/pcbg/ - PC Building General

If you want help:
>Assemble your parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>State the budget for your build (and country if not the USA)
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?
How to assemble a PC, select components & more (kind of outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

CPUs:
No i5 unless discounted
>G4560/G4600 - Budget builds (R5 1400 - Cheapest quad core you can get (Ryzen 3 soon)
>R5 1500x - Good but up to 1600 if you can
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; 1600x if you want higher stock clocks
>i7 7700k - Only for 144hz
>R7/Used Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/VM/mixed use; Not for just gaming

GPUs:
Coin miners have driven price up and stock down, waiting to buy a GPU might be wiser
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>GTX 1050(Ti) - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games, RX560 beaten by both
>RX570 - 1080p@60~hz maxed, running most maxed older games at 100~Hz
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@80hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; RX580 better in newer games
>GTX 1070 - 1080p@130hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p
>GTX 1080Ti - 1440p@144hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games

RAM:
>Check your Mobo QVL before buying any RAM
>Ryzen CPUs benefits a lot from high speed RAM

General:
ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor.
The Ryzen lineup comes with surprisingly good stock coolers. consider using them over any

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Vy36Z8
pcpartpicker.com/list/Vy36Z8/by_merchant/
pcpartpicker.com/list/vY3b9W
pcpartpicker.com/list/6F7Wqk
pcpartpicker.com/list/CgWYGf
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3hnHM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Someone was butthurt enough to modify the OP to intel. Jesus christ.

AMD SHILL THREAD HIDE AND SAGE

It's a guy that is very butthurt because he keeps trying to delete the 7700k completely from the OP (by force, aka creating a thread as soon as possible to prevent people from doing so), and keeps getting btfo'd over and over
He's gotten a ban recently for shitting up one of the previous threads, and has recently turned to falseflagging to shit it up even further
Just ignore him and his thread, report if possible, and everything will be good as always.

samefag

How desesperate.

AMD pajeets cannibalizing themselves
pottery

S A M E F A G
A
M
E
F
A
G

1500 usd
PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/Vy36Z8
Price breakdown by merchant: pcpartpicker.com/list/Vy36Z8/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($308.87 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - Z270 Killer SLI/ac ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($102.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($131.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($90.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING X 8G Video Card ($799.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: Corsair - SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1565.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Is this worth for the 1080? I wanna get into gaming and streaming without drawbacks.

>streaming without drawbacks.
Why not an R7 1700 then? Or do you intend to stream using the GPU?
Doesn't make much sense when you can stream with a 1700 for a quite cheaper price overall

>7700k
go to the real thread
these fags will just shill you amd

If you want to game and stream then get a Ryzen 7 1700

Fuck off retard.

fuck off AMD POOJEET POORFAG

>hyper 212 on that budget
>no NVMe
>is 1080 worth it
>streaming and gaming
nope, ryzen 7 and Vega (or gtx1070).

stop spamming AMDPOORFAG

For streaming you'd be far better off with Ryzen. The Hyper 212 is shit, buy something better if you're spending that much money.

AMDPOORFAG DETECTED

I fart out a POOPIE on this shitty thread, pack it up pajeet you lost

And last time you did it you got fucked and got a 3 days ban and the threads were perfectly calm yet again
Sperging is pointless.

pcpartpicker.com/list/vY3b9W

just ignore him and he'll go back to his own thread

pcpartpicker.com/list/6F7Wqk

Better CPU (for what you want), much better CPU cooler (though you could remove it entirely since the 1600 comes with a decent cooler) and faster RAM, for slightly less money.

JESUS PROTECTS ME

>amd

you forgot PSU.
for only $50 more you can get a 500GB NVMe SSD that's significantly faster.
for €20 more you can get a 3TB HDD.
i think H5 is slightly better than that Noctua cooler.

stop shilling amd you fucking homosexual, im going to fistfuck your boipucci

wow that cat has a tight asshole

Okay serious question. I have an rig with an 6700k/gtx1080, and I was looking to get into twitch streaming or similar. Now after looking through /pcbg/ for the past few months I was almost about to sell my PC and start a Ryzen build for the sake of high framerate gaming...until I got a webcam and did some testing.

I was recording, doing web browsing, running discord, etc, all while playing PU Battlegrounds, which is notoriously poorly optimized. At 1080p, in ultra, I'm still hitting 80+ fps in firefights, 120 fps in static environments....which is almost exactly what I get when I'm only running the game by itself.

So what gives, why does everyone shit on the Intel chips when it comes to multitasking? I see the cinebench results and they are impressive, but it doesn't seem to match up with the current fervor that Intel chips can't keep up when using multiple programs, because they can.

ur gay and god hates fags

you would too if you had scar tissue in your rectum from getting fucked by a spiny cock

do you ever get tired of being a nigger? im going to penisulate your mom

Lol my cheap sata M.2 cold boots in less than 15 seconds, 25 if when I run through the BIOS screen. How much faster could an NVMe be?

sup Sup Forums

6700k is still perfectly fine for streaming (as your testing showed), no need to upgrade.

but it's a better value to buy Ryzen if you're upgrading from anything less than an i7.

and they shit on Intel because AMD is much cheaper for almost the same performance.

>you forgot PSU
He doesn't have a PSU in his original build, so I assume he already owns one.

>for only $50 more you can get a 500GB NVMe SSD that's significantly faster
For only $500 more you can get [x].

>for €20 more you can get a 3TB HDD
Good fucking luck with having an Ultrastar in your desktop. Enjoy hearing the noise it makes from the next town over. I fell for that meme with a build I made a few years ago and had replaced it with a WD Red within two weeks.

>i think H5 is slightly better than that Noctua cooler
They perform about the same, but the Noctua is smaller, quieter, has a better warranty and comes with AM4 support out of the box, rather than needing to order a kit.

r8 my build m8s, 8/8?
I'm trying to go all AMD, no Intel or Nvidia.
Then Samsung where I can because I really like their shit (except for anything they put TouchWiz or Tizen on).
Followed by Corsair because I like their aesthetic.

So it's kind of themed by the companies I want to support the most.
Although, I went with the GIgabyte mobo because it's exactly what I need, without any extra bells and whistles, and the G.Skill RAM because it's high speed, low latency, and good compatibility with Ryzen.

I'm still waiting on the RX Vega, though. They're not looking as good as I was hoping, but I want FreeSync, so hopefully one of the RX Vega GPUs will be roughly the power of a GTX 1080 at roughly the price of a GTX 1070.

pcpartpicker.com/list/CgWYGf

>amd
amd supports mudslimes

That's unfortunate, but I'd rather support FreeSync of G-Sync.
Ain't no niggas ever gonna get G-Sync in their TVs; FreeSync is gonna be in everything.

>why does everyone shit on the Intel chips when it comes to multitasking?
>it doesn't seem to match up with the current fervor that Intel chips can't keep up when using multiple programs, because they can.
That is said about the i5s CPUs in general, not i7. i7 will still do good, but say you run something intensive like BF1 then it'll start shitting the bed. Whereas an R7 1700 can stream without any problem while playing any game there is, it's just straight up superior. But yeah, it doesn't mean you cannot stream on non-Ryzen CPUs.

>implying only boot speeds matter

>For only $500 more you can get [x].
50% higher cost for over 300% more performance and 100% more capacity. you're a fucking moron.

>Good fucking luck with having an Ultrastar in your desktop
there's 2TB options from other brands and models. 1TB drives are fucking terrible options these days.

>They perform about the same, but the Noctua is smaller, quieter, has a better warranty and comes with AM4 support out of the box, rather than needing to order a kit.
good points

i fucking wank out a good one to this everyday

>I was recording, doing web browsing, running discord, etc, all while playing PU Battlegrounds, which is notoriously poorly optimized. At 1080p, in ultra, I'm still hitting 80+ fps in firefights, 120 fps in static environments....which is almost exactly what I get when I'm only running the game by itself.
Were you putting the load on the CPU or GPU?
Considering how strong a GTX 1080 for 1080p, i'm fairly sure the load was on the GPU.

>cheaper for same performance.

Any Ryzen chip that's cheaper than a 6700k can't hit the same numbers in real world testing, only particular benchmarks.

those lips were made for sucking cock

u w0t m8?

I run my games off my M.2 too. In Fallout 4 i don't even have time to read the loading screens

>ryzen
WAIT FOR VEGA AMDBROS

Can't say there is anything wrong in there, though where is the PSU?

My CPU was creeping up to 50c even with my fat 280mm rad, so there was a lot of load on it.

nice graph fag

overpriced RAM.
you can get 500GB NVMe SSD for under $200.
check review on the monitor (that does UFO test) to confirm it's actually 100Hz and can output that and doesnt drop frames.
meme keyboard and mouse.

rest is fine

You realize in that graph that they keep swapping the 7700k and the 1700x to keep the better one on top and in most of those the 7700k performs better.

you're still missing the point, go look at some stats and benchmarks.

that's not how you check actual load.

it also costs a lot more

Shit, I forgot about the PSU because I'm still waiting on the GPU and always do the PSU last.

It's currently at 159W and the RX Vega is rumored to be anywhere from 200-300W.
If it's 300W, that puts my build at 460W.

So, should I get a 550W PSU or spend the extra $10-$20 in case I ever want dual GPUs and go with a 750W PSU?

stop samefagging you dont fool anyone homo

>fuck off AMD POOJEET POORFAG

Do you honestly think that a 7700k can play AND steam?

would i be better off getting the anus b350-f strix for 546 pln or the msi b350 carbon for 528 pln?
looking at memory support, the msi is much better, i couldn't even find a single 3200 mhz kit under 650 pln which would be listed as supported, while msi claims the b350 carbon supports pretty much any kit i can find in stores
also the anus board has no ps/2, not sure how much that means these times
i've already ordered the ryzen 5 1600 so now i need to decide on the mobo pretty soon

if AMD get 600W.

never get dual GPUs it's a meme, it's better to replace with one better card.

what the fuck is a pln?

t. polack

1. I've been following the Ryzen chips since they were released. Except the number crunching benchmarks, it doesn't seem very well utilized

2. Please tell me how to check load

3. They're the same price but 7700k has no bugs and has more motherboard flexibility

>overpriced RAM.
All 3200Mhz 14CAS RAM is expensive, but Ryzen benefits a lot from high speed RAM. I don't mind paying more to eliminate bottlenecks.

>you can get 500GB NVMe SSD for under $200.
I don't want 500GB, though. I want 1TB of M.2 RAM because I want the fewest cables in my build and the fastest speeds.
Plus, I wouldn't need to upgrade that Samsung 960 EVO shit for a looooong time.

>check review on the monitor (that does UFO test) to confirm it's actually 100Hz and can output that and doesnt drop frames.
I didn't even know I could do that, thanks for the info.
What's the UFO test and where can I search this monitor's results in it?

>meme keyboard and mouse.
Fair enough, but I like RGB expernals, the keyboard has Cherry MX Silent switches (my girlfriend always complains about and Cherry MX switches I've had being too loud), and I'm a WoWfag, so that mouse is great for me.

The series of PSUs I'm interested in only come in 550, 650, 750, etc.
So should I go with 550 or 650?

If you want gaming AND streaming then definitely look into Ryzen. 1080 is fine, only consider Vega if you are not looking to build to immediately. I am in no way suggesting you wait for it as some might, but it may be another option if that lines up with your time frame. Mining craze is dying down but 1070 prices are still high so may as well go 1080, and certainly so if you are targeting higher refresh rates and resolutions.

Your RAM and CPU shouldn't be a bottleneck.

The M.2 drive is fine

And anything meme is usually worth the hype.

Read

Thanks! :3

>if AMD get 600W.
Lol no, the difference is way to slim to justify getting a 600w over a 550w, you have a hell lot of headroom with either

1. what
2. resource monitor or openhwmon
3. 1700 is almost $50 cheaper for more cores/threads. ryzen 5 performs almost identical in most tasks that are threaded for almost half the price

since AMD uses more power get the 650W

>CL14
that explains it but im not sure how much of a difference that makes in performance vs CL15 and 16 to make it worth it.

>I don't want 500GB, though. I want 1TB of M.2
my point was that there are cheaper options than Samsung PRO series for the same storage.
>RAM
wut?

>What's the UFO test
google monitor ufo test
>and where can I search this monitor's results in it?
i dont know of any site that has a repository for them. search for reviews and just go thru them and see if they do it.

guess mouse and kb is fine for you then.

>Buying a used Xeon workstation with an E5-1620 and 16GB DDR3 RAM is more than $100 cheaper than what an equivalent performing CPU, Ryzen 1500X, 16GB DDR4 RAM and motherboard alone would cost new

So exactly why would I buy a PC new? If your budget is less than $800 then it makes no sense whatsoever to buy a PC new since any CPU worse than the 1600 isn't worth buying at retail price.

The only drawbacks I can see is that it's relatively power hungry and has limited upgradability but I can just sell it when I'm going to build a new rig.

it's only $10

>So exactly why would I buy a PC new?
to get the latest features the platform offers, if they appeal to you that is. otherwise, not really any.

>it's only $10
That doesn't mean it's necessary

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3hnHM8

Budget is £800
For Video Editing, CAD, light gaming
Plan it future to add another 8GB ram + HDD

>>RAM
>wut?
I meant to say SSD, not RAM.
Thank you for all your input.

>50% higher cost for over 300% more performance and 100% more capacity. you're a fucking moron.
You're the only fucking moron here, friend. A gaming/streaming rig will get precisely zero benefit from the extra speed. Spending more money for zero reason is the mark of a fucking moron.

>muh capacity
Actually, recommending SSDs for storage is the mark of a fucking moron.

>there's 2TB options from other brands and models. 1TB drives are fucking terrible options these days.
For just [x] more money, right? There's literally nothing wrong with a 1TB drive for basic storage needs.

Sorry that your build was bad, but there's no need to chimp out and start hurling insults. Though since you slipped a € in there by accident, I guess the cap fits...

OVERSHILL MAXIMUM SAMEFAGGOTRY

me on the left

me on the right

looks good to me though i'd get the HDD now instead, unless you think you can hold on 500GB long enough

fuck you and fuck your faggot dad

> Spending more money for zero reason is the mark of a fucking moron.
>100% more storage for only 50% more cost is not a reason
uhu

>recommending SSDs for storage is the mark of a fucking moron.
just because you dont have enough shit you want to store on a fast drive doesnt mean no one else doesnt have.

>just X money right
you seem to be ignoring the performance(and capacity)/cost aspect.

the only moron here is you, fuck off back to Sup Forums if you cant argue properly

you die of aids

>says the ban dodging intel fanboy
just fucking off yourself already you waste of life.

>Good fucking luck with having an Ultrastar in your desktop. Enjoy hearing the noise it makes from the next town over. I fell for that meme with a build I made a few years ago and had replaced it with a WD Red within two weeks.
Anyone else have this experience? Was about to pick one of these up.

good but should get a better GPU.
also corsair CX is meh.

you are a loser

Stop the f sharps and buy the neon bible

you should stick a rebar up your ass

you should pull out the one you have in yours

oy vey goyims, which GPU should I be looking at to pair with an r5 1600 @ 3.7ghz, if I want 1080p @144hz?

1080? 1080 vega equivalent?

nigger thread

how many times do I have to report this faggot before mods ban him.

useless fucking janitors.

mainly playing war thunder and an occasional AAA title.

i stuck it in ur mom you niggerfaggojewheberetard

i am a administratler you loser, im alowed to btfo amdfags

war thunder is a game for jews and jews arent people

check some 144hz benchmarks. dont think AMD can do 144hz in many AAA games, at least if you want high settings.

janny is busy fapping in his own chinkshit thread if he's even browsing the board right now.

I dont need to cap the refresh rate, I just want that multicore + freesync smoothness.

>Do you honestly think that a 7700k can play AND steam?
If you splash some water on it, probably - it'll get hot enough

ah ok, then the CPU you listed is completely fine.

i'd get 1070 or Vega. 1080 is not worth the money for 1080p.

Looking to upgrade my PC, I only want a new GPU. Currently got:
>phenom ii 1055t
>4gb ram
>amd hd5770

I play at 720p and need somehting cheap (less thna 100€) and that will last me at lest 3 years