Am I wrong for considering a vizio tv for my next one?

Am I wrong for considering a vizio tv for my next one?

It's been almost 10 years since i bought my first lcd.

They're easily almost $1,000 less than the other TV's I've been looking at. 4k 65" and at 240 hz (p series)

Has anyone bought a vizio tv?

Tl; dr no name tv brand

>TV

Giant monitor then

Honestly, the only thin you should look for for "high end"
1) OLED
2)HDR
even HDR is questionable since there's little content for it. but usually OLED comes with HDR anyway

At the very look for least Backlit LED(not top and or bottom lit nor left and or right lit) w/ local dimming.

I really want an oled but what i want they're roughly $4,500 CAD

I could always wait a year or two until they become reasonable. I'm willing to spend about $2,500 currently

OLED is the latest. like I said the next best thing is Full Array Backli LED w/ local dimming. and dont get curved

Curved seems like a gimmick. Plus a tv wall mount seems like it would be a bitch

enjoy your shitty interpolated videos

I have a Vizio 39". It works fine, looks ok for a shit TN panel. It was one of the only dumb tvs left. I would buy one again, but won't until lcd/TN is dead.

They were accused of spying on people, I recommend ripping any wireless chip out of it if you are going to use it. A more reasonable action is just boycotting such firms.

Never knew this

>local dimming
JUST

Curved is a meme, like 3d was. HDR might never take off, we'll see. All decent tv's support it anyway.
OLED is fairly new and people fear of pixel rot. The reliability of those in the long term is yet to be proven.

The thing is with TV's is that you should not buy low-mid range models, they all suck equally. If getting a 55in+ TV, get one with local dimming, the difference is huge and you would kick yourself in the nuts for not getting it (especially for something that you will keep 10 years)

The most "trustworthy" tv manufacturer right now is probably Sony, they never included malware and spying crap in their tv's like samsung. I would not trust Visio since they were bought by LeEco.

X940E / X930E is the way to go. A better quality 55in is better than low quality 65in. The size meme is strong, don't fall for it.

Also, some LG OLED were on sale for CAD2K$ last BF.

Samsing and LG are known to be super lax on security, their smart TV's are full of security holes. Visio had a "glitch" where they sent 100% of your audio to china, 24/7. For "data analysis".

I would not buy chink TV.

OLED is a meme that only plasma babies try to push

Get a tv with full array local dimming like the Sony X900e which can give any OLED a run for its money and costs only a fraction

Very strongly considering the x900e or the 850

X850e is edge-lit, get the X900e as a minimum.

Bought 50" Vizio 4k TV February 2016. It's incredible value and excellent for gaming with the lowest input lag ever. Only missing feature is HDR.

People in this thread would have you believe otherwise

Is it normal I can't find x900e in Italy? Does it have another code in Europe?

Also, between the KS7000 and KS8000, which one should I get? Is the latter worth about 200-300 more?

>t. virgin beta

I'll never buy Samsung again

I got my 55" LG OLED TV for $2300 AUD.
It's amazing. I forgot how good it was until I saw my mates tv. I can never go back.

I bought a 55" 4k 240hz vizio tv. was worth it in my opinion. Great tv and because I bought it on base I only paid $750 and no tax. Looked better than the curved Samsung 4k tv that was next to it January 2016.

>implies backstory
>doesn't post it
LARPing faggot, explain yourself

What series?

My uncle got one of the LG OLEDs and complains bitterly about the motion not feeling 'right'

He does watch a lot of sport though.

If he has real motion on he should turn it off, it causes a lot of noise to surround fast moving objects

The motion interpolation for OLEDS in general isn't great

I have a 70" VIZIO I purchased from Costco. For the price, you can't beat it. The worst thing about it is the remote, but it's manageable.

Those were the ones i was looking at. And $100 for the extended warranty is a good deal

Is yours the 240hz model?

OLED owner here, tell him to do what said to get rid of the soap opera effect

I got the 2017 C7 and I love it

i was looking at getting an lg OLED55B6P should i?

LG processing sucks and their interface is terrible. If you have the money get the Sony AE1 instead

>Sony AE1
meant A1E but whatever

$5000 for a 65" inch

Fuck

>watching TV
boomers should just be gassed already

You're getting into OLED territory, son

You better be ready to pay the price

Pls no

>vizio
>no name
are you memeing

Go with Samsung's Q9 if you want a quality tv tho

>Samsung

Who's memeing who now?

>Q9
>$3,999.99
>Literally the best non-OLED TV on the market
>Even gives OLED sets a run for their money
>Doesn't come with a gay sound bar that you can't get rid of (LG)
>Has their one connect box

Not memeing.

sony has the best processing but have issues with input lag although it's not that bad depending on model.

grab a 900e when black friday rolls around you won't regret it.

>best non-OLED TV
>edge-lit
lol no. Z9D wins. Nobody gives a shit about some connect box when the OS is trash.

This is what I'm thinking

>OS
>trash
Okay bud
>Z9D
Literally just read someone saying they went from the Q9 to the G7 and didn't like how dark OLED is then went to the Z9D and think its colors accuracy and picture are worse.

>He doesn't have multiple rooms to steam content from his desktop or have an Android box

>Tizen
>not trash
lol
>anecdote
sure thing boy. remember that QLED was done by Sony first. Samsung will just milk their sheep next year when they finally add in FALD to their QLED sets, then once again when they actually get QD-LED TVs out.
also
>no Dolby Vision
>120hz PWM dimming
The thing can't even be considered a flagship TV.

>next year when they finally add in FALD to their QLED sets
They had FA in their SUHD line but deliberately removed it because it had a negligible impact with their new displays.
>Dolby Vision
Doesn't matter since it has HDR10+.

>negligible impact
>Doesn't matter since it has HDR10+
Keep shilling tard

You're clearly an anti-shill that probably felt like you were wronged by Samsung customer support and have a vendetta out against the company.
I wonder what it's like being so petty.

Any cheap 4k tv that I can use as a monitor?