/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/hrXxMHs9
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

>NEWS
Apollo.CD reaches donation goal, SCC experiences sudden and unexplained recovery.

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/4chenz/path_finder/blob/master/BroadcasTheNet.txt
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/demonotaku/order/asc/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/kyle/order/asc/
warosu.org/g/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=demonotaku&search_ord=old
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/Ptg/text/kyle/order/asc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Watching anime is the most degenerate act man has ever come up with.

Another day
Another day without an OT invite

Another day another pedo.

NO ONE WILL GET BIB ELITE

Is making SysOp on MAM worth the effort?

anime will be illegal in the near future

Never though it would happen,but with the pooloo shills who used to get on here and scream about REDdit being trash now gone, I find myself missing the curried little fucks.

Based Trump

fuk u I already have 7GB uploaded with none down
I could easily burn my buffer autosnatching to make the extra upload

don't you get tired of shitposting, zed?

Take the meme interview you fag

is autosnatching on bib a reliable strategy

I WILL NOT BE BULLIED BY THEM

>Apollo reaches donation goal, SCC experiences sudden and unexplained recovery.
:thinking:

I tried it once and it got me negative buffer.

Books work a little differently than most torrents because generally the first seeder you connect to gives you the entire torrent because the files are so small. The original uploader will be the only effective seeder for the first several minutes, and whoever tends to end up at the top of bib's tracker's peer dictionary responses will be the only uploader after that.

this recruitment mumbo jumbo with HDB was all a scheme to get us to upload ebooks

Daily reminder that private trackers are a meme. Most of it hinges on "Since they are private and you need an account, less chance of being caught and getting DMCA notices." which isn't true.

Actually working on a case where someone is being sued and used 'private' trackers (and yes, they honestly thought that private flag DRM system (and yes it's DRM, since it exists to lock you into only authorised servers for authorised users, so their activity can be monitored and controlled) would protect them.

It's known to have been nonsense for over a decade, but it's still used as a marketing hook.

Lots of people feel the TSA makes them safer, despite failing 95%+ of the "red team tests", mostly because it's run by people who don't really have knowledge of the issues, but are just doing what they're told, and relying on 'everyone knows' and 'obvious innit?'

Same thing with "private" trackers. most of them running it don't have a lot of knowledge of BitTorrent, or the security threats, only what they've taught themselves based on the rumour mills.

Now, yes, public trackers are targeted more often still, because the profit ratio is still there. but the days of those are just about over, as its going to require more in the way of evidence. Evidence that 'private' sites provide, both in logged data, and in the substantially smaller repeat pool (if you can snag the same user on 3 related torrents, each time on a different IP that then resolves to the same ISP account) or from data from an account, the use of the DRM flag to allow only members in, and that those members are somehow 'vetted' is amusing, because you can't vet people as they claim to, and goes back to the old myth of 'an undercover cop has to tell the truth if you ask them if they're a cop' thing - companies can and do lie, and torrent to get access to those groups.

You are a cancer on this board that you don't even belong. I hope you all die in horrible, painful ways while your lover fucks a nigger

>APL solves its money problems
>SCC solves its money problems
I see

HMMMMMM

I set it to superseeding mode and fuck seedboxes over when I upload

Hahaha nice image.

Would a kind soul be willing to post the BTN power user invite forum

something like this
github.com/4chenz/path_finder/blob/master/BroadcasTheNet.txt

maybe we should boot up ratiomaster HMMMMMMM

Thank you

>the sysop literally took all the money and ran off to south america
>please give us 1500 euros
>love you guys!

>just another day
>another day of watching complex chink cartoons

albino do you take bitcoin?

Can someone give me the rundown on this demonotaku guy. I've seen his reddit and RED profile, but like, what's his deal. What's the lore.

start here
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/demonotaku/order/asc/

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/kyle/order/asc/
Might also help

If you want to skip the interview and get a guaranteed invite, you can take a picture of your dick and PM it to spaghetti like it says in the invite channel topic

That's how I got my invite

Heck that archive. You cannot view any of the images, only the thumbnails.

Thanks my anonymous friend

I thought that fag already fixed that.
warosu.org/g/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=demonotaku&search_ord=old
here

within hours of apl appealing for, and receiving, a load of donation cash, scc's financial problems are solved. WHAT A COINCIDENCE!

it was all a sham

LOL

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/Ptg/text/kyle/order/asc/

I miss my daily dose of News

It was all a dream, I used to read Word Up! magazine

I really hope 0.5 BTC guy isn't reading r/trackers right now. LMAO

BiB makes me depressed

i was expecting this to happen. it was pretty obvious for a long time that the 2 are the same

Why? Because so much to read so little time?

because he's never gonna get in with the cuckland library

sounds like the beginning of a new pop song

Is the feet thing no longer a thing?

getting any meaningluf upload takes hours of my time

When (if) APL migrates to the new site, will we still have the same database? Users? Trackers? I don't know how this stuff works

yes, we just need more money

Serious answer?

we can't return without your help. please consider a donation!

you'll most likely have to change the tracker to apollo.cd
database is probably recent

The problem is that anime is for fucking kids. Western shut-ins convince themselves that because it's alien to them that it's good on some deeper level. If you're 8 and Japanese and you watch anime, fine, it's the same as 8-year-old Westerners watching Western cartoons. If you're 18+ it becomes a different matter.

They said no server access so, no DB access.
I doubt any accounts will work. I wonder how they will deal with that.

From what I understand they tried to mirror all of the content though.

if you pay us bitcoins, you'll have our eternal love and a warm fuzzy feeling

pure kino

B-But anime is so complex and intellectual!

this you ?

for a 6 year old

They've said they have a full backup, so accounts should work.

No, my wife's son

So 'kino' is just another word for 'shit', right?

lrn2meme

>I set it to superseeding mode and fuck seedboxes over when I upload
Not sure if this is a joke, but this isn't actually how it works and you are only limiting your ratio by doing so.

i too used an Auckland Overdrive at first, but got told that it wasn't accepted because a way to automatically make an account over there got leaked at Sup Forums (I followed a tutorial from TPS to get access to that library)
so I sent another message with another library, but that was like 10 days ago and still haven't got a response
will resend one when i reach two weeks in case he didn't read my last message

every time in the past i mentioned scc and apl were related, i always received replies of denial.

Is this the sequel to Haunted Hollywood?

japanese grown ups who watch anime are considered to be asocial and fixated with anime. They can only talk about anime.

that was the pooploop shiills, not real people

Look. It's clear you've got no idea of what you're talking about. It's like reading a news article in that matter. You're just ignorant yet feel like you're in a position of authority. You're not convincing anyone that actually knows better. At best you're convincing someone that knows nothing about the subject matter at hand. All you're doing is perpetuating myths on an anonymous image board. Where's your audience? This isn't a tabloid. You aren't getting paid and you've got not a single argument to back up your claims.

>considered

Is anime right for me?

Anime is right for everyone. Some can't come to terms with that fact.

/ptg/ is a weeb friendly zone

Are you a numale? If so, it may very well be.

Im bout to get super baked tonight. Recommend a good movie to chill out to

Dancer in the Dark

Up in Smoke

What are you guys's internet plans like?

I have a 1TB limit here, and with 4k movies being as big as they are, and games being as big as they are (Gears 4 /w all the shit is 100GB) it goes up fast.

The Fire Within

The Big Lebowski.

Fiber 100/100 unlimited. I have no buffer issues. Fucking nice.

Garbage speed since I live in a rural area but unlimited data.

you ok bro?

>can't afford unmetered plan
>plays vidya gaymes
top yourself

wtf does "hard bods" mean?

i'm a bottom though

Coins with a monetary value. Nickels, pennies, quarters, dimes, foreign coins, etc. "Hard" currency.
I got so many hard bods to use at the vending machine today.
#coins#money#hard bod#hardbod#hardbods

So why are there tracker forums called hard bods?

It's dicks now