Extended Tic Tac Toe

First of all I'm posting because I'm quite happy that I could finish this game, this is why I'm sharing it here.

>Extended Tic-Tac-Toe
I found a more complex version of Tic Tac Toe on the internet, which is also pretty easy to doodle, so I decided to make small application.
(is called also ultimate tic-tac-toe, nested tic-tac-toe)

The goal is to win with the big squares. Each big square is a Tic-Tac-Toe game, that can be won with the normal rules. The placement of a sign determines in which subsequent big square the game is played.
see next post for instructions

>The game

The game code is available on my github:
github.com/Pella86/ExtendedTris
The application is written with python with only native libraries.
For windows users I bundled it in an application (9.64 Mb):
github.com/Pella86/ExtendedTris/blob/master/ExtendedTris.zip

>Questions

1. I have a bug, when I press new game, is like if the Board doesn't get initialized, so the BigCells, instead of having None, they have the previous game settings. How would you reinitialize a tkinter game?

2. I want to implement an A.I., do you have any suggestions? A state search is an option, but might get computationally intensive.
For now I had suggestions to look into the MinMax algorithm, and somebody suggested the Quantum Tic Tac Toe. I think the minmax will be awesome for the small squares, but for the big one game, would be not so useful. Would you mind telling me your strategies? Ill try to translate them to code.

_you lost it_

Other urls found in this thread:

xkcd.com/832/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This might be useful for your AI

xkcd.com/832/

Tic-Tac-Toe is a simple game, and there is a trick, which if one starts, one will never lose.

>xkcd.com/832/
This is pretty sexy... physical stimulating

You gonna cum bro? It's cool if you are.

Here are the instructions to play

>windows
just fuck off

tkinter and python are multi platform. Only the binary is for windows.

if you don't know how to install it, you are either a peasant or an applefag.

why just copy the flash game in verbatim? why not add your own spin on it? 3d extended tic tac toe or something

true i was thinking why stop at 2x, could go nx amirite

>why just copy the flash game in verbatim?
I didn't even know there was a flash game, I just remember reading the rules somewhere and I made it

>why not add your own spin on it? 3d extended tic tac toe or something
I wanted to exactly what is there, not a 3d or 4d version that I can rip off from anywhere and I dont even know what you mean by spin.

I'm just happy I made this version and I'd like to make an AI for it, that's it. I don't want to do something new.

by 'own spin' I was meaning do something creative with the idea, because the original has been done before, and it has both, ai and online multiplayer.

Also 3d and 4d have been made, I just made it as an exercise, I'd like people to review my code and to give me suggestions on how they play this version.

this could've easily been a webapp. I ain't downloading shit

Uhm we are on Sup Forums not on Sup Forums, you should look at the code, not play it, dumbass.

Bug in detail

I used to play this in high school, but we always got to a weird point, where you would be sent to a square that's already full

Does this avoid that somehow?

Yes it does, that is one of my winning strategies, send the AI to already won game, so he loses the move.

*No it doesn't, ...

How does the order make any sense? Woudln't it just be simplier to have a regular tic tac toe where the wins would determine your "move" on the larger grid?

Oh shit I get it now, nevermind didn't read the pic entirely

>A state search is an option, but might get computationally intensive.
Kek, it's literally a turn based game, if you make keeping track of the state computationally expensive you are one big dumbfuck.

chess is turn based and has some vey high numbers of states.