MPC-HC is dead. What are the alternatives?

MPC-HC is dead. What are the alternatives?
VLC - shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174738
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

mpv
or just use mpc hc its not like it wont work

smplayer

>thing is perfectly usable
>ditches it because it's considered obsolete by the masses
Fuck off consumerist whore.

Fuck off.

there is nothing wrong with mpc-hc
you should be using mpv if you're on linux anyways

>Dead.
>Last update 16 July.
>For quite a few months now, or even years, the number of active developers has been decreasing and has inevitably reached zero. This, unfortunately, means that the project is officially dead and this release would be the last one.
Fucking retard.

Wait, what is wrong with VLC?

It's bad

Windows - MPC-HC
Linux - MPV
OS X - iina

mpv.

>Memempv.
Lol'd

>durr i cant watch muh faggy animes now :(((
Whatever, kid.

Call me green and all but is this a problem?

I mean, I often dont update such software at all and nothing was wrong so far.

Fuck off consumerist whore.

mpv

/thread

Plex.

>What are the alternatives?
keep using mpc-hc, it's just a shell for a long time
all the real work is done by LAV and madvr anyway

VLC

Nigga why you even here?

Why does it need an update? It works just fine.

mpc-hc

Because this is Sup Forums, a board for the discussion of technology.

If you want to talk about chinese pedophile cartoons there is a board solely dedicated to you and your cancerous kind. Sup Forums

>During the release of 1.7.13 an announcement was made, that it might be the last official release due to a lack of developers. Since then, several people have contacted the project admin (XhmikosR) with the offer to help. So the project is still alive. Basic maintenance tasks (like updating external components such as LAV Filters) are covered. Ideally we would like to get some actual real development action going too. So we need new and more developers.
forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174738

I'm sorry, but is the use of the n-word here even necessary? Please refrain from using such language on a blue forum or I'll be forced to report you.

Cheers.

Why is VLC shit? Genuinely curious.

I'm sorry friend, I'll try to control my language better in the future on this family friendly board

Because it's a bloated piece of shit! It's 2017, why does it have a gui?

But why?

kek he actually wants to know why its shit. You're probably a VLC user

Is there any actual functionality missing, or should I keep using it as long as I don't feel the bloat? (I never thought o it as bloated)

Yup, but I'm not trying to defend it. If you can explain to me what mpv or any other alternative has that VLC doesn't, I'll switch.

Sup Forums's opinion is law, and I am Sup Forums. You are not allowed to have your own opinions and favourite programs.

I sentence you to trying to figure out how to setup mpv FOREVER.

BS.Player good enough to watch all the pirated movies and tv series, is the only one i ever used tho

easy shortcuts to rewind, play/pause change screen ratio etc.

So Its the Arch of video players? Is their an Antergos of video players?

What exactly is bad?

Honestly they're both fine. I use VLC for my DVD's because I haven't put any thought into how to make MPV do it.

MPV just werkz, but you have to do a little configuration of the profile. Should be easy and fine enough that a normie could use it.

not dead, vlc isnt quite shit, and mpv.

> media player
> why does it has gui
Loled. Are you a ms[spoiler]piz[/spoiler]dos user or whatever?

MPC-BE and smplayer

>What are the alternatives?
VLC
>VLC - shit.
No you

Objectively the best media player in existence. Only people that disagree are butthurt FOSS-fags that can't use it.

>Almost entirely CLI.
>A normie could use it.

Maybe with a front end (and I hope that's what you're talking about), but if not, well, I don't think the word "normie" means to you what it means to me.

use smplayer with mpv with the mpc-hc skin hehe

MPC-QT

MPV for video processing, QT for gui

>not using realplayer

Plays everything perfectly and is the most functional video player on Earth. Wherein comes the 'dead' part?

ffpay, Baka MPlayer, mpv

t. fat self-loathing pedophile weeb

Edit: ffplay

>doesnt post the original version

I enjoy VLC now it doesn't want to spend a billion years rebuilding font cache

>totem

I don't trust them

MPC-BE

But can I say NIBBERONI? Or NIGGAROO? Or even NIB-NOB NIBBERIDOO-DAROO?

>it's considered obsolete by the masses
>"the masses" = the half-dozen or so, fat, anti-windows neckbeards on Sup Forums who haven't left their basement in three years

pic relate

(OP)
>MPC-HC
>dead

Pick one. MPC-HC is the best media player available for Windows. I install with the Full version of K-Lite codec pack using ffdshow and some very specific settings. Follow this guide, watch a video of your choosing, then give me your thoughts on MPC-HC once again:

Uninstall your MPC-HC and let the uninstall remove your old settings if it asks. Download the current FULL version of MPC-HC from codecguide.com. Install it. Choose to run Codec Tweak Tool at the end of the install. In the Tool, click on DirectShow Filters. Click on "ffdshow video decoder (x64)". Right-click in the window to the right. Choose "Set all stable formats to libavcodec". Click Apply. Click OK. Click "ffdshow audio decoder (x64)". Same thing there, set all stable formats to libavcodec. Close the Tool. In your start menu, click on Media Player Classic in your K-Lite Codec Pack folder. Click View>Options. Click Internal Filters. Uncheck everything there. Click Apply. Click External Filters. Click Add Filter. Find ffdshow Video decoder. Click on it. Click OK. Click Add Filter. Find ffdshow Audio decoder. Click it. Click OK. Close the media player. Find your movie file. Click it. Choose to open it with MPC-HC. Enjoy stutter-free video.

Or I could just download mpv and click on my chinese cartoon of choice.

nigger detected

I use SMPlayer

>2017
>using codec packs
>using ffdshow

smplayer + mpv

RACE IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT OOGA BOOGA MUFUGGIN BIX NOOD

mpv like any decent human

while "racism" is against the rules so is announcing reporting retard

See

There is literally nothing wrong with MPC-HC

(You).

Works fine for me.

What are the other players that show me stats, especially frame drops so I can autistically reconfigure everytime I watch something?

Amen, hard to take these anime weirdos seriously.

Yes indeed good sir. An excellent choice, if I do may say so myself.

mpv

I'm on windows though.

mpv with stats.lua

I'm too

>all alternatives are autistic or pixellating
Well, this one windows film app doesn't look so bad.

>MPC-HC is dead.
im using it perfectly fine
whats the problem again?

MPV just got VP9 and the newest opus and recently it got blurays

theres no reason not to use it any more honestly

>inb4 muh presets
customize the hotkeys

Where is your NGU?

MPC-BE

Don't fall for the autistic mpv meme. It's shit.

New developers who are going to work on it have been found. The project is no longer dead.

1/10 made me reply.

ez (You) ez life AND it's anime

Retard's way
>no longer use a program that's not updated
Smart people's way
>don't update your programs unless you know you need something specific

KPC any good?

This. uTorrent 2.2.1 is still the best torrent client despite not having been touched for six years.
Even if development of MPC-HC stops it's not really relevant. There's nothing about it that needs to be fixed, no features missing that cry out for implementation, and just about anything that would need updating for future codecs/drivers is either in LAV or madVR, which can be updated separately.

>theres no reason not to use it
Except it being shit.
There's a reason it needs a 24/7 help thread.

No, it's deprecated, use mpc-hc+madvr or mpv.

>what's wrong with vlc
>well whatever you can't watch videos, deal with it
hmmm

So it won't play videos anymore, is that what you're saying?

>what are security holes that are going to be found and exploit retards like you who stay on deprecated/abandoned software
Enjoy mining bitcoins without your consent, faggot

This. It's dying out on this website though, more and more each day. While it won't die entirely, it will be banished to it's containment boards soon. Shame Sup Forums is one of the last holdouts, but it's not nearly as bad as it was

KCP uses Madvr

It won't work just fine the next time there's a codec change which seems to be happening a lot lately since 4k is causing issues left and right

VLC actually does fall apart with 4k video, but that's really it's only serious problem

girl on the right is half Abo

>MPC-HC is dead.

Yeah, it became so good that there is nothing to develop for it anymore.