This, friends, is why you do not use a shop air compressor to "clean out" your laptop

This, friends, is why you do not use a shop air compressor to "clean out" your laptop.

Fan was probably older than sin.

Looks pretty clean to me, you can even see right through it.

>be a retard
>get retards pay

Nope. 18 months old.

>not choking down the psi

The real reason you don't clean fans with compressed air is that they become dynamos, which could damage some components.

jokes on you i've been using my thinkpad with the fan turned off since forever

How the fuck did you manage this? I use a shop compressor for this all the time.

The worst I've had happen was some debris dislodged and I had to open the system up and clean the fan out.

>Not knowing how to disasemble things first and then cleaning it outside the laptop with proper positioning.

Jokes on you op.

You never let the fan turn when you clean, ever.
Unless you unplug it, even then you never exceed the rotation speed, it will ruin the bearing.

If you keep those things in mind, like any person slightly even interested in tech should know, such things could never happen.

Gratz on being stupid, guess that's the point of your thread?

Why is that crazy bitch so hot?

Literally just hold the fan so it doesn't move

You do realize that air compressors have pressure regulators on them.

They should have inline diodes to prevent this from being an issue.

>protip:
The biggest contributor to heat in a laptop is the shitty OEM TIM turning into plastic or crumbling to pieces and vigorously applied, overflowing outside of the CPU die.

My i3 HP laptop went from 73C on load at 2.3 GHz to 59C on load at 2.3GHz when I removed the old crusty TIM and replaced it with tuniq tx-4 thermal grease.

Also remember to applu just a tiny blob of TIM in the center of the die if square or a small line if rectangular. DO NOT SPREAD, let the pressure and weight of the heatsink do that.

Dusting your vent port and fan will rarely reduce overheating by much unless clogged with cat hair or some shit.

Badass

Had the same problem with a client.
Its the shitty ASUS slim fans fault.

This will be a problem in the long run.

See:
The PC was 3 months old.

Do thinkpads have shit TIM?

Dude just like use your own lungs to blow air lmao

Most likely, I have yet to find a laptop with good TIM applied correctly. Laptop manufacturers only care about making profit. As long as the half baked shitbird can pass basic tests and launch facebook they couldn't give 2 fucks if the horribly applied tim causes overheating.

You're just a moron. I use my dad's shop air compressor to clean shit out all the time. He's a mechanic, so it powers car lifts and shit.

Not him but he is not, ASUS X500 series use super slim fans that are shitty as fuck, a can of canned air could break them.
I would call it planned obsolescence but its just low quality parts.

>Not knowing what a regulator is
>Blasting tiny electronics with 120psi

>not dust

What do you mean? Are you saying one should think before doing things?

Not saying that just saying properly applied high quality TIM will reduce temps more unless your vent ports and fan are really caked with dust and debri in which case it means you need to leave china.

liquid metal is great for laptops

Why not vacuum?

Vacuum cleaners generate static electricity