Does anybody know what case this might be?

Does anybody know what case this might be?

Other urls found in this thread:

servercase.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SC760&Category_Code=AdvServer
servercase.com/(((Merchant)))2/((((merchant))).mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SC760&Category_Code=AdvServer
ripton.net/blog/?page_id=12
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably some old piece of shit IBM server tower.

I'd have said Chieftec, but it's only similar, not the same.

Some Supermicro model.

This is so 90s it's beautiful.

Not going to tell you just so you can destroy one to make some memeshit.

i actually want it to be just like in the picture.

If you know just tell him. It doesn't fucking matter.

servercase.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SC760&Category_Code=AdvServer

Good on you. Have a potato.

thank you

>servercase.com/(((Merchant)))2/((((merchant))).mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SC760&Category_Code=AdvServer

why does it come with a power supply

ripton.net/blog/?page_id=12

what about the bay that displays temperature? anybody knows?

How are these cases even made?
What material is used for the outside?
It doesn't seem like straight painted metal, but neither does it feel like plastic.

My neck hurts just by the memories of having the monitor in one side of the desk.

You've got to be kidding, it's just steel dude.

I think it says Asus on the corner. That photo is from 2003 and the case is from 1999.

Holy shit that website is awesome. Is that a reliable merchant? They have some great deals on really cool cases. Is there a catch?

Do you have any other similar sites to share?

Cases in the past came with the power supply. You weren't going to be putting in 300W processors and 400W GPUs in them so they knew the maximum power everyone needs.

Can a case like this have dual power supplies? If so, how does this get implemented? I basically just want the machine to continue running in the event of a power supply failure. If the PSU could be hot swapped, bonus points, but allowing a safe shutdown is good enough.

Would there be a special board that accepts dual PSU inputs and consolidates to one connector for the MoBo?

>painted
Powder coated

sounds like black magic

That's early 00s.

Ah, I see.

oh user, the nastalgia. its too much

>that power supply location
TRIGGERED

Man, this looks like it might be a regular ATX form factor with dual PSUs in it. Only downside is I bet its loud as fuck. I think Id rather just have a case that can accept dual power supplies, and then find an appropriate power distribution board

Well, imagine how top heavy that case is already; so I dont think Id want it any higher.

If the PSU was on the bottom, considering all the drives bays, it may have a seemingly excessive amount of wires running a long way to a ton of drives. With proper cable management that may have been a better way to go, but basically in such a tall case with so many drive bays, something is going to seem sub-optimal somewhere

>not looking at the feet
wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg

Yea but whats the point of moving it up? It would be farther away from the motherboard, and farther away from most of the drives

Sure the feet would prevent it from tipping over generally, but if it were too top heavy, it could be more prone to tipping over when moving it around