Do you unironically support anything Stallman says beyond "free software is good"?

Do you unironically support anything Stallman says beyond "free software is good"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z8ugRM3-twc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah.
I especially agree on his views on patent laws and how it's literally communism designed to crush the small investor and enforce monopolies.

Commies hobbyists actually do, cause' they're retards

>tfw I get the reference

His views on what copyright should be, what purpose it should serve and how it should function to fulfill this purpose are excellent, and I think I agree more or less completely. Look up "Misinterpreting Copyright".

Yes.

yea he's spot on
what if the child consent

Nothing other than that, because he's autistic and misinformed.

I think you mean fascism

If you unironically supported Stallman, you would have dedicated a month to figuring out how to post without javascript, or at least force legacy captcha on every window instead of being only present in "Reply to Thread" windows.

Or you could just not post here at all.

yes. why?

I agree with basically everything stallman says except some of his politics because I'm more left leaning than him.

It only took like 3 days to figure that out.

no, reality persuaded me over the years that leftism is bad and wrong pretty much on everything

The only reason why free software works, is that there is proprietary software. If there's no proprietary software, There will be no reason for free software to improve (at least no as fast as is it right now).
That's why:
Linus Torvalds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fat autist

competiition is good. If there was no alternative to Windows they would have no reason to improve too
This "work for free" is also is bullshit when you pay for windows and let them datamine you, you pay to work.
On facebook you let them show you ads and they use your location to show you recommended people. Yet GNU Social doesn't has any ads or invades your privacy like that. You work for free with closed source, but work for free if you want under free software.

Free Software is "work if you want to benefit others and yourself" and "use if you want" while closed source is "work if you want to benefit only yourself" and "use if you want to accept conditions" it's a matter of choice. Don't forget there are many open source companies making more money than both of us combined.

Torvalds has no opinions about anything, he and Linux Foundation just wants Linux to be used, they don't care about freedom. That's why they're so happy a piece of shit like Android is the most used OS of today.

But Stallman said children are too easily coerced to give consent. If you simply google the single sentence, taken out of context, that haters keep pasting here, you should be able to easily find the full statement he made.

he's a communist, so your post makes no sense.

Coerced agreement isn't consent. If someone puts a gun to your head and says "suck my cock or I'll kill you," that doesn't mean it isn't rape. The primary component of consent is willingness.

>le free software is communism meme

Yeah, he's alright

Calm yo tits Stallman
>Torvalds has no opinions about anything, he and Linux Foundation just wants Linux to be used, they don't care about freedom. That's why they're so happy a piece of shit like Android is the most used OS of today.
He has opinions about a lot of things
>GPL 3 sucks dicks
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8ugRM3-twc

He is anti-plutocracy. He fits better on mutualism.

Not really. He's like the Marx of software. Not everything needs to be open source

his ego is hurt from "GNU/Linux" thing though. And don't remember Linux Foundation recommends printing GNU coding standarts and fucking burning it. Linux (F) is nothing but salty perkele people.
about his opinions, RMS started Free Software Movement, Linus just shared his code so people can comment it.

Yeah, and guess who bumped the FSF from being an edgy community of hippies to what it is today

kinda.
but i'm not elitisn and am for freedom of choice - pick the best from both words as long as proprietary counterparts are superior.
If the Open Source counterpart is on par, i'll pick that.

I agree with making free/open source/hackable software, but at the same time I'll need to work on proprietary stuff too in order to live.
He's never really addressed the fact that $$ is crucial to living.

>what it is today
An edgy community of hipsters?

I don't give a shit about that fat jew,I support FOSS.

I don't really listen to that toe-chewing faggot. Having access to the source is important for security but programmers still need to get paid.

You know what the biggest problem in the open source world is right now? The developers aren't getting paid while companies that use free software are unable to ask the devs to write in a certain feature. Either because they don't know how to communicate with the dev, don't want to pay enough or at all, etc.

If I wrote a badass piece of software you can bet your ass it'll be proprietary. I'm milking all the cash I can out of the cow.

>Muh cummyunitees

The "community" doesn't give a fuck whether or not I'll be able to pay rent so Fuck them too.

Welcome to the real world, Stallman.

No, and I don't really agree with "free software is good" either. Software is software, whether it's free, proprietary, or otherwise. It's not "good" or "bad" in any sense. People, and their intentions, determine what a computer does and how software interacts with them.

A comment smarter than anything I've ever heard Stallman say.

Thank you, but that really isn't saying much. The 60's hippie mentality didn't actually work for the hippies, and it sure as hell didn't work in software development - at least not the way they were hoping it would.

I'm glad that free software exists, but I'm elated that software exists. I'm thrilled that programmers who genuinely want to make useful software exist, regardless of their political leanings.

I agree with these two quotes
>There is little evidence to justify the widespread assumption that willing participation in pedophilia hurts children.
>I am skeptical of the claim that voluntarily pedophilia harms children. The arguments that it causes harm seem to be based on cases which aren't voluntary, which are then stretched by parents who are horrified by the idea that their little baby is maturing.
it's not taken out of context. you can say youre personally offended at how the little "but a lot of kids can't rly consent so" is often left out but it's nothing other than you getting triggered

>If there's no proprietary software, There will be no reason for free software to improve
>le fucking progress meme
Fuck improvement, bumper-polishing faggot. If it works well enough, it works well enough. If I want to improve it, I damned well can do that, and give the patches back if I feel like it.

>not taken out of context
>the little "but a lot of kids can't rly consent so" is often left out
Pick one, polnigger.

>Fuck improvement
GNU in a nutshell