What is there to see in Eastern Europe...

What is there to see in Eastern Europe? Convince me it isn't an uncultured shithole with nothing but commieblocks and depressed alcoholic people. I want to visit there but I still don't know which country and which locations to go to.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JUvDHDlqNkg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xwNtlYX_iYM
vanderkrogt.net/statues/object.php?webpage=ST&record=skbr006
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why do you have to be mean Mario?
i bet you arent even from northern italy

go to Slovakia and ask the cab driver to take you to Lunik IX
quintessentialy Slovak experience
don't forget to bring a lot of money, too

St. Petersberg. Winter Palace was really good. I felt it was better than Louvre or British Museum

Prague and Budapest are very beautiful cities (at least the parts that were not buildt by commies). But you will definitely see some depressed alcoholic people.

Never dared to venture further east so I can not tell you what awaits you there.

>commieblocks
They're mostly in the suburbs or replace parts of cities that were levelled during WW2.

youtube.com/watch?v=JUvDHDlqNkg

Please keep the gypsy ghetto out of this.
But yes, it is indeed something you will probably never see in western Europe. It's the result of commies giving free housing to gypsies, a palpable and visible truth about how gypsies do not fucking belong to Europe

Come to EE, friend. We have many beautiful Italian cities.

Why would anyone try to convince you if you're already so negative.

it was just a joke m8
I'm also pretty sure such areas are in pretty much every EE country that has enough gypsies

Fuck off i don't want you greasy wops anywhere near my comfy slav zone.

Do not come here nigger

Why so salty? Don't you want my money to help develop your countries? You can't just survive on leeching the EU alone.

>terrone neet cannot contain his butthurt

Get off your high horse arabtaly and eat your shit

Why are Italians so butthurt towards EE?

MUH CLAY

EE welcomes tourists. But not tourists with your attitude.

Well, I don't know about all of EE, but Slovakia and Slovenia seem artificial as fuck.

Croatian Italian cities are fine.

>artificial
What do you mean?

>Convince me it isn't an uncultured shithole with nothing but commieblocks and depressed alcoholic people.
But why would anyone tell lies on the Internet?

insincere, feigned, false, unnatural, contrived, put-on, exaggerated, forced, labored, strained, hollow, pretend, phony, bogus

Nobody cares. Convince me that Italians are not barbarians who just take Romans clay.

I mean what exactly. The streets? The people? Everything? I did not ask you for a definition of the word, I am not retarded.

He is just typing random shit because he is bitter that Portugal is going to be poorer than EE in 5 years.

>In 5 wears
I though it already is.

>Croatian Italian
I sure hope you're not one of those who believes Croats were buttnaked people who had inmorted a number of Italians and these same Italians built everything for the buttnaked Croats

go to Paris instead and get blown up by some jihadi you worthless piece of crap

A bit of everything, except the people The people I felt were really nice and down to earth.
Slovenia, less so. But then again Slovenia has very little to begin with.

That's exactly it, m8.Couldn't be possible anything else. Though I should know better than make criticism of anything EE without some Pole making it personal. Maybe it's the way things are done there.

there si no western europe

Russia and something on the left

>Ivan in charge of not confusing west with east

>That's exactly it, m8.Couldn't be possible anything else. Though I should know better than make criticism of anything EE without some Pole making it personal. Maybe it's the way things are done there.
It's hard to call it a criticism, you haven't stated what you don't like, you just called everything artificial without giving any arguments or explainations.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Artificial cities? Bratislava was capital of Hungarian kingdom for centuries, how is that artificial? Minig towns were built centuries ago and some of them function to this day. Have you ever visited other countries that were part of A-H? Because Slovakia is no different from them regarding cities and architecture

fuck the Russia.

Portugal already is poorer than Slovenia and the Czech Republic

>60 years of communism
>still better of than Portugal

Yes, I lived in Austria for half an year, that's why I say it seemed artificial. Maybe it's not. Maybe it's just the real nature.

But let me ilustrate an example. When I went to Slovakia, I had a Slovak friend who guided me through Bratislava. I noticed there where a large number of statues everywhere. So I started asking about the statues and some of them people didn't even know the story, others where just "he was a nice guy around this street". In western europe, statues are used to celebrate real important people. In Slovakia they were fucking everywhere, as if they were trying too hard to prove something.

Please don't come..

Ok, now do Slovenia!

you are not western europe lol :D:D:D

Hungary, Czechia
any coastal city of Croatia and Slovenia

oh boy, too many implications

>someone doesn't know all the 600 people represented by statues
>ha ha artificial

>Dumbtugal

That's what all western Europeans think about catholic Slavic countries.

Just because your guide didn't know, it doesn't mean there is no story behind it. I think the problem is more about people being ignorant about their cities' past.

Most of the statues in Bratislava are just art. There are few with important personalities but if your Slovak friend doesn't know about those he is uncultured swine and probably magyar aswell

Actually, that's pretty accurate for the parts the Venetian Republic controlled. The rest was built by Austria.

Enjoy the sights the locals do, here is picturesque Poland

You are rude and thus not welcome in Russia

There's really nothing to say about it... there wasn't really much, I think I know why Slovenians cling so much to their pictures of nature aorund Sup Forums.

I went to Ljubljana twice. The first time was just bad. Bad people, boring places. So I gave it a second change. The second time I went looking for some cultural experience, and to be honest, there wasn't much to go around either. The little things that were actually real important historical places, seemed odd. For example, it's "medieval" castle didn't seem medieval at all and overall the city seemed ill kept and very dirty. except for some very concetrated small tourist hotspots where everything was good looking but sterile. As in nothing "Slovenian" to distance it from everything else.

All I see is pet owners breeding their dogs, probably for a prestigious animal show.

Ljubljana is the cleanest european capital you dumb moor

as someone who was in Ljublana last month you are full of shit lol

Ljublana is like 10x cleaner than your country

oh small capital of small country feels like smal town? shocking

what are you smoking?

I think you're just prejudiced about Eastern Europe if you think Ljubljana castle is a Potemkin's Village and that Ljubljana is dirty.

I'd expect the people that come in daily contact with them to know. I didn't say one person has to know them all, but at least the ones they see looming over them everyday. Even the scumbags of my town know who the statues here represent.

And as it turns out it really is artificial.
So you can suck a dick.

>Pointing out that art around the city streets is a negative thing

He also seems to think that we should have something to reflect our eastern nature in relation to Austria. But since we were a part of Austria for almost 600 years, there is nothing to set us apart except for a less stringent attitude towards local history, as he correctly noticed, which results from a number of factors, most importantly the revocation of noble status, secularization and a late industrialization/proletarization, all fully realized only in communist times.

you are not that special so stay in your shithole pls

or ou are probably looking for job here right?

Northern Italy has only 8% unemployment so no.

Ok, maybe I visited it in the wrong days. Because on the first one the train station had shit literal shit laying around on the platform and no one seemed to be bothered about it.

Ok, maybe it changed in the two years I've been there...
But being small doesn't excuse it. My town has less 200.000 inhabitants than Slovenia and there are more things to do in it, but it is as ill kept as Ljubljana. Maybe it changed.
What I don't understand is why you are so fucking mad? You've never been in Portugal.

And this is why criticising eastern europe is a waste of time.
Everyone just starts being mad. Couldn't be possible that my experiences are justified. No. It can only mean that someone who actually been there is "prejudiced. OK.

Everybody knows who important statues represent. There are lot of small ones without singnifigance that are just used to cheer up overall atmosphere.

You just seem mad as fuck for no reason.
In Bratislava there are statues of people like Milan Rastislav Štefánik or Hviezdoslav, both are one of the most important Slovak people to live. Its not like we put randoms here. Show me any statue that you consider to be ''artificial''

actually I was in Portugal 3x times, 2x times in Porto tho and compare to Slovenia Portugal looks messy af

bcs you are local you idiot and you know where to go

You are prejudiced because both of your statements are factually incorrect, which means that you were negatively predisposed towards the place and wanted to see it as dirty and inauthentic.

Come niggro
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xwNtlYX_iYM

ITT: Dumb moor

When people call Slovenia and Slovakia they refer to the countries, because they are very young compared to their neighbours and former rulers. To actually call towns artificial just means you are retarded

I didn't know anything about the place. I actually had good expecations because I had met a Slovenian is Austria and she told me nice things. That's why I visited Slovenia in the first place.
And you can't say I didn't try because I visited twice because I didn't want to believe that my first time was all there was to Ljubljana.

>Because on the first one the train station had shit literal shit laying around on the platform
yeah you

he was probably in Italy, he i sjust confused

I remember there being a statues of a guy in a motorbike, and when I asked about him (being such a recent individual I was intrigued) my Slovak "guide" just told me "he was a very nice guy who lived here".
Then I remember some statues of some dude getting out a manhole. I asked. No one knew. But they never told me it was "just art" either.

The locals do not want the competition...

Because it doesn't represent anyone important. The man probably never even lived. You honestly think THIS is supposed to represent someone proud and important? Its just for fun

I don't know. After knowing people will make a statue in your honour because "he was nice" I was ready to believen anything.
And you can't blame me when not even Slovaks knew. Maybe I had bad "guides".

Apart from the capitals, you will no see no africans in the east, and you will feel in Europe unlike in the West.

>Why would anyone try to convince you if you're already so negative.
>omg y so salty

Something tells me your problem with Eastern Europe has little to do with their economic situation m8.
You can tell us lad, this is a safe space

>Nordic Estonia
>Eastern Europe
I'm surprised you didn't put Italy in there as well since you always whine about how you aren't Southern Europe.

Cause there is nothing to know. There are legends and stories about the statue but they are made up. Every guide will know about any important statue like Hans Christian Andersen.

Was it pic related?

vanderkrogt.net/statues/object.php?webpage=ST&record=skbr006

These were all just a bit of fun. Maybe not the Napoleon one, that one is a reminder of Napoleon's attack.

It's a bait guys, chill. If there is one thing Slovenia is know for, it's for it's cleaness.

So this is the power of Estonia... woah.

Whever you go its gonna be nice. Even shitholes like albania look and feel really nice. You are just prejudiced.

Why are we not Eastern Europe? We reach further east than most "eastern" euro countries :/

Because you weren't gommies.

Because its purely a political division, a bad one at that. Yugoslavia was not part of the Eastern bloc after 1947, if anything we were closer to the west because the Soviets were planning to invade us.

At the time we even got US military aid in the shape of tanks and jet fighters.

because yuo of mongolia :DDD

Slovenians are Friulians in denial. You look the same as them.

These could all easily pass as Slovaks too

Can you tell which group is Slovenian and which one is Friulian?

Nope.

Slovenia and Croatia are just right there, lad

the left group is the friuli.

If anything Friulians are Slovenes in denial, not the other way around seeing as Slovenes do live in Friuli but no Friulians live in Slovenia. On top of that Friulian has a bunch of Slovenian influence in language while Slovene does not, only the dialects close to the border have such influences.

The area was inhabited by a celtic/gaulish tribe (Carni) before the slavs came as well and, for example, they were the ones that founded the settlement that came to be Aquilea.

How do I get EU flag?

>Slovenes do live in Friuli but no Friulians live in Slovenia

I made sure to pick regions that were both distanced from each other to avoid that argument. The Friulians are from Udine and the Slovenes are from Prekmurjet and the Friulians are from Udine. Still can't tell the apart?

>Italian asks for reasons to visit eastern europe
>92 replies later
>none

get a job at an international company and browse Sup Forums instead of working

com,ehere and see my 10 cm dick
haha

If you are interested in historical landmarks and nice nature, you'll find plenty, just look shit up.
Otherwise, there isn't really anything you can't find in western Europe too (in terms of services) which shouldn't be suprising to you. So what are you expecting to hear from us?

>poortugal though this was an important bloke

My notion about Prekmurians was that they all have black straight hair, no neck and are short because they are mixed with Magyars. Guess this proves me wrong.

Yeah, but in purely historical terms, Slavs were settled in Friuli in the high middle ages and may have even founded Udine.

The words punca and fant are of Friulian origin and they are very common words.