since they came out.

The Irish have been blowing up our trains for decades

Jesus, it's like you have never been to the US, and have no idea the distances involved.

They're french, they're naturally retarded.
Also, is this still about technology?

France is such a third world shithole they can't afford ac to keep from dying during the summer.

This whole thread is Sup Forums, but you fags are too scared to post there, so you come here and shit up the board with your circlejerks.

>american reading comprehension
I'm not talking about traveling across large distances (although WEU has the USA beat in this area too, a 9 hour train journey in Germany takes 14 hours in the USA - and that's a supposedly well-developed part of the country). I'm talking about how you physically cannot exist in the average American city/town without an automobile. Good luck walking to the store or school from your nice suburban home.

>scared
2manydicks4me plus hiro ruined it with the flags

Do Americans really live in places like this?

>Sup Forums raped me
The less you post about it, the better
Now, stop measuring your dicks with people you don't know

Why would anyone want to use public transportation? It's unfathomable why anyone would choose to travel with poor people and minorities rather than your own comfy vehicle. No one wants that shit here, or to have to pay for the trillions to get it.

Vegas is a crazy place

Yes, all 320 million or so.

>american """middle class""" person acts like he's above the riff-raff
every problem with the US can be explained by poor people who think they aren't poor hating the poor

Cash will be illegal soon to combat terrorism

i hope you get raped by debt, burger.

50% gross domestic product increase in 33 years
Holy shit my country is doomed, we had a 100% inflation in the last 15 years

We are so fottuti

yeah this is a pretty confusing thread topic

>not wanting disease and to choose your own path == bad
pleb

>reach into pocket
>take out wallet
>open wallet and look for the appropriate bills
>hand over to cashier
>wait 5 minutes while retarded teenager gets your change
>leave with goods
vs
>reach into pocket
>take out wallet
>tap wallet on contactless scanner
>leave with your goods

Not to mention the fact that muggings are so much more common in America because people carry around large amounts of cash, it's not profitable to mug people here because all they carry is a phone (which is a brick once stolen) and a credit/debit card (which is rendered useless within 5 minutes of the mugging)

Try living in the swamp known as the Southeastern United States without an air conditioner. I'm 180cm 86kg and I would unironically die without AC.

Ok lad, my salary is above Germonies average, so I can afford a car. Sorry you are so poor you have to take a train everywhere. Nothing stopping anyone from hopping on a plane and taking 4 hours to get across the US, unless you are poor.

>Nothing stopping anyone from hopping on a plane and taking 4 hours to get across the US, unless you are poor.
What if I don't want to be molested by a """"""""""""""""""security""""""""""""""" agency?

>Low standards of living
>The US

This is a myth that retards seem to keep spouting while ignoring that the standards of living in the US is better than most of Europe.

But what if you want to buy a watermelon from Cleetus?

This whole site is Sup Forums and this thread is where we discuss technology. Where do you think you are?

Quit trying to reason with the poors, they have obviously never looked at a map.

Europeans...have to pay for tap water at resteraunts

Funny to see everyone convinced i'm somehow an Ameriturd for pointing out this obvious lie.

Our healthcare isn't free, our physicians, nurses, paramedics and other medical personnel don't work for free. They work for money, money raised from taxes paid by us. It's not free, it's publicly funded, stop spreading lies you retarded shills.

And in before one of you faggots sperg out yes absolutely single payer is superior to the jewish abomination americans have. Still, doesn't make it free. Publicly funded.

what are you, a terrorist?

Hopelessly overblown meme. Thanks for confirming your ignorance.

And Americans can't drink tap water because it's toxic and makes them grow tits.

i remember when i was 14 and liked always pointing out how people are technically wrong

Amehricans... have to leave a tip at restaurants

>too dumb to open a window

And now your 15. Congrats

>open window
>heat wave rapes its way inside
>die
well done einstein

>Too stupid to look at a map

opening a window would literally make it worse you fucking retard

So now you're 14 and 6 months and started enjoying the rest of the world living in ignorance? Why?

A continent with daily terrorist attacks is trying to lecture an economically and culturally superior country about technology (even though the tech these Europeans are bragging about we're all developed and created in the US)

Maybe you guys should sort your refugee problem out before bitching about America on a Chinese politics forum.

The point is that "free" in the phrase "free healthcare" clearly refers to "free at the point of access". Of course it is being paid for by public money, noone actually believes it is free as in it's just magicked out of thin air. You're trying to argue against an imaginary person.

It's "free" and it only costs the 40 to 60% of your income you pay in taxes

Americans die in mass killings every day, why is it any better that it's white people doing those mass killings as opposed to sandniggers?

>clearly refers to "free at the point of access"
In your damage-controlling mind maybe.
Americans covered by insurance don't pay at the point of access either.
Yet not a single one of them refers to their system as "free" you dumb cunt.

A continent with daily terrorist attacks (even though they were all developed and created in the US) is trying to lecture an economically and culturally superior country about technology

Maybe you guys should sort your illegal immigrant problem out before bitching about Europe on a Chinese politics forum.

the murder rate is 80% minorities

Good thing I am NEET and don't pay taxes. Go back to work and pay for my healthcare you fucking pleb.

Americans actually pay more per capita for their various shitty bloated inefficient government healthcare schemes than Euros do for their universal healthcare, and then they have to pay for insurance on top of that.

You still get a bill from the hospital in America, it's just that your insurance provider pays it. You walk into a hospital, get stitched up, then walk out in Europe and there is no mention of money at any point.

Whole country is 80% minorities you wank.

Simple, Europeans has never had to pander to minorities with subhuman IQs that effectively destroyed the American education system. This is about to change though as Pajeet and his friends is coming to a European country near you.