Going to best buy to get a TV for my bedroom to watch movies and be cozy in bed

Going to best buy to get a TV for my bedroom to watch movies and be cozy in bed.
Which TV should I get. I have my eyes on this one. Opinions?

bestbuy.com/site/insignia-50-class-49-5-diag--led-1080p-hdtv-black/4807601.p?skuId=4807601

Other urls found in this thread:

target.com/p/element-50-class-1080p-60hz-led-tv-eleft506/-/A-17034574
tomsguide.com/us/insignia-ns-55d510na17-hd-tv,review-4041.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

get element tvs, made in the usa and fucking cheap and well made

target.com/p/element-50-class-1080p-60hz-led-tv-eleft506/-/A-17034574

there are too many options for TVs, it's driving me crazy!

>target.com/p/element-50-class-1080p-60hz-led-tv-eleft506/-/A-17034574

you could try going samsung or lg also good brands

yea but i cant find a 50" LED non-smart/non-4k for around $300...

hmmmmmm get the element then

hey, user. I just got back and they had the insignia for only $270! they had it listed wrong in the store so I ordered it.
the guy tried selling me on a 4k tv lol...

thats good

so i didnt buy a shit tv and i got a good deal you think?
i just want a tv to watch cable, play ps4/3 and watch movies in my bed...

make sure there isnt any celery messing up the picture

All LCDs are fucking trash anyway so who fucking cares. Considering you could have thrown away a lot more money on literal garbage, I guess you did OK.

what is celery in tv talk?

is says it's an LED and also what would be your preference to an LCD/LED TV? An OLED? A Plasma?

>is says it's an LED
That's a meme. It's just LED backlight (lit from the edges). Marketing fooling stupid consumers.
>what would be your preference to an LCD/LED TV? An OLED? A Plasma?
Both are far superior, yes, from a picture quality standpoint. Plasma is obviously not a choice anymore. OLED isn't perfect (and neither was plasma), but it's the only real choice unless you're poor.

It's because I'm "poor" and also because I feel I don't need an OLED/Plasma TV because I don't think It'd benefit me enough to justify the cost.
I have a PS4 and firestick so I do not need smart features either.

Sucks I made a bad decision but it's a TV nonetheless.

It's not a bad decision if you're poor. Current generation is pretty expensive anyway, and has some decent improvements compared to last year's models. And I mean what else are you gonna do.
Anyone who isn't blind will benefit from OLED though. Normies may not be aware of the drawbacks of LCD tech, but I'm sure they would see them if you pointed them out, or if they could compare the two technologies under fair conditions.

I just want a larger TV for my bedroom. It's not a shitty TV, though. R-right?

i own my few element tvs that are small and decent never owned a good tv

Who knows. The 55" got a crap review here, even if you disregard the bitching about the lack of 4k and smart shit:
tomsguide.com/us/insignia-ns-55d510na17-hd-tv,review-4041.html

Samsung KS8000 or Sony X800E?

Or even the LG EG9A7V which seems to be an OLED but possibly old generation

Get an OLED if you care about picture quality. If the garbage black levels and viewing angles of va panels don't bother you, and the ultra garbage black levels of IPS panels, then I guess you'll need to consider other things like smart shit features.
I suppose an IPS panel with FALD could be an OK compromise. Those are expensive as well though.

>Going to best buy
Don't forget your $200 Monster cable.

OP here. I had huge buyers remorse hours after I ordered the insignia. I went back up there and they said he couldn't cancel the order. Why the fuck not, he didn't have a good answer.
So what do I do now? I rather just save and buy a quality TV...

just get one of those shitty insignia tvs not like you'll be watching the movie anyway you'll probably just fall asleep so the quality doesnt matter

call bank/creditcard company and stop payment then don't accept the product if they try to deliver it.

Unfortunately last one isn't 4k, as 4k OLEDs cost an arm and a leg

The choice then is between the Samsung KS8000 and the Sony X800E. Which one would you recommend, Sup Forums?

$419.99 at Costco, find somebody to take you or order online. I was impressed with it when I saw it at a warehouse. It is smart, but Roku is a good exception to the "no smart features" rule.

Not OP but I wouldn't mind finding something that has:

>32" to 42"
>At least 3 HDMI ports
>1080p
>60hz and perhaps above if possible?
>around 150-300 dollars

I don't care for any gimmicky smart/4k/3D shit.

Get the insignia TV I got. I am going to try to get my order cNcelled today though. I am just going to save for a TV with hdr

1080p oled is what you need. 4k is a shitty fad that is the new 3D. Fucking motion pictures are still filmed at 2880p on arri cameras.

>HURR DURR MUH 4K HDR NEO-3D TV
It's quite a dilemma, really. You'll want to sit close for muh THX standards and 4k resolution (for the 1 in 20 movies you'll watch unless you really like compressed netflix shows and new capeshit movies), but a va panel will have such shitty viewing angles that even straight on it will look like shit unless you're 5 meters away from it.
Go to rtings and check the reviews. The Samsung is the obvious winner.

Ignorance is bliss and yada yada. Enjoy your new TV, user.

Nvm found an LG OLED for about the same price, the C6V. It's a curved meme, altough it costs less so it doesn't really matter. It's of last year generation but It's still a certified HDR, has a 10Bit panel, etc etc

You shouldn't have a TV in your bedroom. Read a book or something, but having a screen is going to make you less likely to sleep well.
It's not like you do need to watch kim kardashian take a dump.

Just be aware that HDR on the OLEDs is not really comparable to LCDs. If you care about movies and picture quality, it should still be an easy choice though.

He can do whatever the fuck he wants. Fuck off.

>He can do whatever the fuck he wants
Yeah, and I can tell whatever advice I want.

Of course, and I can tell you to fuck off with your shit advice based on shitty pseudo-science or studies that show minor correlation.

I have my pc here so I don't see why the TV would fuck up more my biological clock (assuming the correlations are real)