Talking to an American buddy on Telegram

>talking to an American buddy on Telegram
>Discuss Brexit and the reactions to it
>Ask him what he thinks about it
>"Gee I don't know, I'll go watch John Oliver and see what he has to say"
>"But...you do know he is only a comedian with extreme bias?"
>"So? Comedians have much more valid opinions than the mainstream media and most politicians!"

Dear God, is this kind of crap that common in the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ivOOM0PbNps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Opinionated medias are bad

Watching television in order to receive a ready-made opinion you can flaunt is a fucking terrible and stupid thing to do.

>Opinion is more important than facts
GOOD GOY!

Well he's right.

In a world where politicians act like comedians, it's up to comedians to do the jobs the politicians can't.

>Dear God, is this kind of crap that common in the US?

it is when Jon Stewart brought the shitty conditions of the First Responders to national attention and no news agency wanted to touch that issue with a 10 foot pole.

We have really, really shitty news services here.

The God Emperor supports it so I support it

Shut the fuck up

Or you know to see what other people think.
I read both opinionated and objective newspapers to know whats happening and something else if i want some expressed opinion i can agree or refute.
>implying something i didnt say
is this way if you want some "facts"

You should firm your own opinions based on your own morals, principals and information from official unbiased sources instead of a a comedian with clear political standpoint.

>"In a world where...*
No

Here are not bad, but are fake and no tell the trouble we have,
comedians tell us the truth but in a sacastic mode.

By that logic you have to seclude yourself and never speak to anyone or they might influence you, the fact that he's a comedian doesnt matter

>comedians tell us the truth
>comedians aren't all leftist parasites that twist the "truth" to suit their narrative

Only among youg people, it seems to be grown out of after a couple elections

That's not what I said though, I'm saying you shouldn't form your opinions based on biased comedians on YouTube .

He is 27

>Using telegrams in 2016

>Just taking the word of a bunch of false promises from populist politicians

This is the literal political version of cucking oneself. You're a cuck if you take the unquestioning word of someone like Boris Johnson or Nigel Farage. Blaming the media or a comedian doesn't change the fact that some things are just naturally stupid to begin with.

Yes. If you don't watch Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert or the current year man for your news you won't relate to many conversations with young people about news. I'm 24 and I still have people start up conversations about current events like so:

>hey did you hear that news report that John Oliver did???

It's all thanks to you Mr. Shekelsberg-Goldstein Greenblat.

>comedians are one homogenous entity that surpasses borders and oceans

Yes
Common fact, Americans are very stupid

My friends and I all watch john oliver but we often disagree with what he says. He's just a conversation starter.

>I don't like mainstream ideas

John talks a lot of shit but he does make good points too. But in Sup Forums fashion once somebody does something they don't like they are forever tainted and wrong about everything.

Ah, but we're not as stupid as the Brits so there is a silver lining to all this.

>Implying all American news sources don't have an extreme bias
At least John Oliver can claim to be a comedian, even though he isn't funny.

>we're not as stupid as the Brits

It's true though. The whole commentator culture is essentially people being too lazy, too busy, or too ignorant to look up research on most issues, and instead just trusting one guy to funnel and research your news for you.

The comedy news people, while definitely getting worse, ran a pretty tight ship for a long time, because in order to parody the news their facts need to reasonably well-researched.

Jon Stewart was probably better researched than any other commentator when he was on tds.

> You're a cuck if you take the unquestioning word of someone like Boris Johnson or Nigel Farage
Who said I take their word unquestioningly? Just because I support someone doesn't mean I completely agree with them.

How is his our fault? Israelis hate these kind of people.

>That pic
The economy isn't everything, you know that right?

He starts a conversation with my pals like yours. The typical "did you hear that dumb shit the current year man said?"
CURRENT YEAR

The problem with these people is bit that they're heavily biased to one side, it's that they portray themselves as unbiased. They're journalists when it suits them and it comes to reporting the news and comedians when it comes to responding to criticism about their biased journalism.

That's true , when I confronted him and said that there is no place for humor and sarcasm when discussing political opinions he became so puzzled, couldn't even grasp the idea.

>no place for humor and sarcasm when discussing political opinions

Why not?

>there is no place for humor when discussing political opinions

That's how normies are

>Le get my news from comedians and comedy from the news!

youtube.com/watch?v=ivOOM0PbNps

Brexit is being framed as racism here

Real Americans understand the importance of independence while maintaining friendships. That's why Obama changed his tune quick and even Trump says Britain will be front of the line

It's very common.
I blame it on you though.

Could you be by any chance gifted with an additional chromosome?

I've got the very opposite. Yankee-fetishizing individuals I know who think that getting their info on Brexit from hilarious Breitbart articles makes it valid.

I confronted them about the possibility of the UK breaking up over the deal (and thus executive action being required as a deterrent) and was replied to with a torrent of "Lololol u just salty" and "that's democracy XD" and my favourite "I don't care about the UK I just know this will destroy the EU so we can have more liberty!"

This just in: most people literally could not give a shit about the intricacies of trade deals, and need simplistic narratives like """"independence"""" vs. """"racism"""" to not tune out.
News - er, scratch that - comedy at 11.

This

At least comedians never said they were right

This is the future you made.

>"So? Comedians have much more valid opinions than the mainstream media and most politicians!"
That's true, but that's the big problem. "Neutral" media are biased, politicians rarely tell the whole truth, so you might as well watch John Oliver rant about "the current year".

If someone wants to make some sort of political point he shouldn't make mix it with trash humor, making autistic jokes and then telling people what to do and think shouldn't be acceptable.

Because?
It hurts your feeling?
Go back to your safe space

I think you're the autistic one

Because it excludes important points and simply isn't valid, it's a form of way for people to push their point without giving any real reasons

If you need humor to express your point if view than that makes you the autistic one.

>it excludes important points and simply isn't valid
>

Actually a hallmark of autism is lacking a sense of humour.

I hope you get stabbed by a Muslim, disgusting kike.

Jesus, where did that come from?

I have sense kf humor and got no problem with political jokes, it becomes a problem when a TV figure pushes for a certain political point using sarcasm, trash humor and borderline lies

Have you ever seen a comedian talk about politics in a satirical way besides current year?

All the bloody time