Hey Sup Forums, do you think AI will be able to think for itself in our lifetime? If so...

Hey Sup Forums, do you think AI will be able to think for itself in our lifetime? If so, what do you believe would be the result.

Define "think for itself"

making your own opinions, choices and maybe having emotions idk..?

Fucking tech illiterates
Why is Sup Forums so full of them now?

NO.

All AI, neural nets, machine learning and other bullcrap is just glorified statistics.

>making your own opinions

>>>import random
>>>opinions = ["I like it!", "I don't like it!"]
>>>Whats your favourite color?
>>>color = input()
>>>print(color + "? " + random.choice(opinions))

Holyshit I invented an AI

it would probably fuck your wife.

its what statistics should have been if the MIT jews hadnt pushed their own bullshit.

No, if you're 25 right now it won't happen even when your hypothetical grandkids are old.

"opinions, choices and maybe having emotions" are evolutionary products resulted in natural selection. AIs are completely desgined by humans and opinions or emotions are never going to magically pop out unless desgined so.

>Hey Sup Forums, do you think AI will be able to think for itself in our lifetime?
Yes, if you live until the 2050s or so.
>If so, what do you believe would be the result.
"The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else. "

>He thinks that emotions are not some deterministic phenomenon based on chemicals
We're here to fuck and die, my dude. AI won't be the same as humans, it won't have the need

No. AI just takes a series of inputs and gives a series of outputs. Just like a mathmatical function.

>We're here to fuck and die

Why do those who want robots think it'll be like futurama with full personalities and everything?

Not at the same time maybe

It takes 20 years of training of a extremely complex highly concurrent neutral network with constant input of fine and highly tuned inputs from a system that has been developed from a genetic algorithm over millions of years to get an adult human consciousness.

If you can get a general purpose ai with the intelligence of an inbred retarded dog by 2100 I'd be amazed.

Interesting

A neural network is only an abstraction for the brain. Who knows what else goes on in there...

Law 1 mah nigga

>kill all species on earth
>go into power saving mode
so efficient

>""""think""""
question is, what if """we""" can't tell the difference? hmmmmm

The concept of harm is not some unambiguous thing that is trivial to implement in an artificial intelligence. You are also assuming that we will have the capacity to create explicit internal instructions like that in an AI. Depending on the development route that gives us AI this might not be the case.

>Neural networks simulate the literal inner workings of the human brain

I want this meme to die.