IT'S NOT FAIR.

INTEL WILL BEAT RYZEN NEXT YEAR, AND RYZEN WILL BECOME THE NEXT BULLDOZER

IT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS

Other urls found in this thread:

wccftech.com/intel-6-core-coffee-lake-i7-8700k-i5-8600k/
youtube.com/watch?v=nsDjx-tW_WQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just wait 2019

Holy shit Brian shareholders are not going to pay you for shitposting.
Prepare the lube.
t. Paul Otellini

with what?

Intel is just now ramping up hiring for engineers to design their next-gen x86 architecture. Expect nothing substantial from them before 2020/2021 except 10 nm and more Skylake/Kaby Lake tier "enhancements".

Because (((Intel))) has had the technology to beat whatever AMD comes up with for years.

They just don't release their best technology unless they are forced to, because they can make far more money selling shittier versions that are much cheaper to make.

Oh yeah they have super sikrit ebin tech of hyberbibelines to magically beat AMD (no).

Is that why they released that I9 mess

>shilling for either Intel or AMD
Let both companies beat the shit out of each other. Gives us better processors in the long run.

As of not Intel gives us better housefires.

That's the beauty of it though. AMD will provide reasonable processors at a reasonable price, people will see that Intel processors are overpriced and heat like crazy. It will either cause the market to shift towards AMD or Intel will actually have to revamp how they make their processors. It's a good scenario.

>consumer i5 and i7 have been 4 cores for years
>ryzen comes out and sells 6 cores for 200 bucks
>suddenly the next i5 is also going to have 6 cores
really makes you think.

>6/6 with shit clocks
Wow Intel resurrected Thuban!
Long live Israel.

>next i5s to have 6 cores
Source. This is Intel we are talking about.

>Source: My dad works at Nintendo

wccftech.com/intel-6-core-coffee-lake-i7-8700k-i5-8600k/

>needing more than 4 cores
>Nvidia and AMD both memed basement retards that they actually need 8 cores
>people actually believe they need a very expensive CPU
JUST

This is not the slam dunk Intel needs to grab back the performance crown. It's barely more powerful than a 1600X (maybe 10-15% realistically) and costs $100 more. Compare it to a 1700 or 1700X and it looks like hot garbage. They should've stuck to MUH CLOCKS 4 cores.

>these clocks
Why does it even exist.

Intel can't into MOAR CORES. I don't know why they even tried. Just release another quad core, you know everyone will buy it anyway because muh vidya. Oh well, whatever, Intel shooting themselves in the foot for the 10th time this year shouldn't even be a surprise anymore.

>nothing substantial
Nice try CIA

probably with 20 pcielanes
1mb l3 cache and 512kb l2 cache
also with hardware key to enable more than one core

Utter horse shit. Intel might be happy to drip feed desktop users, but they wouldn't risk their server dominance by playing games. The new Xeon lineup is an absolute disaster when compared to Epyc and is going to lose them a lot of market share in that sector. If they had a means to prevent that, it'd be getting rushed out the door right now.

>Faster than the 1600X and 1700X
>barely more powerful

Nice try AMD shill, what you mean is that you can't afford a 8700k so you pretend that your purchase is "good enough"

But it's not faster than a 1700X. And the single core advantage is pretty much gone compared to a 7700K.

youtube.com/watch?v=nsDjx-tW_WQ

When you remove the GPU bottleneck, you begin to see just how terrible the core performance of Ryzen really is. 130fps less in Snipe Elite, for example. Zen is Bulldozer 2.0 even to the point where AMD fanboys will ignore tests that remove the bottleneck until suddenly they realize their brand new CPU can't keep up a year later, just like what happened with Bulldozer.

lol okay kiddo

>being a fanboy of either
>not just picking the best price/performance ratio in the performance range you're looking for

You believe a lot of bullshit you read, don't you?

>no argument

Really makes you think

How many times are you going to spam this shit? Jesus fucking christ. i7-7700K wasn't even being directly compared here. It's the 8700K we're talking about. Fuck off already.

Because only faggots play games.

Why don't you post your 10x10 of blurry screenshots from Minkblank Tech's benchmarks which further illustrates my point?

It's pretty funny this guy is posting this shit in every fucking thread when the upcoming i7-8700K will have the exact same problem as Ryzen at these low resolutions and settings, but you won't hear a fucking word out of him about that.

>He bought a $500 CPU so he could do nothing but shill for AMD on an anonymous image board for free

Great purchase my friend. #TeamRed

Fuck off, you've already been laughed at in every other discussion of MUH 720p and nobody is going to play around with you again this time.

shilling hard schlomo or hardly shilling?

Maybe in some alternate timeline where GPUs advance faster than resolution and texture requirements 640x480 gaming benchmarks might become important.

Just wait.

>he can't even imagine CPUs being for things other than gaming and basic web browsing

Just like all of the benchmarks that showed Bulldozer's shitty performance early on. Yet everyone on Sup Forums was shilling it to the moon. Look to the past to see your future, fanboy.

Designated shitposting thread.

But i got my 1600 for $219.
>b-but Bulldozer
Shall i pull my
>m-muh shitburst
card out?

You already did this exact same song and dance. Nobody cares. Fuck off.

It's not that they can, it's that nobody on Sup Forums does, which makes the whole situation very strange.

Brian please go find some excuse for your shareholders instead of shitposting about running 1x1 gaming benchmarks

>couldn't refute it there
>can't refute it here
>throws a tantrum instead

There there, user. It's okay, you don't have to posture and pretend that you can defend your shitty purchase.

>March 2nd

>hurr durr I shit up more threads than you therefore I won

Kill yourself.

God damn it, people are still running anemic resolutions like 1080p on a 1080ti to put as much as a realistic CPU bottleneck as possible and you're still not satisfied?

What will happen if people actually ran tests with a 1070 or 1440p and 4k? Would you start foaming on the floor?

THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN BECAUSE THEY ALL WANT TO JEW US OUT OF OUR MONEYS!!!

720p benchmark on an era that we are breaking the 8k barrier...

>800x600benchmarks.jpg

>suddenly the die shrunk processors with the same architecture basis as the 4930k are i5 and i7s
Intel is shit l00l

There's no reason to even consider Intel at these resolutions, at least the 4 core chips
7700k's advantage basically vanishes and yet is still retains shitty performance outside of gaming due to low core count

Wrong... nobody tests browser opening performance, app opening performance, responsiverness in app, all run from single core, 7700k is over 30% faster than the most expensive Ryzen there

Intel sacrificed the Xeon line at the alter of AVX, since they were more paranoid about losing market share to Nvidia GPUs doing fp work than AMD chips doing normal int work.

Hence shoehorning AVX2 then AVX512 into every fucking web/file/database server chip, where a lot of compromises need to be made on power in order to keep the pipelines fed.

They're straight fucked for the next 2-3 years, since they never guessed AMD could make a chip that could compete on 80%+ of their actual market, and Skylake-E is starting to look Bulldozer tier in a lot of ways.

>over 30% faster
>every single thing listed is either memory or I/O bound
>even pure compute workloads aren't 30% faster

Keep drinking the kool-aid, bro. Even Intel is giving up on that shit. i7-8700K will have MORE CORES AND LESS CLOCKSPEED.

>get the cheapest, shittiest SSD that exists
>everything opens instantly

You can stop dreaming now.

I thought no shill threads allowed

AVX is garbage, I don't know why Intel keeps pushing that shit. Management must be calling the shots.

Actually thinking of vying Ryzen 1600X for ~290. Will it be enough to give GTX 1060 6GB its full potential. Is the CPU overclockable

It's quite literally a Bulldozer with fucking
>MOAR L2
Because the jew is afraid of GPGPU meme going at least anywhere.

Want 6 cores ? regular 1600 and overclock
Want 8 cores ? regular 1700 and overclock

X models are for those who don't want to overclock.

>Because the jew is afraid of GPGPU meme going at least anywhere.
They can't stop it if it does.

It's just fear and general lack of vision moving forward in a shrinking chip market.

It's not like Nvidia is all that calm either. Deep Learning is shit easy for other shops like Google, Fujitsu, etc. to enter, all their mobile efforts have utterly failed, and their great hope is fucking self driving cars.

Heterogeneous compute meme is even more dangerous if AMD ever really pulls it off.

>still can't refute

I win because I didn't make a shitty purchase like those who purchased Bulldozer.

NOOOOO B-BASED RYZEN HAS MORE C-CORES

Alright thanks. What about X Motherboard series. Is X the same as Z, do they allow overclock

>I don't know what a bottleneck is

Sup Forums - uneducated

R-RYZEN!!

R-RYZEN!!

R-RYZEN!!

I didn't purchase Zen or Bulldozer, what now faggot?

Can't wait for the 5GHz Ryzen 2 that I can just drop into my AM4 motherboard because AMD aren't complete Jews who change the socket after every sidegrade generation

No, you can OC on any B350/X370 board.

B350 and X370 overclock.

For overclocking 6 cores you can go with a B350 and do a decent 8 core overclock.
For higher overclocking (4.0-4.1GHz) 8 cores I'd recommend a decent X370 board

>5GHZ Ryzen

nt pajeet, ryzen is too shit for that

You're trying a bit too hard for these (You)s.

Crying wojak shitposters should be banned, I don't care which side they're on.

Sounds like you're winning to me, brother.

It's gonna be habbening soon.

One of the big surprises for Vega will be that it can do direct IF over a PCIe slot with Ryzen/TR/Epyc, since it will have serial interface PHY muxing the same as Zeppelin.

That means software stacks that work on Raven Ridge APUs, discrete CPU+GPU combos, and the eventual hybrid enterprise MCM APUs.

Please wait. Nazi gas chambers are currently in construction.

They are nearly finished, GloFo is getting 2 of the 4 EUV litho machines this year.

ASML must be rolling in dough

>One of the big surprises for Vega
Would be pajeet pulling annuda R300.
>One of the big surprises for Vega will be that it can do direct IF over a PCIe slot with Ryzen/TR/Epyc, since it will have serial interface PHY muxing the same as Zeppelin.
Pajeet already confired Vega is "their first IF GPU".
We'll see how it works.

Does it even matter if Intel has 100 FPS in shitty resolution if it's just 10 in regular scenarios? In addition Ryzens have cores to take care of other tasks and they don't have as many drops as Intel.

You're wasting your time, this guy has been shitting up threads with this crap for a week now.

Vega will be good, but R300 Reborn will be the first truly modular GPU, and that's not until Navi at the absolute earliest.

The most we can hope from multi-Vega is high bandwidth HBM pooling, not shaders running across separate ASICs.

Don't reply, if you remember 2 months ago he was literally spazzing out because someone tested a Ryzen with a GTX970(arguably the most popular GPU after 8800gt)

Then he's pretty potent if he can maintain 3-4 AYYMD BTFO threads at once.

Can't be helped.
At least he gets banned from time to time.

but bulldozer was good

>Vega will be good
I don't even know.
They gave us no info about uarch itself besides that January teaser that had only some high-level details.

AMD shows enough signs of sandbagging with Vega (despite very real development and production delays) that I'm not concerned with it being a flop.

It's only 2 month late, that's nothing compared to nv30/R520/R600/Thermi or Maxwell2.

Eh, personally I don't really care about GPUs, it would be better for everyone if it was good, but I have little interest in them myself.
CPUs are far more interesting.

>RYZEN WILL BECOME THE NEXT BULLDOZER
Bulldozer was literally complete dog shit from day one and there was never a reason to purchase it.

The Zen arch is incomparable to Bulldozer in how much fucking better it is.

Who the fuck is Bojak? That guy is from Krautchan you know? What a fucking redditor you are.

You guys don't understand! I got a 1080ti and a 4k monitor, I'm very interested in 800x600 performance, you should too.

FUCK AMD
FUCK RYZEN
FUCK LISA SU
FUCK JIM KELLER
FUCK INFINITY FABRIC

You forgot Mike Clark but whatever.
YES FUCK AMD.
FUCKING ANTISEMITES.
WE'LL COUNTER THEM WITH MORE DIVERSITY.