What are the benefits, programming-wise, of using a macbook instead a thinkpad?

what are the benefits, programming-wise, of using a macbook instead a thinkpad?

you'll get more looks from grills

you can develop for macs

You can use a gesture to quickly hide what you're doing

A true POSIX-certified and OSG UNIX 03-standard OS with full driver support, as opposed to hobbyist best guesses backed up by the continued clusterfuck of Linux GPU and especially sound handling.

Sup Forums also hates newer Thinkpads, so while "still in support, can replace malfunctioning hardware same-day rather than waiting for DEFINITELY OEM PART NOT A MISLABELED COMCAST REMOTE to arrive from Aliexpress" isn't unique to Macbooks it's an advantage over the Thinkpads you'll be recommended here.

That said, if you work primarily in Windows, a Thinkpad is probably the best choice you'll find on the US market/with an ANSI layout.

what if you're a grill

Compile for iOS without VM headaches.

Windows has this

You can feel superior to neckbeard nerds.

Doesn't change anything.

You'll look better and have a dead-silent machine

Who is this.

Lighter and making software for mac os/iOS is easier. Also OS is comfy.

iOS dev

Posix compliance, stable unix-like environment, an OS that doesn't rape whatever system it's on, great build quality, full OS/hardware integration(one is meant for the other and takes advantage of that)

I want to impregnate Tsubasa.

is this bait i haven't seen this one before

the friend i watch anime with says she is the least interesting character and that's fucking stupid how can someone so powerful and mysterious and cute be the least interesting it make me so MAD!!

You'll learn to write efficient code because you'll be stuck on 800MHz.

What chinese cartoon is this from?

>an OS that doesn't rape whatever system it's on

But in return the licencing and SLA rape you instead.

Are you running Linux on the Thinkpad?
1. Better hardware support
2. Better battery life

Are you running Windows on the Thinkpad?
1. You don't have to run a babby muh-gaems OS like windows.

>better hardware support
>better battery life
>Linux

kek

high res screens up to 2560x1440 have shown to increase productivity. macbooks have 2560x1440 i think, new thinkpads have 1366x768 which is GARBAGE. the t420 has 1600x900 which is a little better.

mac os is okay. you can use visual studio, which i don't think is usable on low resolutions. i would use emacs and terminal instead anyway.

macbooks keyboards suck shit though

If you think mac has better hardware support than linux then you are beyond fucking saving.

>new thinkpads have 1366x768
haha le trole

All the ones I looked at do. I even have one that is, but I forget what model.

You can get none of the real Thinkpads (X, T and P series) with less than 1920x1080. Even among the cheap shit ones you generally have a 1080p option.

The 1366x768 ones cost like 500$ new, why are you comparing these to Apple products?

Please fact check before posting.

>implying this is something anyone has been affected by

fucking commies

and a good (you) to you too sir