$700

>$700
How can they fucking get away with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xAjntsc8MR0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

By appealing to a niche market.

op, lets get one thing clear, there is ALWAYS somebody willing to buy almost any fucking shitty electronic device.

its simply magic.

This. Just take a look at Sup Forums

Except BlackBerry is damn near bankrupt.

>north american company
>quality product
it's not even expensive

Yeah, hell I bought a gpd win

>quality product
>screen pops out if you look at it wrong

Have you seen their stock price? Market share? Mind share? They're NOT getting away with this.

Because literally nobody else sells phones with a keyboard. I would buy this In a second if it wasn't non-rootable, just because of the keyboard

Blackberry phones always look sexy but why do they always put last years specs for current flagship prices?

Great keyboard.

Bad Google shit.

>$450

Are you retarded?

That's the average cost of a new iPhone or samsung flagship though. Niggers don't realize it because they buy the phone on a contract and pay that price plus interest over several years.

It rund eine though posting from one right now

>Rund eine
Forgot to switch keyboard language
Runs fine of course.

But it's not an iphone, or samsung. It's a blackberry with low end hardware, and questionable qc.

It's a niche product by a company that doesn't have the money to sell it for cheap. If you don't want it don't buy it.

>If you don't want it don't buy it.
You don't have to tell anyone this. No one wants it, because it's retardedly priced hence no one buys it.

They are actually performing well enough.

They don't make phones anymore. They license their name.

It's midrange, not low-end, and has both secure software and long term support.
>>If you don't want it don't buy it.
>You don't have to tell anyone this. No one wants it, because it's retardedly priced hence no one buys it.
It's been sold out three times in a row. There sure is a demand for it.

I know, that's really cheap for a phone

No wonder they're almost out of business

>It's midrange, not low-end,
>Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 625 Octa-Core 2.0 GHz, 64-bit Adreno 506, 650MHz GPU
Seems low end, but for $700.
>and has both secure software and long term support.
Blackberry used to tell me that there's no way to have a secure android. Should I believe pre android blackberry, or where they just spreading fud while purposefuly lieing to me?

>It's been sold out three times in a row. There sure is a demand for it.
3 of the only stocked phones sell over the course of a few months. Store orders 3 phones, and 3 people need to rma, because all three phones were faulty. Order three more. (Blackberry considers this as considered selling out).

Blackberry is basically just QNX now, the company they bought. QNX is in everything from running your car, elevators, whole building HVAC systems, to important stuff like Nuclear reactors.

youtube.com/watch?v=xAjntsc8MR0

>QNX is in everything from running your car, elevators, whole building HVAC systems, to important stuff like Nuclear reactors.
I'd feel better if they all switched to sel4.

>niche market
The shrinking niche of catering to the curious individuals who are yet to be disapointed by black barry.

Mmm...

/thread

The phone ends up being 200+ dollars cheaper at other countries but it's still over priced for it's specs.

Is that the phone with the screen that just pops off because they didn't glue it down?

iFags buy more expensive iToys

#Capitalism

What said. Companies have been doing this for years. I know it's king of not very Sup Forums relevant but Leica is doing the same.

Also - yeah it has bloated android running on that but their services/software are/is good for business enterprises.

Fuck I want it so much.
Redmi Note 4 isn't bad either but I want the gigantic screen.

Eyeing one of these as my botnet phone.

Would love to be able to justify buying one of these for personal botnet/work. Don't need much.. just acceptable performance, an SD slot, and battery life. Coming in $200 too expensive.

It's a shame honestly because it looks very nice and fresh compared to the iPhone/Samsung 'standards'
I also think this phone was not made for having 15+ apps like snapchat or instagram installed on it and probably it would perform fine for checking emails,google maps,and some youtube video

I am from eu and they want 300$ for bb classi with bb os 10 + 24month plan.

Every time I see new news about bb market share around 0.0003 I kek loudly, there is no fucking way they are not doing it on purpose.

They have no fucking chances to survive when their phones cost with plan as much as lg g6 or sgs6 while offering worse spec.

what the fuck

PRIV MASTERRACE HERE :3

>not being a poorfag
>not getting a new alias for different MetroPCS stores every 2 months to get free (promo) phones or reduced ($30-$60) phones for me, as a "new" customer
>not having collected 17 phones (Huawei, Samsung, ZTE, LG, etc) in the last 3 years
Yes, I've always had a primary phone with a 4 year old number. All these new phones are just secondary.

I though it was $549? Not BlackBerry's problem if scalpers are trying to rip people off while supplies are low

>I am from eu and they want 300$ for bb classi with bb os 10 + 24month plan.
What kind of third world shit hole are you from? In Germany the Classic costs around 100€ without a plan

Where is this anyway? I heard about this phone last October 2016 and it didn't make waves.

In China. Where they're already making another and there's tons of wannabe phones.

You can import them but most people balk at the price and go for a Redmi phone from them instead, because they're budget steals that make Moto phones blush

Sup Forums should never be allowed to discuss pricing or business practices

You'd need malnourished manlet Thumbs to press them keys tho. Also it introduces alot of failure points. How are they för repairablity?

Only thing I don't like about this phone and reason which I won't buy it is because the nav keys are hardware and painted on the phone's surface rather than being software keys

In Poland it costs 700 euro.

KEK

You are missing the point. Its cheap as fuck without subscription plan.

But GSM provider can give phone price out of his ass.

Price of phone higher than phone in normal market means that BB still think they are hot shit so they are setting up prices high for GSM providers.

I think somebody is doing it on purpose to fuck bb from the market completely. For what reasons? I do not know maybe they have some patents.

BB keyone was made by TLC in china, not by RIM in Canada or USA, quality is worse but they did not drop the price.

>tfw i paid 700 usd for my 1st phone for a new nokia 8890 as a 16yo burger in germoney
i have doomed humanity

>BB decided to move from BB OS to android
>They announced "Hey we are moving to andorid"
>Few days later half of the apps on BB OS not working

KEK

Basic economic how to fuck over you the most devoted fanboys.

Not sure where you're buying yours OP I just paid 528 for mine through Sprint.
No, it pops out if you try to pop it out by bending the phone.
It is lower end hardware than most phones, but personally I don't need any more.
It has that reputation yes. I will see when I get mine and report back.
That's what I paid so yeah I think his price is MSRP or something but it's been sold other places for cheaper

Yeah so I'm excited to get mine. It should be pretty nice. I've never had a Blackberry but I am so sick of touch keyboards it's not even funny.

I'll get one in 1.5 - 2 yrs when it's only $150 to $200. I still like feeling tactile key presses for longer texts or email. Have a priv now but would rather drop slider form factor for that sexy candybar.

$700 is for the international version. I just bought a gsm version from best buy for $550.