Antergos

I just installed it today.

Anyone else use this? Thoughts?

Install solus.

I have Antergos running on all my machines. It's one of those "it just works" distros based off arch. It's been very good to me.

That's kinda my experience so far.

I just came from Debian, which required me to load external firmware during installation for my wireless card to work. Then, once it was installed, I had to fix the volume buttons, and the scroll wheel.

So far, no such problems with Antergos.

is this a meme?

Good distro

very good distro. its arch without the autistic install part

>autistic install
It's only autistic if you are too autistic to install it.

It's just unnecessary. I've installed it a bunch of times and now I just cba anymore. Sure, the installation is quick but I cba download all the basic software Antergos provides out-of-the-box. I'm going to download like 90% of the shit Antergos comes with anyways so why would I take the slower road?

/thread

t. arch user

I agree. Once I learned to install Arch, installing it on multiple machines became a pain in the ass. I got Arch to learn how to install Linux from scratch, but eventually I made a script to save time because it's an unnecessary process. Then I switched to Antergos.

c-can I be your Arch-based OS tonight?

As much as Mint can be my Debian-based OS tonight. So get the fuck out. Ohh, and remember your ssl-certificates!

antergos is a meme that has no place anywhere

>bloated rolling release advertised as easy and bundled with deprecated software while using arch repos and not any of their own so they might be able to mitigate problems

read as:
>sysadmin nightmare distributed as an "easy to use" distro of arch linux

seriously, just fucking do the install yourself, you install what you need and you manage what you need
arch is designed with this in mind not some bullshit like antergos

Besides defaulting with GNOME, what benefits does Antergos provide versus Manjaro as a 'just-werks' arch-based solution?

or use manjaro, they use their own repos and so things stay manageable because they manage it upstream

filthy casual.

nothing don't use it manjaro is better

use arch anywhere then, not antergos

i want this meme to die

what a fucking stupid name

Very good, my main OS. Better than Manjaro.

Hmm, arch-anywhere looks better than my script. I'll give it a shot.

Manjaro, Sabayon, or Solus

Which is the spiciest just werks distro?

Installing Arch is not the problem. Setting up & downloading the packages and services is.

nice ad

it's fine; way better than the previous they had(Cinnarch)

it's really good, i've used it a few times now, you choose what to install and it works
HOW
what does that even mean?
it's a fucking pacman -S command and MAYBE a systemctl enable command?

anyway arch-anywhere does all of that for you anyway which is my point

Could you recall how you got the wifi firmware working on debian? I'm probably about to run into the same issue when I install it.

I have everything I need ready after the installation. I have absolutely zero problems with Antergos, why would I change?

because system management is important and antergos bundles more than you probably know how to manage considering you are making the arguments you are making right now, including deprecated software, it also does nothing to promote proficiency in using the base distro in the first place leading to the most likely result of a broken install and people whining about how arch is so unstable or whatever

arch-anywhere installs what you choose to install and thus you install what you need and don't need to deal with anything else, which is the entire point of a minimal distro in the first place, and just a Better Experience

>Arch Anywhere Installer
bruh

You have to download the firmware (iwlwifisomethingorother.ucode) and copy it onto a storage device. make sure the firmware is stored in /firmware/ on the storage device.
During the installation process, you'll have to or something and mount the external device manually with "mount".
once it's mounted the installer should be able to find it

to shorten this

antergos claims to make things easier but makes things harder for new users because it does nothing to promote proficiency, and for experienced users alike as it's a difficult system to manage out of the gate being bloated and bundling deprecated tools

lmao senpai enjoy your shit getting stolen on manjaronahole. it is also bloated, unlike antergos and arch.

contrary to how it seems due to the Scary Command Line, antergos is HARD MODE

a from scratch install is EASIER

Antergos brings nothing new to the table. If you wanna use arch, install arch through command line, you learn a lot in the process. It's also disgusting how even on minimal installs, they include tons of ugly gtk themes and icon themes, and on cinnamon they include uninstallable cinnamon themes.

i don't use manjaro, it just has more of a place in existence than antergos does as it maintains stability by keeping it's own repos

i use arch that i installed myself

I can install arch or whatever OS on this planet my eyes closed but it's still autistic, if u don't like this statement go talk to our lord L.torvalds.

Oh well, I've never tried Arch Anywhere, I've always just gone with Arch or Antergos. I have quite a few machines on Ubuntu LTS and I'm about to switch three of them I use the most to Arch (or Antergos). Hell, I hate Arch and Arch based distros nowadays but I don't have the time to go with Gentoo and Tumbleweed is a mess. Are you saying I can do it with Arch Anywhere as quickly and easily as I'd be able to do it with Antergos? Honestly, at this point I don't care about anything else than getting a bleeding edge system up and running with the software I need asap.

I bet they paid for with the GIANT advertising budget that all distros have.

...what?

Manjaro has laughably poor security.

torvalds doesn't give a shit about anything but the kernel except when he does and when he does he has nothing good to say
yes, arch-anywhere very nearly as easy, and has a very cool looking curses-esque installer
>implying Sup Forums posts cost money

this post pains me

I run arch and tried both antergos and manjaro

I like manjaro so much more and use it in virtualbox for testing
it gots its own identity, very polished, great looking.
while antergos felt like installer for bare ugly arch
even though I run arch with i3wm and I guess minimum should be expected from me, antergos just has no place for me

Don't you know? Any distro that's larger than 1GB fully installed, uses more than 50MB ram, or uses more than 10% of a Celeron's processing power is BLOATED!.

i am actually very convinced this post is full of people or a person that has come here with the express purpose of shilling antergos for some purpose

To add to this; when you know what firmware your device needs, you can also enter a tty and manually copy or move to from your usb to your soon-to-be debian install (/lib/firmware)

Arch for fags

nitrodubz is a stupid name.

fuck u man

I just don't see the point, much like . Don't care for Manjaro either, but at least I could see myself recommending it to someone, unlike Antergos.

And lastly, if you install any Arch derivative or to lesser extent if you install Arch using an unsupported third party script, please don't post on the Arch forums trying to get help. That's just a waste of time for both you and those trying to help. Thank you.

damn nitrodubz, you hooked it up again