Hi my name is Not Sure. Is it possible to reprogram a pcb? Or take the parts off of a pcb and use it in a breadboard?

Hi my name is Not Sure. Is it possible to reprogram a pcb? Or take the parts off of a pcb and use it in a breadboard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sVyRkl5qNb8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not Sure wether to believe you or not about your name

No I am not sure!

not sure about my name

>reprogram a pcb

>reprogram a pcb

Yeah user, you know like how the do in hacker movies? I was thinking I could just like splice a usb cable and solder it onto the board then use the arduino ide or something?

Yes, you can repurpose that PCB as a fidget spinner.

If you're referring to that drone then probably, it likely has an Atmel chip

youtube.com/watch?v=sVyRkl5qNb8

>Is it possible to reprogram a pcb?
No (if referring to the actual printed circuit board), yes/maybe if referring to microcontrollers on the pcb.

>Or take the parts off of a pcb and use it in a breadboard?
Absolutely.

talking about the controller if it's not blocked and it's an risc chip, yeah but you'll need the programmer, for the second part also yeah but it's usually hard to do

>Absolutely.
yeah...
good luck with those tiny bga

>reprogram a pcb

Put me in the screencap please.

OP's aren't bga chips user

op what's your first language?

>I don't know what I'm talking about

Is this a micro quadcopter PCB?

Yeah. Reverse engineering the board, peripherels, etc, and writing your own firmware for the microcontroller(s) would allow you to program and repurpose it.

Good luck with that without a degree in computer or mechatronics engineering

Kill yourself, you down syndrome addled retard.

Yea, you could reprogram it. There's a chance the flash on the microcontroller is locked, which would mean it would be impossible to.

It would be easier to reuse the chips. Just get have a hot air rework station ready to pull them off the board, then resolder them to breakout boards which would fit better on a prototyping board.

ya, the microcontroller to do a different task and use the other components for that purpose

yep

how does one get a microcontroller like the one on the micro drone image

I'm offended enough to reply to you because you wrote "mechatronics" and not electrical

Testing the waters

This kind of stuff is on /diy/ fyi
Given your line of questioning, I'd suggest atmel avr

Fuck your text post.

I'm going to make a tiny quadcopter out of a PCB now.

>reprogram a pcb

original joke guys.

does anyone know what those small striped, silver colored pieces are? they are all over ops picture

Maybe there are surface mounted fuses?

The joke is the quote you buttblasted retard.

repeat after me;
>A
>U
>T
>I
>S
>M

Welcome to Costco, I love you

It really doesn't matter what you have, you're still a retard. Retard.

I did some microcontroller programming before (HCS12). This sounds like a really interesting project. I flew my dad's phantom drone recently and it was really fun. I enjoyed the flying aspect most, so something like this is right up my alley. Is there any good site or wiki for this sort of stuff? I'll check out /diy/

Harvesting components from a PCB is a common practice.

No, you can't "reprogram" the PCB. The traces are printed in.

My name is Not Important