I justa gaming laptop ordered

I justa gaming laptop ordered

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N5SBEZD/

>Alienware 17.3 inch
>Intel Core i7-7700HQ
>16GM RAM (which I'm expanding to 32 from old laptop)
>256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
>GTX 1060 6 GB Graphics card

This cost 1.6k. Anything worthy of criticism?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N5SBEZD/
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UAT7H7
sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8156.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why not 32 GB Ram or a GTX 1080T?

>Alienware
How does it feel to be a macfag wannabe & still stick with yousing wangblows?

My typing's all clumpsyup because I've been using benzo for days and I'm using a small laptop

ENJOY YOUR STUTTERING AUTISTIC PC OP!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA

>This cost 1.6k

>17" laptop
>10 lbs
>2k usd

why would you buy this over a desktop

I don't know anything about Alienware.

I like to sit in bed with my laptop.

(You)

And melt your balls?

Not interesting in having good anyone. I literally am autistic.

It's not just for gaming, I do graphics processing too sometimes find they run too slow.

Why would you even spend this much for a laptop?

>anyone
kids*

They make sense for people who need to move their PC every few weeks or months, like students in dorms or travelling workers who move to a new site periodically. Otherwise they're pointless though, I prefer having a good desktop and a slim laptop.

If you had tens of thousands of pounds and you lived in your bed. Wouldn't you want the same?

Any, given my situation, is it good or bad?

>Gaming Laptop
>Alienware

Get the fuck out to Sup Forums

OK. I'm a retard, Explain why,

>tfw posting from my ASUS GX501 that arrived in the mail not 30 minutes ago

Sup Forums is only for linux's poortards, win's pajeets and mac's shills, they don't like gamers here (sad thing is 97% of Sup Forums are closet gamers)

Be careful with the power supply connection to the laptop, it tends to break on Alienware, besides this enjoy your new laptop.

Not if you got half that much money and bills to pay

Could have saved yourself about $300-$500 if you didn't fall for the name alone.

>17.3"
>FHD
kys yourself

But seriously, a $1600 laptop with a huge display and you don't even get 4K?

You are either gay or female

you will also cause urinary problems, get a hand held computer desk

mummy deals with all that
I didn't fall for the name because I knew nothing about it. I just noticed the specs are much better than my last laptop (which is breaking down after two years.) It also supports VR so I can pretend to be a normie if I like,.
Explains why my urine doesn't always flow naturally at the end and I have to give an extra push.

I have a last years alienware R2 13 inch, its pretty OP for its size. a i7 and a 960m in that form factor is crazy.
The build quality is better then Asus and MSI I have tried using, the only questions is that if its worth the price. If u have the money, why not.

I picked up a blade a few months back, same specs minus the HDD

very solid purchase, just make sure to disable Cortana, indexing and other battery hogging resources

>I justa gaming laptop ordered
>amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N5SBEZD/
>>Alienware 17.3 inch
>>Intel Core i7-7700HQ
GM RAM (which I'm expanding to 32 from old laptop)
GB SSD + 1TB HDD
>>GTX 1060 6 GB Graphics card
>This cost 1.6k. Anything worthy of criticism?

Terrible shit tier TN pannel

Why is pink

How did they fit a GTX 1080 in a laptop?

>not getting the 4K IPS upgrade

?

It said it had four ram slots with only two in in use.
Didn't know it was. Just another wave length of the spectrum I guess,

960 but it supports VR

>t. retard

It's a good laptop tb h and the 1060 is literally the desktop version. Dont fell on the ASSus

>tfw dell offers both the best performing best cooled yet ugliest most hideous laptops on the market

An ASUS GW was my last top from 2015 but it had one infuriating design flaw: the power socket breaks and becomes loose every 6 months or so and I have to pay like £80 to get it fixed each time. I'm not getting it fixed another time.

I suspect it's because the port is right next to the fan which does get hot and probably interferes with the adhesive.

>1.6K
Yeah, you doon goof'd

Are Alienware laptop ugly? I've never had one before.

You're gonna regret that puny ass SSD. 1TB or bust.

Not that bad actually, it's mostly the retarded ayylmao logo, which I guess you could cover with a sticker badge.

I'm on mobile right now, but I feel like I could find a gaming laptop with similar specs for cheaper. I'll be back.

Was your last laptop a gaming laptop too? It's not like you're going to be playing any games in your bed so why not just get a proper desktop? If you want a laptop to shitpost and watch videos in bed with get a cheap used chromebook or some shit

This

I have a desktop as student and it's a huge pain in the ass having a tower actually, moving back and forth and such is a huge hassle

>dualcore i7
why would dell do that, the xps 9550 had a quadcore + 960m in a smaller formfactor

alienware intentionally gimps the heatsink/cooling system.

They actually are the best looking by most accounts

I mean, just look at OP's image. They're known for making incredibly gaudy shit to target the young gamer market.

I move it at least once a month, if not more, with two of my monitors and all.
I just happen to organize events with an association I have and we have some LAN parties and such.

I would say gaming laptops are for people who REALLY want to play games (otherwise you could get something with a discrete GPU) and doesn't have space for anything or a budget that small that wouldn't leave them to upgrade anytime soon.

this

At that price, I'd have gone for the Alienware 13 with the OLED panel.

>3k for those pigfat bezels

I know what you mean because I've lived with a 128 for two years. I'm getting 256 now.

Plus it will have a 1TB HDD and I have external drives for back up.
I'd be interesting in seeing your results. Mind you I was fucked up on alcohol and diazepam at time of purchase. However the diazepam may have been counterfeit or were a lower dose than they were sold for because I took 100 x 10MG in less 24 hours and barely felt that tired. I have been clumsy though as you can see in my earlier posts.
It was and I played Portal 2 and Grey Goo and shit. It played Crysis 3 too but I wasn't really inter it. I wasn't joking about being autistic and I was only meming when I posted cosy pepe. I see a social worker and will be seeing a wellbeing coach next to help me with independence and employment.

Here's a link to it: amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UAT7H7

I'm using it now because I temporarily managed to get the plug in.

Don't know if this is true. Anyway of fixing/counter this?

Doesn't look too bad to me but I don't intend in showing it to anyone anyway.

The pic is my cat Gerry BTW. Tkane in 2011 and still alive and beating.

Actually the link to my old lappy is dead.

The model is G551JW. I upgraded from 12 to 16GB earlier this year.

If you're going to spend this much on a laptop you might as well just get an Asus Zephyr.

>gaymen laptop

Am to I take this both as a compliment in my choice of picking out laptops and both as an insult in the offhanded suggestion that I have nothing else better to do?

It's a recommendation for an actually good overpriced gaming laptop.

I find the Alienware aesthetic apalling but I like their hardware and customer service. I use an Alienware Alpha (the first model, not the one they have now) under my television as a streaming/emulation box and it works great. Even came with a controller and adapter, not bad for $500 really.

A friend of mine had his processors liquid cooling shit out on him and the Alienware tech showed up next day and replaced the whole area even upgraded his processor free of charge.

That's cool. If it's any consolation, I may be getting my own place soon (assisted living or cancel no doubt) and employment. I having experience experimenting with programming and shit so I will try my hardest not to let you down, user.

>cancel
counsel

>$3000 for an unupgradeable machine
for the same amount of money you can get an infinitely more powerful desktop build + still have enough left over to get a decent laptop for work/school.

The point is the gaming laptop is a portable desktop

sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8156.html
It's only $150 less, but unless Dell's stuff it comes without any bloatware.
Oh, also, this one is only 15". So I guess your Alienware isn't such an awful deal.

>still have enough left over to get a decent laptop for work/school.
$1300 is more than enough to get a 1060 or even 1070 laptop, or you could completely throw your money away on a single machine that will degrade in performance a year after you buy it.

Easy.

>Heat
>Price
>Kid branding
>Shit QC
>Bulky

A fool and their money

Yeah you could get even a laptop with a 1050 for gaming in a pinch and leave the power house in one spot

1960 > 1970

These things are so big they pretty much are desktops