Is it worth upgrading to the oneplus 5 from the oneplus one?

Is it worth upgrading to the oneplus 5 from the oneplus one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GPykS9l3D2Q?t=4m38s
youtube.com/watch?v=caXAVZRtZY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i've been asking myself that recently. i have the money for it now with a decent income, but the only thing that is considerably better for my uses is the camera, but i'm not sure i'm bothered by OPO's camera, which isn't exactly low end anyway

>uncle still has opo
>still fast as fuck after 3 years
>gf still has oneplus x
>still fast as fuck

The OPO especialy was an insanely good phone

I'm personally holding out for the oneplus 11, but I guess it's your choice.

You'd be smart to pick up a clearance op3t. The 5 is hardly an upgrade from it, but with additional issues.

The 3t is still the best phone desu

I just dropped my OPO and cracked the scree after two and a half years of usage. I have been thinking about getting the OP5 but I am still uncertain...

1+1=2
1+5=6
6>2
so, yes.

i have a oneplus 5. its quick as fuck. i just dont like android anymore. the buttons on the sites are too easily pressed. if i turn it on its side to watch a video it will probably lock. i used mine for just over a week and have gone back to my iphone 7. if you like android then get it.

I'm really temped to get the huawei mate 9 pro. tried it in stores and it felt nice on my hand, but im not sure if it is ufs storage...

that's a nice number to wait for, but it will be six years later

it's because the SD801 is still a good SoC, except qualcomm stopped fucking supporting it.

Legitimate question,

Assuming you're not a poorfag, what is the actual point of getting a OnePlus over an S8 or Google Pixel?

Sammy and Google are coming with new iteration so theres no reason to by an S8 or Pixel now unless you're an idiot.

Charges faster
Very dev friendly (easy to root, easy to install custom ROM, company always provides the kernel sources and device trees)
No bloat on the default oxygen os rom
Company does a good job with updating it
Alert slider
Dual cameras
Fast fingerprint sensor
Excellent battery life
Dual Sim

>doesn't scroll properly
>crashes when calling 911

>Barely an issue
>Got patched already
I don't know how good the OPO is, but as a OP5 user I'd say the phone is definitely worth the money. Just overall a great device.

it literally has latency issues on the screen lol
youtu.be/GPykS9l3D2Q?t=4m38s

Yep.

youtube.com/watch?v=caXAVZRtZY4

Depends, opo has a pretty lively scene for custom roms. If you only use it for messaging, browsing and some videos, there's no need to upgrade.
If you wasn't to play 3d android games, it might be worth it.

I literally have no latency issues with the screen.
I just tried what he did in this thread and as far as I can tell the scrolling stops instantly when I tap the screen.

I still have an OPO. Why the fuck would I need to upgrade it? It still works great.

Stop being a consumerist whore, you don't need a new phone just because a new phone exists.

>s8
bloat, soon to be outdated
>pixel
build quality, price (just because you have some spare change doesn't mean you should waste it all), other than that they're the same

But I keep using up all my limited ram and the Bluetooth is busted (somewhat). I also like dash charge and the new camera. Also want to play some intensives gaymes that lag on the one.

Nope. Just buy a cheap chink phone with a decent battery.

Why the fuck would anyone care about 1ms slower opening of an app or something like that.

a broken screen or an iPhone wannabe... hmm

garbage phone is garbage

Which is which?

>soon to be outdated

S8 and OP5 have the same CPU
If S8 is outdated then so is OP5

The 5 can't reliably call 911
The 5 has an upside-down screen

The 3T has a really weak vibration motor
The 3T doesn't have the 5's dual-meme camera; not that you care since you're a typical Sup Forums-tard who doesn't have social media anyway

For most people here, the 3T is a better phone

rip english

>touchwiz

All of this is true.
t.op5 owner

>cameras
>only for social media
How old are you?

With for Oneplus 6. Seriously. The camera on OP5 is fucked up.

>The 5 can't reliably call 911

This was already fixed.

>oneplus 5
JELLY SCROLLING
ONE DAY WARRANTY
CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS ONE JOB: FUCK YOU OVER
CANNOT DIAL 911 (JUST REBOOTS)
LOOKS LIKE A CHEAP iPHONE KNOCKOFF

and you want to buy that chinkshit?! low IQ or just brain damage?

>The 5 has an upside-down screen

What do you mean by that?

>This was already fixed.
The very fact that something basic and important like that was somehow missed tells you all you need to know about OP5. It's like selling a car that cannot brake.

Replied to wrong post

>trusts the camera taking these pictures to have a proper shutter
u jelly?
>OnePlus phones purchased on oneplus.net come with a limited warranty of one (1) year starting from the date of delivery.
Apparently not jelly, just shill.

It's mounted 180 degrees from its nominal orientation. Therefore it scans from bottom right to top left. Some people have a severe problem with this.

The world doesn't revolve around you, amerifat.

>limited warranty of one (1) year
nice try, Rajesh.

and I know you're a pajeet because Indians buy OP5.

No jelly here, regards 1+5 8gb, I have been using it for a week now and it has been huge update compared to my old Xperia S and much better than my year old tablet too.

What's wrong with that iPhone 7 plus? It looks off...

Lol are you implying that not being a poorfag is a good reason to spend more money for an extremely similar product?

Honestly that's how people become poorfags.

Can't think of any good reason to get the 1+5 over an s8 or s8+ if budget isn't an issue.

Their support may be shit but that's a separate matter.
and I know you're unironically bourgeois and insecure about it.
t.US resident but it sure ain't my home

THIS. Rich people don't get rich by wasting money, which should be painfully obvious to anyone not raised on hip hop.

>tfw I went for the 3T over the 5
Greedy Chinaman intensifies

why do people care about the vibration strength? It's a phone not a vibrator that goes up your ass, unless you do that.

I have the oneplus 3 and the vibration is fine coming from a moto x 2013.

I did the same thing, those LineageOS builds are amazing.

OPO here on CM13.1.2 and it is still fast with great battery life.
I did give up on using a case and the OP glass screen protector a couple of months ago. Dropped it on a tiled floor twice and it's only got a small dent on one corner.

It's the Nokia 3310 of this decade

>t.US resident but it sure ain't my home

Oneplus 5 tries so hard to be an Iphone

it does quite well esp not being applepozzed

Get a 3t.

Literally every phone does.

There was a lot more phone diversity in the pre-iPhone days.

It's never worth upgrading a phone unless there's a problem with the old phone that renders it unusable.

OnePlus 3t is probably worth buying more that oneplus 5 because it's cheaper, and unless you use a resource intensive app it'll run just as well.

Stop giving in to the Jews

I'm considering this phone over lg g6. Which one is better in your opinons?

>Stop giving in to the Jews

So...give in to the Chinese instead?

Opo is actually better than the 2. Two has that shitty throttling snapdragon 810. Op3/3T is still the best phone they've made.

Same here. My opo is at least 2.5 years old and still works great despite dropping it multiple times(the unprotected screen is 99% as far as i see). Tbh i want it to die so i can get a new phone.

What did you do to that poor JPEG?

>Some people have a severe problem with this.
It's not even that. Animated anything on any device is designed with normal screen direction and refresh direction in mind. With stuff like rolling shutter in cameras, the effect becomes even worse when the screen is also refreshed upside down.