Do reduced keyboards (+function shortcuts) worth it?

Do reduced keyboards (+function shortcuts) worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-vp3-62-key-iso-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Damn that's a nice keyboard.
Do you know what model it is?

>Is a subjective commodity worth it?
Stop shitposting, a thread died for this!

It's a WASD keyboards custom
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-vp3-62-key-iso-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html

test

>fewer keys
>fewer switches
>smaller everything
>more expensive

no they're for people with severe autisim

No, unless you are a autistic programmer.

that keyboard looks completely useless, is doesn't even have a pipe key

>he still uses the F row
60% is fine if you feel like you need those arows some versions still have them without accesing the function layer.

what is so good about those notebooks?

you have foot pedals for that

I don't think so.
I happen to use numpad a lot (entering a simple fucking phone number is a lot easier and faster with it).
And I have plenty of functions binded to the function keys (dwm for example).
I can't imagine having to use yet-another modifier to access them. Super + seems to be the last key combination i'd still consider easy to use while using a modifier.

And if space was a concern (a lot of these devices are marketed as "spacesaver", I'd probably get a trackball/thumbball mouse before a keyboard like this.

75% is the littlest you should go

naa, anything above 40% might as well be a full kb

also, it depends, do you Fkeys? do you use numpad? it's what YOU need. if you dont use them enough then you might be fine with just using fn layer for the missing keys. or for numpad , you can always get an external one, atleast that way you can position it however you want

Yes, but keep your old keeb if you need it

I don't understand what the point is of reduced keyboards. Tenkeyless is the only one that makes sense, it allows the mouse and keyboard to be closer for better ergonomics. Anything less and you are just removing keys for aesthetics.

Only for portables.

I didn't like it. I got a ten key less (full size minus numpad) and one like in your pic and could never get used to not having arrow keys.

It entirely depends.
If you input numbers/use excel sheets all fucking day, no, probably not unless you also have a numpad to use along with it. Also I guess if you use flight sims since those tend to use numpad for a lot of things.

If you're a codemonkey, a 60%/65% keyboard with proper layout/functions can and probably will be more efficient and a lot more comfortable than your off the shelf full-size or TKL.

For literal 60% form factor, Pure Pro is/was a really good option since it still retains arrow keys to make up for the relatively clumsy programmable side of it. Only problem is dealing with the 1u right shift.

If you needed/wanted F keys, image related(noppoo nano 75s) was an amazingly solid keyboard. Had an actual GUI program to do hardware-side rebind/macro's for both the top and F layer.
It's just a shame it uses a really retarded, chink-tier production quality proprietary lightning cable for USB, otherwise I'd still be using it.And as far as I've seen no one has actually mapped it so reproducing it would be a pain in the ass.

Keyboards smaller than TKL tend to have a much larger feature set like having full hardware-side programmable keys.
Turning caps lock into a function key, with WASD having arrow keys on the function layer tends to be more efficient than using arrow keys themselves.
Or having a full, large character or action count macro set up on the function layer can also be much more efficient, responsive and flexible than having to set up sharpkeys on every machine.

naa, anything above 2% might as well be a full kb

i do unironically want one of those

it's all we'll ever need

what about reduced mouses?

god tier

That's pretty cute desu

there is a pipe key retard

What do you mean you have more than 50 keys on your keyboard?

>44 keys
That's just wasting space, man.
Why would you ever need that many?

No, of course not. It's the same thing, but with less keys. You only use it if you're low on space and really need the room, or travel a lot with your own keyboard due to severe autism.